• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Chefsuccess Taking Up Too Much of My Time?

In summary, a parent shares a story about their 15-month-old learning to open sliding doors and getting covered in mud while playing outside. They also mention using Oxy Clean to clean the muddy outfit and a company that sells babyproofing products. Another parent shares a similar experience with their child escaping the yard and suggests using a bungee cord to secure the gate.
sillylittlechef
Ok. my 15 month old has learned a new trick....opening the sliding doors onto our deck....Thankfully, the back yard is fenced! I kept hearing him yelling, but it sounded really far away...I searched the entire house and was really starting to panic when I realized the doors were open a little. There was my little monster covered from head to toe in mud! Well, that outfit is ruined. It was so cute and he was having so much fun I had to let him play while I took pictures....Oh to be little and enjoy playing in the mud again! Anyway, I guess that just shows me that I spend too much time on chefsuccess and not letting my baby play outside.

hey... get some Oxy Clean... make it about 3 or 4 times stronger than it says to in very hot water and soak that outfit... been there... done that... have a son who cannot resist mud!

Put a broom stick in the door track and he wont be getting out any more

This is my favorite company for baby stuff and I have ordered from them numerous times! I am the queen of babyproofing because I spend so much time here, LOL!

Here is their door and window choices-
http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/thumbnail.jsp?siteId=117&parentCategoryId=85183&categoryId=85216&subCategoryId=86198

I had the same problem, my kids want to be outside most of the day so I finally got a lap top for X-mas!!

Well my littlest monster knows how to open the gate outside, and walk down to the school 2 blocks away, UGHH!!!!! He has done this about 6 times now. DH let him go down to the school to play with his older brothers a couple of times, but when I was at work one time, I pulled up at the house and the door was open, I'm thinking what is going on? I go in and DH is talking on the phone, I ask where DS is and he says in the back yard, I said no he isn't, and the gate was opened, and so was the back door. Crap. SO I start walking around the house, and neighbors houses yelling for him and DH jumps in van and drives down alley to school, and down by the fence next to school, there he is just walking into the fence, going to find his brothers, UGHH! We live on the second busiest street for podunkville, but they walk down the alley since we use the back door, thank goodness.

We started using one of those bungee like cords that you use to tie stuff down with hooks on them and if the older boys left the yard to go to the school or wherever they were to strap that around the gate, tight, and he couldn't get out, well it didn't take long for him to figure that one out either, the little terd. I was taking a shower thinking he was nice and safe in the back yard and nope, he decided to go for another stroll. He is such a little smarta** that sometimes I hate it!

jdavis said:
Well my littlest monster knows how to open the gate outside, and walk down to the school 2 blocks away, UGHH!!!!! He has done this about 6 times now. DH let him go down to the school to play with his older brothers a couple of times, but when I was at work one time, I pulled up at the house and the door was open, I'm thinking what is going on? I go in and DH is talking on the phone, I ask where DS is and he says in the back yard, I said no he isn't, and the gate was opened, and so was the back door. Crap. SO I start walking around the house, and neighbors houses yelling for him and DH jumps in van and drives down alley to school, and down by the fence next to school, there he is just walking into the fence, going to find his brothers, UGHH! We live on the second busiest street for podunkville, but they walk down the alley since we use the back door, thank goodness.

We started using one of those bungee like cords that you use to tie stuff down with hooks on them and if the older boys left the yard to go to the school or wherever they were to strap that around the gate, tight, and he couldn't get out, well it didn't take long for him to figure that one out either, the little terd. I was taking a shower thinking he was nice and safe in the back yard and nope, he decided to go for another stroll. He is such a little smarta** that sometimes I hate it!
Oh my, how old is he? That would freak me out if my girls did that!

That is soo scary. I would lock him in the bathroom with me.

He is now 3 1/2 but I think it was about a year ago the first time this happened.

A guy from work, don't have a clue what his name is brought him home, my mother asked him how he knew where he lived and he said he showed me, ughh. I have tried all kinds of things with that stupid gate to no avail, he sneaks out of the house when I am trying to work, or shower, or cleaning, and is gone for like 2 seconds and he's already down the street, I need to get another lock for the door, one that's higher so he can't reach it. Good thing we live in podunkville, but it really freaks me out, and he has hid in my closet one time and I thought he was out wandering around, I could have strangled him, good thing he's so cute, lol.

They also have a cheapy GPS type locator on there Jenn- it looks like a bug and you clip it to your kid and use the parent remote to find them!

ETA- here is the link

http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=487760&cmSource=Search

Depending on what kind of gate you have, Cant you get a lock with a key for like a locker. Is there a hole you can feed a lock through. OR somewhere you can chain it and then lock that.

gilliandanielle said:
They also have a cheapy GPS type locator on there Jenn- it looks like a bug and you clip it to your kid and use the parent remote to find them!
gilliandanielle said:
Like the key finder on along came polly

gilliandanielle said:

Like the key finder on along came polly:D

And a gate alarm:

http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=337757&cmSource=CrossSell&relatedProductId=369761

I swear I don't work for them, they just have the coolest stuff!

gilliandanielle said:

ETA- here is the link

http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=487760&cmSource=Search
Oh, he'd take that off in a second!

gilliandanielle said:
And a gate alarm:

http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=337757&cmSource=CrossSell&relatedProductId=369761

I swear I don't work for them, they just have the coolest stuff!
Holy Cow $70, and I'm sure he would figure out how to switch it off in a day or two.

They have leashes on there! LMAO!!

OOps, $60. But I am sure with his little smart butt he would have it figured out in no time.

Hmmm, tie him up when I get in the shower, now there's an idea, lol.

ANYWAY, you all have to quit bugging me so I can go take a shower in peace, DH took the kids to the park or somewhere and I have to get ready to go!

jdavis said:

Oh i feel for ya! I too have an escape artist! we have locks and double locks on everything ! his bedroom window included (lock w/ a key) our house is like a fortress! he's 4 1/2 now but this started at about 18 months!
we still keep everything locked though. we live a a super busy road.

once my neighbor came to my (locked) front door with him in his arms because he was outside in the driveway....he climbed out his bedroom window actually pulled the window down from the top climbed out and dropped about 10 feet into the garden!
geesh and he's #3 I thought I had seen everything!

Yea, not sure if the gate locks or alarms would have done much for me... I have three boys and ALL of them quickly learned how to scale the fence . Not good. I am not in a fantastic area though.. so even though the oldest is nine... they don't go to play in the yard unless I am watching.. they can play on the deck with the dogs and if the door or window is open so I can check up once in a while...
I think I worry the most about some creep taking them ! I have looked up the offenders list via Megans Law and it is too scary!

I hope your little guy stays safe and stops his Houdini acts!! :) Good Luck

gilliandanielle said:

ETA- here is the link

Can I use that on my husband?

sillylittlechef said:
Anyway, I guess that just shows me that I spend too much time on chefsuccess and not letting my baby play outside.

Did you notice that not ONE of the cheffers agreed that you should cut back your time on chefsuccess? :) Everyone started offering ideas to help keep him from escaping :eek: and keep you on here! :D Didn't know if anyone else caught that or not! I thought it was funny :) LOL!

I saw those little clip on "bugs" on SuperNanny for a little guy who kept escaping. They clipped it to the middle of the back of his shirt...it worked and was SO cute!

As far as suggestions to get mud out....any suggestions for Georgia red clay? My son made the middle school soccer team....I've sprayed, bleached, sprayed, and bleached about 5 times and it hasn't come out yet!!!

GeorgiaPeach said:
Did you notice that not ONE of the cheffers agreed that you should cut back your time on chefsuccess? :) Everyone started offering ideas to help keep him from escaping :eek: and keep you on here! :D Didn't know if anyone else caught that or not! I thought it was funny :) LOL!

I saw those little clip on "bugs" on SuperNanny for a little guy who kept escaping. They clipped it to the middle of the back of his shirt...it worked and was SO cute!

As far as suggestions to get mud out....any suggestions for Georgia red clay? My son made the middle school soccer team....I've sprayed, bleached, sprayed, and bleached about 5 times and it hasn't come out yet!!!

OHHHH, **Gasp** Never, LMAO! This happens even when I'm not on here, lol.

GeorgiaPeach said:

For Alabama mud...I make a solution using baby washing detergent. I use an empty spray bottle and add some detergent and then water to make it thinner to spray. I LOVE Dreft but my Walmart stopped having it, so, I now use Baby All. Dreft also has a stain spray that is AWESOME! My Walmart does not carry it anymore either!:mad: It even got the blood out when my husband helped run their family deer processing business one year.

I actually managed to get off here for awhile and came back to find two pages of people with escape artists, and I did notice that no one gave me any ideas on how to limit my chefsuccess time;)
Suprisingly the mud came out in just the regular wash cycle. I think because it was so wet and I threw it in the wash immediately! It was really so cute to see him just crawling around in the mud having the time of his life! He was just grinning from ear to ear. Got some pics, but had to use disposable camera because the digital batteries were dead and didn't want to find new ones! SOOOOO cute. when i get them developed I'll put one on here.
We have a door knob cover on our basement door so that my 3year old sleepwalker doesn't open it and fall down the stairs some night. It works really well and it's super cheap! My Dh can hardly figure it out. Wal-mart and baby's R us carry them. That might keep your little guys in.
Thanks for the cool website Gillian!

We wouldn't be very good friends if we told you how to limit your time here!! My 3 year old got the Safety 1st door knob covers open within minutes so I had to order heavier duty ones from this site. I also put all my kids clothes and little toys that make a huge mess in their closets and use the bifold door locks to keep them out! We also had to get a big door knob cover for our bathroom door because our guests would keep getting surprised by toddlers!!

WOW! I thought those doorknob covers were perfect, maybe my girls just aren't coordinated. I guess I'll see how they work when my DS gets tall enough to reach the knobs. SO far just his fingertips reach. I always tell guests to lock the door or they might have company in the bathroom.

My 22 month old can't get the Safety 1st ones open but my DD can do them without blinking!

We... must... keep... you... on .... here longer.

LOL

gilliandanielle said:

ETA- here is the link

I have something like that for my kids, because I have a wanderer too. Expect the one I have will also sound if someone tries to take it off, either your child or another person, God forbid!

1. How can I manage my time better while being a part of Chefsuccess?

One way to manage your time better is to set a specific time limit for when you will engage with Chefsuccess each day. This can help prevent getting too caught up in the discussions and spending too much time on the platform.

2. Is it possible to limit my involvement on Chefsuccess without missing out on valuable information and opportunities?

Yes, it is possible to limit your involvement while still being an active member of Chefsuccess. You can set boundaries for yourself, such as only checking the platform during designated times or only participating in discussions that are relevant to your specific interests or areas of expertise.

3. How can I balance my time between Chefsuccess and other important tasks or responsibilities?

One way to balance your time is to prioritize your tasks and responsibilities. Determine what is most important and allocate your time accordingly. You can also set aside specific blocks of time dedicated to Chefsuccess, and make sure to stick to that schedule.

4. How can I ensure that being a part of Chefsuccess does not interfere with my personal life?

It's important to set boundaries and make time for your personal life outside of Chefsuccess. This can include setting aside specific times for family or personal activities and avoiding using Chefsuccess during those times. It's also important to communicate with loved ones about your involvement in Chefsuccess and make sure they understand and support your commitment to it.

5. Is it possible to find a healthy balance between being involved in Chefsuccess and spending time with my family?

Yes, it is possible to find a healthy balance between Chefsuccess and spending time with your family. As mentioned before, setting boundaries and communicating with your loved ones can help. Additionally, you can also involve your family in your Chefsuccess activities, such as discussing topics with them or attending events together.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
Replies
Views
pcchefjane