• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grass Stains Be Gone: My Best Trick for Removing Them!

In summary, using a toothbrush with a liquid laundry detergent will successfully remove stains from clothes.
peichef
As the mom of 7yr-old identical twin boys & a rambunctious girl, I should know the answer to this. But, surprisingly it doesn't happen too often.

What is your best trick to remove grass stains?? My dd just tripped on our hill & stained the knee on her new pants.

I love Oxyclean!!! Hot water (if the pants allow) and a soak them for the day in Oxyclean and hot water - should come right out! I use it all the time on my boys stuff!! (and my girls as well!!)

I need to do the pants on cold -- they are the perfect length & can't risk them shrinking....seems to me my MIL said something about rubbing a potato on it, or something like that!?!

Have you tried a stain remover? You could also just take some liquid laundry soap and rub it into the stain, let it sit and wash... repeat if needed before drying. Here's a stain removal guide:
http://www.all-homeandgarden.com/stain_removal.htmlOh and when you do wash it, toss in some Borax along with your normal laundry soap... Borax "boosts" the cleaning power.

peichef said:
As the mom of 7yr-old identical twin boys & a rambunctious girl, I should know the answer to this. But, surprisingly it doesn't happen too often.

What is your best trick to remove grass stains?? My dd just tripped on our hill & stained the knee on her new pants.

Spray hairspray on the stain and wash.

Works everytime and hair spray is cheap and easy to find!

Last edited:
lkprescott said:
Have you tried a stain remover? You could also just take some liquid laundry soap and rub it into the stain, let it sit and wash... repeat if needed before drying. Here's a stain removal guide:
http://www.all-homeandgarden.com/stain_removal.html

Oh and when you do wash it, toss in some Borax along with your normal laundry soap... Borax "boosts" the cleaning power.
Cool! Thanks!

Tide paste - use powdered Tide and mix it with water to form a paste, apply it liberally to the stain and scrub with a small scrub brush. Put it in the wash with more Tide and voila, clean white pants!

You can still use the oxyclean with cold water as well - I just use the hot to speed things up - works awesome! I also suggest the paste of whatever detergent you use -

thanks guys!so far I have done a mix of vinegar & H2O, followed by Shout! It's in the wash now. We shall see what happens.

I have recently started using an old toothbrush with liquid laundry detergent on my 3 kids stains and it has gotten everything (including grass and mud) out. The trick seems to be getting whatever stain remover you are using rubbed in really well. Be careful on the knees of their pants not to rub too hard.
My 2 favorite stain removers are Wisk (it has enzymes so it's great for grass) and M30 which a friend told me about. You can get it in a small plastic tub at Dollar General for $1 and shockingly it works really well.

susan g said:
I have recently started using an old toothbrush with liquid laundry detergent on my 3 kids stains and it has gotten everything (including grass and mud) out. The trick seems to be getting whatever stain remover you are using rubbed in really well. Be careful on the knees of their pants not to rub too hard.
My 2 favorite stain removers are Wisk (it has enzymes so it's great for grass) and M30 which a friend told me about. You can get it in a small plastic tub at Dollar General for $1 and shockingly it works really well.
I was just going to suggest M30. Someone else on here told me about it and it does work well on stains. I don't have kids so I don't know about grass stains but it has worked on other stains.

I'm guessing M30 is an American thing that we can't get (in this part of Canada, anyway).I LOVE, love, love using a toothbrush for cleaning -- never thought of it for laundry though :)Anyway, the vinegar / water mix (rubbed in) followed by Shout did the trick. The pants are good as new :)I love stain removal.

peichef said:
I'm guessing M30 is an American thing that we can't get (in this part of Canada, anyway).

I LOVE, love, love using a toothbrush for cleaning -- never thought of it for laundry though :)

Anyway, the vinegar / water mix (rubbed in) followed by Shout did the trick. The pants are good as new :)

I love stain removal.
Probably. You might be able to find it online. We find it at Dollar Tree locally.

1. How does "Grass Stains Be Gone" work to remove grass stains?

"Grass Stains Be Gone" is a powerful stain remover that uses a combination of enzymes and oxygen to break down and lift grass stains from fabric fibers. The enzymes work to break down the proteins in the grass stains, while the oxygen helps to lift the stain to the surface for easy removal.

2. Is "Grass Stains Be Gone" safe to use on all types of fabric?

Yes, "Grass Stains Be Gone" is safe to use on most types of fabric, including cotton, polyester, and blends. However, we recommend testing it on a small, inconspicuous area first to ensure it does not cause any damage or discoloration.

3. How should I apply "Grass Stains Be Gone" to get the best results?

For best results, we recommend applying "Grass Stains Be Gone" directly onto the stained area and gently rubbing it in with your fingers or a soft brush. Allow it to sit for 5-10 minutes before washing as usual. For tougher stains, you may need to repeat the process or let the product sit for a longer period of time.

4. Can "Grass Stains Be Gone" be used on both new and set-in grass stains?

Yes, "Grass Stains Be Gone" can be used on both new and set-in grass stains. However, for best results, we recommend treating the stain as soon as possible after it occurs. The longer a stain sets in, the more difficult it may be to remove.

5. Is "Grass Stains Be Gone" safe for use around children and pets?

Yes, "Grass Stains Be Gone" is safe for use around children and pets. However, we recommend keeping the product out of reach of children and pets and using it in a well-ventilated area. Additionally, be sure to wash the treated item before allowing children or pets to come into contact with it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
cathyskitchen
  • dannyzmom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • peichef
  • General Chat
Replies