• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Ot - Advice, Help, Toddler Girl

In summary, 3 year old Shelly started complaining of a tummy ache and her grandma took her to a ride thru cavern place. Once they got home, Shelly told her grandma that she was bleeding and when Grandma went into her stall to check, she found blood all in her panties. Grandma cleaned her up and called her mom to come get her. When they got to the ER, the doctor did a basic exam and found that Shelly was
Anyone have any idea as to what additional tests they might have to put this family thru?

I've been reading and praying, and will continue. My niece is going to be 4 on Aug. 30th. I can't even imagine what this little girl and her family is going though.

So glad to find out that all our milk here is free of the hormones. Is there use regional?

esavvymom said:
Glad you found out, but that poor little girl.

I think we've been doing organic meat/dairy since our kids were born, and I'm so glad we did. Wow. It's sad really that the people oversee these farms and RAISE these animals ignore it and discount these problems- just for the almighty dollar!

Praying for her family to get the answers they need for their future!

It's more than just the people who are raising the animals. It's the FDA (gov't agency - just like our health care is going to be.:rolleyes:) saying that there is no proof that the chemicals being pumped into these animals and their feed are harmful to humans. The FDA regulates the food industry - what they say goes, unless you spend the extra for organic foods.

ChefBeckyD said:
It's more than just the people who are raising the animals. It's the FDA (gov't agency - just like our health care is going to be.:rolleyes:) saying that there is no proof that the chemicals being pumped into these animals and their feed are harmful to humans. The FDA regulates the food industry - what they say goes, unless you spend the extra for organic foods.

I agree completely! And they'd rather put it on the shelf until you can PROVE there is a problem, vs making sure that no harm can come from the product BEFORE it goes on the shelf.

BlessedWifeMommy said:
I've been reading and praying, and will continue. My niece is going to be 4 on Aug. 30th. I can't even imagine what this little girl and her family is going though.

So glad to find out that all our milk here is free of the hormones. Is there use regional?

I don't think this just a regional problem, I know we read product labels and shop totally differantly now. And we are trying to educate everyone we meet.

Okay, I have a boy and not a girl but this is flipping me out. What do you suggest on buying chopped meat? Is there one type of label that I should be looking for? I will spend a few extra dollars to try to avoid the extra bad stuff on milk and meat but I'm sort of ignorant. Any ideas on a website or something?

Farm fresh meat is the best bet. It's not more expensive as some may think. We found a local farm that had only grass fed cows. With the cost of wrapping and butchering, it was LESS than the price per pound in the markets. I then know where it comes from. Many will let you choose 1/2 or whole cow. It's usually cheaper whole cow, but if you have a friend that wants to do it too, you can each get 1/2 and save on the cost.

In June, I found a lady who wanted to trade full weight of a pig for Pampered Chef. I purchased $235 of PC for a pig. I paid only $40 for butchering and was able to get the pork cut and wrapped in sizes that worked for my family. It came out less than the store and again, I'm serving my family something that I know is healthier.

Hmmm, I'm in NJ, I wonder if we really had that kind of farm? I guess I'll have to look into it.Thanks!

If you were to be able to buy large amounts of meat, it's worth getting an extra Freezer to put in the garage (We have 2.) But depending on the size of your family and their appetite, 1/4 or 1/2 of a cow can last you a year easily! We have gotten a 1/2 before and it FILLED a large upright freezer. Last time, we split a half with another family of 4, and it was much more manageable for us and what we consume. This is a great website to help you find farms in your area or within driving distance. It can also help you find Farmer's Markets, etc.

Local Harvest

cwinter474 said:
Anyone have any idea as to what additional tests they might have to put this family thru?

Anybody have a clue????

cwinter474 said:
Anybody have a clue????

I don't, I'm surprised that the doctor didn't say.

BlessedWifeMommy said:
I don't, I'm surprised that the doctor didn't say.

No, all he said was "additional testing was needed", we were all pretty numb when he was in the room. We really hadn't expected them to find anything since the level was high. We all had the deer stuck in the headlight type look.

We have been all over the internet, which in good, but it can be SCARY

We just want to know, so we can begin treatment of some kind.

Maybe the doctor didn't tell you because he didn't know himself! You'd be surprised...depending on how common of a problem this is. I know my family history includes a rare blood disorder. I remember being out in the hallway with my doctor LOOKING IT UP in her books! We (my DH and I) had to insist with both MY dad's doctor, and as significantly rare as it is- HIS dad's doctor and make them run the tests for that particular disorder. Turns out- both families had it- and none of the doctors had ever run into it or heard of it before in Americans. So Doctor's don't always have the answers...and maybe that's why he didn't tell you more then. But I would personally call the doctor's office and either speak with the nurse or doctor if that's possible, or leave a message and say that you are very concerned and have had more time to absorb this new change. You want to know what sort of tests will be needed, and what you can do for her in the meantime. Be persistent. You may not get the doctor, but usually the nurse can run interference and get the information you want.I hope you find the answers you are searching for.
Good luck!!!

Carol, Did you see the Mayo Clinic's site? they have a page that talks about the Treatments...about needing to find out 'what type' it is?

Bobbi, I'm rechecking all those site again this evening. Shelly's mom called the office today, didn't hear back and she is planning on calling back tomorrow.

Thank you for your concern!

esavvymom said:
If you were to be able to buy large amounts of meat, it's worth getting an extra Freezer to put in the garage (We have 2.) But depending on the size of your family and their appetite, 1/4 or 1/2 of a cow can last you a year easily! We have gotten a 1/2 before and it FILLED a large upright freezer. Last time, we split a half with another family of 4, and it was much more manageable for us and what we consume.

This is a great website to help you find farms in your area or within driving distance. It can also help you find Farmer's Markets, etc.

Local Harvest

Great site Bobbi! I found there were other local farms I didn't even know about.

Thanks Bobbi. No meant to speak of anywhere near me but eggs and produce which is neat. Alot of places I wasn't familiar with.

Our ShopRite had some good products so I guess I can at least start there. I got my son some "Yummy", the actual name, frozen chicken nuggets that were organic and super yummy!

dkitten13 said:
Thanks Bobbi. No meant to speak of anywhere near me but eggs and produce which is neat. Alot of places I wasn't familiar with.

Our ShopRite had some good products so I guess I can at least start there. I got my son some "Yummy", the actual name, frozen chicken nuggets that were organic and super yummy!

Laura's Lean Beef is a brand that is often found in regular grocery stores, for beef. Laura's Lean Beef: Lean, natural beef.

Earthbound Farms is also a brand that you can find in grocery stores. They have great snacks, juices, etc...for kids. Earthbound Farm Organic Salads, Fruits and Vegetables

Our local grocery stores have all started carrying store brand organics - including all dairy products. Check and see if you can get those, because they are much less expensive than the name brand organics.

Costco has a great selection of organics too. Dairy, fruits and veggies, meats, peanut butter, cereals, etc....

Yes, I saw Laura's and was intrigued but didn't pick anything up yet. I'm definatley going to buy the organic milk for starters. And like I said I bought the chicken nuggets and was very weary but they were very good.

Thanks again for all the good ideas and help.

esavvymom said:
Glad you found out, but that poor little girl. I think we've been doing organic meat/dairy since our kids were born, and I'm so glad we did. Wow. It's sad really that the people oversee these farms and RAISE these animals ignore it and discount these problems- just for the almighty dollar!Praying for her family to get the answers they need for their future!
Just a quick soapbox moment::As a farmer/rancher I just want to say that ALL OF US DO NOT DO THIS! We don't do organic but we limit everything we can. We don't do no till farming because all it is is a boom to herbicide makers (correct management helps with erosion). We have given our cattle antibiotics but do not sell them until 30-60 days after treatment (depending on treatment). We do not give them hormones. Our cattle go out to pasture in the summer and are fed here at home in the winter. We feed them our own raised corn and alfalfa.Our grains are sold to elevators- what they do with it I honestly don't know. Our cattle are sold to feedlots (through auction). Once again we don't know what they do once they have them.Please know that many farmers may not be organic but it does not mean we are trying to kill you, we are just trying to make a living the way we have for four generations.Proud Farmer/Rancher in Kansas

Dr did call back today,

Additional blood test. Also wants blood from her parents and littel brother.

Thats all I know, keep that postive energy coming!

thanks

darlinclem said:
Just a quick soapbox moment::

As a farmer/rancher I just want to say that ALL OF US DO NOT DO THIS! We don't do organic but we limit everything we can. We don't do no till farming because all it is is a boom to herbicide makers (correct management helps with erosion). We have given our cattle antibiotics but do not sell them until 30-60 days after treatment (depending on treatment). We do not give them hormones. Our cattle go out to pasture in the summer and are fed here at home in the winter. We feed them our own raised corn and alfalfa.

Our grains are sold to elevators- what they do with it I honestly don't know. Our cattle are sold to feedlots (through auction). Once again we don't know what they do once they have them.

Please know that many farmers may not be organic but it does not mean we are trying to kill you, we are just trying to make a living the way we have for four generations.

Proud Farmer/Rancher in Kansas

My statement wasn't meant to say all farmers who are "non-organic" do that. I was thinking more of those big commercial feed-lot type of places. Sorry- wasn't meant to offend! I buy from local farmers when I can too, and they aren't all "organic" in methods.

<h2>1. What should I do if my toddler girl starts her period?</h2><p>If your toddler girl starts her period, the first thing to do is remain calm. It's important not to panic or show any signs of distress in front of your child. Next, explain to your child that this is a natural process that happens to girls as they grow up. It's also important to reassure your child that there is nothing to be ashamed or embarrassed about.</p><h2>2. Is it normal for a 3-year-old to start her period?</h2><p>No, it is not normal for a 3-year-old to start her period. It is very rare for a child this young to experience menstruation. If this happens, it's important to consult with a pediatrician to determine the cause and ensure your child's health and well-being.</p><h2>3. What could be causing my toddler girl's early menstruation?</h2><p>Early menstruation in a toddler girl can be caused by a variety of factors, such as hormonal imbalances, genetics, or underlying medical conditions. It's important to consult with a pediatrician to determine the cause and ensure your child's health and well-being.</p><h2>4. What should I do if my toddler girl experiences pain or discomfort during her period?</h2><p>If your toddler girl experiences pain or discomfort during her period, you can give her over-the-counter pain relief medication like Motrin or Tylenol. It's also important to make sure she stays hydrated and gets plenty of rest. If the pain persists or becomes severe, consult with a pediatrician.</p><h2>5. Should I take my toddler girl to the emergency room if she starts her period?</h2><p>If your toddler girl starts her period, it's not necessarily an emergency. However, if she experiences severe pain, heavy bleeding, or any other concerning symptoms, it's important to seek medical attention. It's always better to err on the side of caution and consult with a pediatrician or go to the emergency room if you have any concerns about your child's health.</p>

1. What should I do if my toddler girl starts her period?

If your toddler girl starts her period, the first thing to do is remain calm. It's important not to panic or show any signs of distress in front of your child. Next, explain to your child that this is a natural process that happens to girls as they grow up. It's also important to reassure your child that there is nothing to be ashamed or embarrassed about.

2. Is it normal for a 3-year-old to start her period?

No, it is not normal for a 3-year-old to start her period. It is very rare for a child this young to experience menstruation. If this happens, it's important to consult with a pediatrician to determine the cause and ensure your child's health and well-being.

3. What could be causing my toddler girl's early menstruation?

Early menstruation in a toddler girl can be caused by a variety of factors, such as hormonal imbalances, genetics, or underlying medical conditions. It's important to consult with a pediatrician to determine the cause and ensure your child's health and well-being.

4. What should I do if my toddler girl experiences pain or discomfort during her period?

If your toddler girl experiences pain or discomfort during her period, you can give her over-the-counter pain relief medication like Motrin or Tylenol. It's also important to make sure she stays hydrated and gets plenty of rest. If the pain persists or becomes severe, consult with a pediatrician.

5. Should I take my toddler girl to the emergency room if she starts her period?

If your toddler girl starts her period, it's not necessarily an emergency. However, if she experiences severe pain, heavy bleeding, or any other concerning symptoms, it's important to seek medical attention. It's always better to err on the side of caution and consult with a pediatrician or go to the emergency room if you have any concerns about your child's health.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• crystalscookingnow
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
Replies
Views
Dina Atnip
Replies
Views
pampermeplease