• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Not Quite What I Had in Mind...

In summary, Kristi was not kept off this site against her will. This was the way she chose to be held accountable. Lesson learned about how to inform us, too.
Kristina21
First of all thank you, all of you who were worried about me. I would have explained in the original thread but by the time I got home from work and found out, it had been locked.

To answer some questions...I asked my husband to change my password and not let me use this forum. I spend WAY too much time on here doing well, nothing. I have a terrible habit of just sitting here reading when I should be doing business.

I love the help and idea exchange from this site, and I've grown to know many of you. But too much of a good thing is bad!

Thank you again! I will check in from time to time...but I really have to make my business work. :D

Kristina21 said:
First of all thank you, all of you who were worried about me. I would have explained in the original thread but by the time I got home from work and found out, it had been locked.

To answer some questions...I asked my husband to change my password and not let me use this forum. I spend WAY too much time on here doing well, nothing. I have a terrible habit of just sitting here reading when I should be doing business.

I love the help and idea exchange from this site, and I've grown to know many of you. But too much of a good thing is bad!

Thank you again! I will check in from time to time...but I really have to make my business work. :D
Thanks for explaining. Glad to know you're going to work your business even harder. Come back and let us know about your successes.

Wow again. Lesson learned that having someone else speak on your behalf under your member name is probably not a good way to handle a situation like this.

I hope next time someone feels this way they have the will power to just stay off the website. Wouldn't that just be easier?

There is so much more that could be said here.......anyone .....anyone???

I think what needed to be said has been said. Kristi is not being kept off this site against her will. This is the way she chose to be held accountable. Lesson learned about how to inform us, too.

TammyStar said:
Wow again. Lesson learned that having someone else speak on your behalf under your member name is probably not a good way to handle a situation like this.

I hope next time someone feels this way they have the will power to just stay off the website. Wouldn't that just be easier?

There is so much more that could be said here.......anyone .....anyone???

Okay, I'll bite- how do we know it's really her????

Am I the only one who's ever asked their husband to hide the chocolate--or chips, or scones, or whatever?

When I read the initial post, that's exactly what I thought of...a supportive hubby just trying to help.

AZPampered Chef said:
Am I the only one who's ever asked their husband to hide the chocolate--or chips, or scones, or whatever?

When I read the initial post, that's exactly what I thought of...a supportive hubby just trying to help.

LOL- if my husband ever hid something...even he would never be able to find it again! :D

AZPampered Chef said:

I think it just seemed a bit unneccessary. We didn't really have to be involved. In the telling us that was a little weird so of course it raised suspicions. We have had a member go missing before and a couple of abusive spouses amoung the consultants here, so we aren't paranoid just careful. You know?

I'm glad to know that she's fine and they have talked about it and decided together that it was the way for her to go. I mean let's face it...who here has sat down to do calls or prepare a mailing only to get caught up on a few interesting threads?

Chef Kearns said:
I'm glad to know that she's fine and they have talked about it and decided together that it was the way for her to go. I mean let's face it...who here has sat down to do calls or prepare a mailing only to get caught up on a few interesting threads?

That reminds me, I better get back to my newsletter................

:blushing:

My thoughts were, I understand that she may have asked for help on keeping her off the site, but why did he, or they feel the need to make the issue of telling it the way it was told? Why didn't they, he, just change her password and be done with it? And not post anything at all. That would have made more since to me.

I mean in all honesty I don't know any of you on a personal (First name, phone number, see you at cluster meeting or whatever) bases, I have exchanged emails with several of you, traded with several of you but, let's be honest if I didn't log on again... would you notice? (I'm not asking for any declarations here, just typing out loud)

I would be devistated without you guys. You are always here when I need help, prayers and or guidenance, but I am and always have been one of those people that simply blend into the wallpaper patterns of life.

Glad to hear it was a mutual decision. I am fairly new on the site so didn't know Paige until after I got on here. I can understand (and I felt the same) everyone being worried after what happened to her. Keep safe...work your business...and come by from time to time and tell us how well you are doing! HUGS!

cwinter474 said:
My thoughts were, I understand that she may have asked for help on keeping her off the site, but why did he, or they feel the need to make the issue of telling it the way it was told? Why didn't they, he, just change her password and be done with it? And not post anything at all. That would have made more since to me.

I mean in all honesty I don't know any of you on a personal (First name, phone number, see you at cluster meeting or whatever) bases, I have exchanged emails with several of you, traded with several of you but, let's be honest if I didn't log on again... would you notice? (I'm not asking for any declarations here, just typing out loud)

I would be devistated without you guys. You are always here when I need help, prayers and or guidenance, but I am and always have been one of those people that simply blend into the wallpaper patterns of life.

I'm with you there! That's what my thought was. When my Mom passed away in March, I didn't log on here for at least two months, am I'm pretty sure that most probably didn't notice, which I'm fine with, but no one really needed the post from "helpful hubby" to tell us she wouldn't come on here as often. I realize it's not Kristin's doing, but we are like a family and do worry about each other (I think, anyway), so of course a message like that would raise a few red flags with us.....just my 2 cents!

Anyway, glad you're working your business Kristin! This is an addictive site! :)

I think that it should have been handled differently. Her hubby could have changed the password & left it at that. Not stay on & continue posting to his own post. I still think he acted like a jerk.

I'm glad everything is okay and that it was a mutual decision. But the way he wrote his post was very unsettling. It was like a parent coming on and repremanding all of us. I also thought his second post about using a filter against this site was a bit over the top, and that's the comment that really seemed like he was controlling her. His lurking around seemed eerie as well.

But oh well, everyone's different and sometimes in the land of e-mails and postings things come off differently than originally intended.

I guess I'm seeing it differently... He wrote the post so anyone who DID notice that she wasn't around wouldn't worry! Would you really rather she had just "disappeared"?

And as for it being to better to "just have the will power", well, if we all had great will power, we'd probably all be 10lb lighter :) (well, me at least!). So lets all try not be judgemental when someone else needs some help with a weakness.

And I mean that very kindly... Just trying to say, let's try to support each other as we can.

And yes, she could have posted herself, but for whatever reason they chose for him to do it - again, (like others have said) a lesson learned about how to communicate!

stacywhitlow said:
I think that it should have been handled differently. Her hubby could have changed the password & left it at that. Not stay on & continue posting to his own post. I still think he acted like a jerk.

I agree.....

My opinion of the situation, is that if he would have come on here and said that she was the one that asked him to change her password for her so she could concentrate on her business and that he was just typing the message so if anyone wondered where she was, that we would know. That would have been a much better way to handle it. I think that tone and the way something is conveyed across is hard when typing online or through an email. But, it's just the way the message came across that was concerning. That being said, I am glad everything is alright, and it was ultimately her decision.

Everyone has a different way of handling things. Kristi thank you very much for doing a final posting to let us know everything is cool.

Much success in your business!!

I think we are beating a dead horse and overanylzing everything. Time to let this one go.

Though I think he could have worded it differently, haven't we all worded something in the wrong way one time or another? I did, just last week...right, Di_Can_Cook?

I think it's the "Pampered Chef family" way to be worry about each other ~ a cool benefit of the biz!

I thought it was pretty hysterical.

Hubby here.

I have been a very active member on many a forum in the past(holding G Mod position on some more well known ones in my circles of interest) and make a point to 'know' the people around me. If I were to vanish outright, I'd expect someone to be perturbed; as opposed to those of you who were worried about me posting her partings.

I chose to post the original thread because Kristi has separation anxiety, and cannot bear to do 'goodbye' sort of things; and because(as I stated) I had assumed that people who spend time on this forum would want to know to, some extent where members are going. It has become apparent to me that this was a mistake. I would like to thank AnnieBee for her posts. She made some very intelligent posts, more-so on the point than most others.

So she's not chained up, and you're not getting a divorce?

kspry said:
I thought it was pretty hysterical.

You would find something like that hysterical.

If we thought someone might be in danger, we have a cause for concern. That's all.

Heaven help you if you are ever in that situation...you've offended too many here...

I didn't mean hysterically funny, dear.

chefsteph07 said:
Time to let this one go.

I agree! And at this point I think any more post by either one of them is just for attention. If you are trying to let CS go, then quit posting now and let this die down!

I think when Greg locked the other thread like we asked, he did not intend for another one to get started! And I think this one should be locked as well.

jrstephens said:
I agree! And at this point I think any more post by either one of them is just for attention. If you are trying to let CS go, then quit posting now and let this die down!

I think when Greg locked the other thread like we asked, he did not intend for another one to get started! And I think this one should be locked as well.

Well said, Jennifer!

May this thread, like the other, RIP!!

vwpamperedchef said:
You would find something like that hysterical.

If we thought someone might be in danger, we have a cause for concern. That's all.

Heaven help you if you are ever in that situation...you've offended too many here...

Offense is the bait of Satan- he uses it to paralize people from doing anything for anyone, etc...because they've hurt or offended us.

For me personally if something bad happened to KSpry- I'd still worry/pray for her safety and well-being...even though I've been attacked by her a few times... but that's just the way I am- :blushing: ;)

In fact I would worry about any of the people here that I've gotten to "know" especially if they just fell off the face of the forum here, or if I hadn't heard from them via email, or if their hubby's had gotten on and posted something similar to what Kristi's DH posted.

Kitchen Diva said:
Offense is the bait of Satan- he uses it to paralize people from doing anything for anyone, etc...because they've hurt or offended us.

For me personally if something bad happened to KSpry- I'd still worry/pray for her safety and well-being...even though I've been attacked by her a few times... but that's just the way I am- :blushing: ;)

In fact I would worry about any of the people here that I've gotten to "know" especially if they just fell off the face of the forum here, or if I hadn't heard from them via email, or if their hubby's had gotten on and posted something similar to what Kristi's DH posted.

You are so sweet.... I really hope we get to met someday.

Oh my!! Let it go!!

jrstephens said:

Really, maybe Krist's husband will get addicted to us too! We are a hard group to break away from...LOL

Okay people...BACK TO WORK!!

Unless you are all booked up through December?

Kitchen Diva said:

And that's why we love you, Kasey! :)

Chef Kearns said:
Okay people...BACK TO WORK!!

Unless you are all booked up through December?

I'm gettin' there

1. Why did you ask your husband to change your password and not let you use this forum?

I asked my husband to change my password and limit my usage of this forum because I was spending too much time on here instead of focusing on my business.

2. What do you mean by "doing nothing" on this forum?

By "doing nothing," I mean that I was spending too much time reading and browsing instead of actively participating and contributing to discussions and ideas.

3. Will you still be checking in on this forum from time to time?

Yes, I will still check in on this forum occasionally, but I need to prioritize my time and focus on my business.

4. Why did you feel the need to explain your absence from the forum?

I wanted to address the concern of those who were worried about me and also let others know why I may not be as active on the forum as before.

5. How do you feel about the help and idea exchange on this forum?

I love the help and idea exchange on this forum. I have grown to know many of the members and have gained valuable insights and tips for my business. However, I realized that I needed to limit my time on here in order to focus on making my business successful.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
milkangel
Replies
Views
kam
Replies
Views
tabnat80
  • Cat2000
  • General Chat