• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Signs That You Spend Too Much Time on Cs.

In summary, the author spends too much time on Chef Success, and when she tries to explain to her friends and family that she is talking to "actual friends" they don't seem to get it. She also tries to explain the concept of "actual friends" to her friends and family and they don't seem to get it either.
Kitchen Diva
Gold Member
I am sitting here laughing at myself because I've just sent a couple emails out to some friends and just realized that I spend WAY too much time on CS and here is why...

When I was done writing my email I scrolled down to the bottom to hit "submit". However an email doesn't really have a bottom so I kept scrolling and scrolling before I went Um- DUH- just hit the send button at the top girl!

:rolleyes:

It's official- the marbles have left the building!

LOL! My husband knows of CS so much since I talk about it all the time. I turn to CS before I call my director, hospitality cluster directors, other consultants, etc. I don't do anything PC related til I check here! lol

jbdowd0798 said:
LOL! My husband knows of Chef Success so much since I talk about it all the time. I turn to CS before I call my director, hospitality cluster directors, other consultants, etc. I don't do anything PC related til I check here! lol

Same here!

Also, I seem to confulse other non-chef success consultants when I use the CS lingo in emails!:blushing:

I tried to type an email to my aunt and almost put DH instead of his name!

wadesgirl said:
I just did that to a friend and she was like "what's DH?"

:D

Kitchen Diva said:

I at least caught myself before I did it! I think I almost did it for BIL once too.

bsaxman said:
Same here!

Also, I seem to confulse other non-chef success consultants when I use the Chef Success lingo in emails!:blushing:

I do that too! I will often email my director with info that I have also posted on here, and she emails me back all the time asking for translation!:D

We are nerds! :)

wadesgirl said:
OMGosh! I have done the exact same thing. Nice to know I am not the only one....:eek:

Christ Follower said:
OMGosh! I have done the exact same thing. Nice to know I am not the only one....:eek:
I don't think we are, but if we make too big a deal of it, they may just put us on our own special island!

I know I've been spending too much time here when friends and family start asking if the person I'm talking about is, "an actual friend or a friend from that Pampered Chef thing."I've tried over and over to explain that you people are "actual friends." They just don't seem to get it.

raebates said:
I know I've been spending too much time here when friends and family start asking if the person I'm talking about is, "an actual friend or a friend from that Pampered Chef thing."
I've tried over and over to explain that you people are "actual friends." They just don't seem to get it.

How rude! Of course we're real friends....and yer my surrogate momma! :)

raebates said:
I know I've been spending too much time here when friends and family start asking if the person I'm talking about is, "an actual friend or a friend from that Pampered Chef thing."

I've tried over and over to explain that you people are "actual friends." They just don't seem to get it.

I am sooooo with you Rae!!! Last night when we were watching the 48 hours special, I burst into tears when I saw this site with Paiges name and ChefBeckyD's! My DH couldn't understand why I got so upset & I told him I had just "talked" to Becky a few hours before.....he still didn't get it...........

we are a family on here!

Kitchen Diva said:
How rude! Of course we're real friends....and yer my surrogate momma! :)

Rae is waaaayyyy too young to be yer momma!

The way you typed this reminds me of my friend from high school's DH....he speaks Southernese....I would crack up when he would say "we are goin' to visit momerndem"............momerndem in regular English is "momma and them"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My point, exactly!

Well, since Rae is right now more of a Mom than my own mother, I don't care if she's too young to be my Mom! :) She is still my surrogate Momma! :)

My Mom is in her early 50's.

Kitchen Diva said:

I have been doing that to and friends are family are like HUH??? Teenage DS asked if these were real or imaginary friends I talk to, smarty butt.:p Still can't figure out why he would think I had imaginary friends??

Now when I try a new recipe DH asks me "is this one of Becky's?" :)

rennea said:
Now when I try a new recipe DH asks me "is this one of Becky's?" :)

That's funny! :D :D :D

raebates said:

Is it possible they think we are the friends that live inside your head?:D :eek:

Is it possible they think we are the friends that live inside your head?

Ohhhh, so THAT'S where those voices are coming from! :)

Oh my gosh - I have been laughing so hard I'm crying. Wait I have to go get the Kleenex again!!!

There I'm back! My family doesn't get it either that you are all my friends. They think I am crazy! Reminds me of a song from my childhood. I think we could make it our theme song:

I am just coconut sitting in my coco tree everybody steps on me that is why I'm cracked you see - we are nuts, we are nuts, we are crazy, we are crazy, we are nuts, we are nuts, happy little morons (sp?), happy little morons, la, la la, la la la...

Okay - it's much better with music. If I were attending Wave 3 Meet N Greet I would sing it for you!

Someone at Wave 3 MnG record Rhonda and post for all of us to hear! Sounds like a song my cub scout pack would love and sing obnoxiously loud!

For a while, I couldn't see the point of going to conference. Somebody pointed out that it would give me the chance to swap ideas with consultants across the country.And I thought, "This would be different from any other day because ...."

My thoughts exactly.

When Rae and another cheffer came to visit one afternoon, our conversations sounded exactly like our posts. Even thought it was the first time we had all met in person, it felt like I was sitting with my best friends who I had known for years. Kinda creepy, but really cool at the same time!

Rae's not creepy!

kidding, I know that isn't what you meant. Hey where did you go? I posted my new clothes on my thread that you asked to see...

I'll check them out... I was off counting other people's money again... never did finish last night.

Funny, I knew the song as "I am just an acorn round sitting on the cold, cold ground. Everybody steps on me, that's why I'm a nut you see. I'm a nut..." :sing:

Benefits of conference include the energy, seeing that consultants come in all shapes, sizes, etc and that real people get recognized, the new product room, specials on business merchandise, time away, and finding out about great resources like Chef Success!

It's great to go, but it isn't necessary to succeed. I've been 3 times; first time was great and my business really grew that fall! Next time, conference was really good but life events kept me from focusing on my business and so I didn't reap the benefits of the 'investment'.

katie0128 said:
Someone at Wave 3 MnG record Rhonda and post for all of us to hear! Sounds like a song my cub scout pack would love and sing obnoxiously loud!

Too funny!! I learned it a Girl Scout Camp;) !

Not sure I'm up to posting my singing on the internet!:eek:

I learned No body likes me, everybody hates me I think I'll eat some worms....♪♫

And my favorite one- The old gray mare, pooped in her underwear cuz she had another pair, and she didn't really care...

And another one--- She's got freckles on her butt she's nice♪♫ (I learned those from my grandfather!) :)

Oh my gosh..... too funny!

One fav from girl scout camp...

No matter how young a prune may be, it's always full of wrinkles...

and

Great big globs of greasy, grimey gopher meat...

I learned a bunch of fun songs in Pioneer girls, I should see if my sister remembers any of them. I can't think of any off the top of my head.

katie0128 said:
My thoughts exactly.

When Rae and another cheffer came to visit one afternoon, our conversations sounded exactly like our posts. Even thought it was the first time we had all met in person, it felt like I was sitting with my best friends who I had known for years. Kinda creepy, but really cool at the same time!

I know exactly what Katie means. You kinda had to be there. It's a little odd when people who have never met have a whole history together. Then, throw The Furry Guy into the mix, and you have one odd situation.

It was really fun, though. I highly recommend invading a fellow Cheffer's house for several hours. :love:

raebates said:
I know exactly what Katie means. You kinda had to be there. It's a little odd when people who have never met have a whole history together. Then, throw The Furry Guy into the mix, and you have one odd situation.

It was really fun, though. I highly recommend invading a fellow Cheffer's house for several hours. :love:

I'm sure TFG was glad the smallish ones were there to keep him entertained. I don't think he would been as excited to be stuck with just you, me and Tina for 7 hours.

Nate and Kyle still ask about him periodically. We might have to make a visit this summer when we go to DH's cousin's place in Yorktown.

I don't know whether this will surprise you or not, Katie, but The Furry Guy would have been fine with just us women for all 7 hours. He's pretty easy going, and he loves women.

Related to Signs That You Spend Too Much Time on Cs.

1. What are some signs that I spend too much time on CS?

Some signs that you spend too much time on CS (Computer Science) include constantly checking for notifications, spending hours browsing through forums and discussions, neglecting other responsibilities, and feeling anxious or irritable when you can't access the site.

2. How can I limit my time on CS?

To limit your time on CS, try setting a specific time limit for yourself each day, setting reminders to take breaks and engage in other activities, and finding a balance between using CS and fulfilling other responsibilities. You can also try using apps or browser extensions that restrict your access to certain websites during certain times.

3. Is it healthy to spend a lot of time on CS?

Spending too much time on CS can have negative effects on your physical and mental health, such as eye strain, back pain, and social isolation. It's important to find a balance and engage in other activities that promote overall well-being.

4. How can I make my time on CS more productive?

To make your time on CS more productive, try setting specific goals for each session, engaging in discussions and collaborations with others, and actively seeking out new information and resources to enhance your knowledge and skills.

5. What are some other ways to connect with the CS community?

There are many ways to connect with the CS community outside of using the CS platform. You can attend conferences and events, join online communities and forums, participate in coding challenges and hackathons, and contribute to open-source projects. You can also reach out to fellow CS enthusiasts through social media or local meetups.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sillylittlechef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
supergirljennie
  • KellyTheChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • kcjodih