• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Intervention for My Wife's Business: A Husband's Perspective

In summary, Kristi's husband has changed her password and email for the CS forum, and is limiting her access. He hopes she will learn to manage her time better and work on the forum more effectively.
Kristina21
Greetings CS community, This is Kristi's husband.

I would like to start by saying that Kristi has gotten some good ideas and other information that is beneficial to her business, and we thank you all for that.

The problem is that she gets these "good ideas", and then does nothing with them because she is looking for more of them; and thus does nothing but sit here reading these forums, when she could be making calls or planning events.

It is because of this, that I have discussed with her an intervention. I have just changed her password and email for this forum, and will now be limiting/denying her access to them; for as helpful as they are, they are also proving to be a hindrance.

I hope in the future she will learn to manage her time a bit better and may have the abilities to work time on this forum into her schedule, without neglecting more important tasks.

With that said, I shall depart; and so shall she. Farewell for now.

Wow, that's got to be a first!!

Last edited:
Is this a joke?

Wow... :rolleyes:

Wow, OK DAD.
I won't complain that my dh is overbearing from now on.

I certainly hope this is not for REAL.

It sounds real to me. She must have agreed to it. How else would he get her password? Not sure why she didn't write that message herself, but who are we to judge.

Sounds like something my DH might need to do for me!! :)

Don't let my DH see this... He would do the same in a heartbeat!

my goodness...we joke about needing an intervention...this time someone's gone and done it!

I don't know whether to laugh or say "Okaaaay".
I do most of CS surfing while at my day job (yes, I know, another topic), so I am not on too much at home. I can see how one might feel this way........but WOW!!!

Woh! :eek: Not sure what to think of this one.....

I would like to add that this is not a joke, by any means. This is quite earnest. I have just installed FoxFilter, and will be adding this site exclusively to it's listing.

this is a new one one me..............not sure what to think~I would NEVER let DH actually post this if an intervention came down the pike for me!

Whatever.
You should be glad you aren't married to me.

chefsteph07 said:
Whatever.
You should be glad you aren't married to me.

I kind of feel ill, this makes chills go up my spine.

Sounds a bit controlling to me. Not too sure what to think.

JAE said:
It sounds real to me. She must have agreed to it. How else would he get her password? Not sure why she didn't write that message herself, but who are we to judge.

Well, if she's like me, you don't have to type in password everytime you log on. Maybe he just logged on and changed it and then told her she couldn't get on anymore?? I think that's a little overbearing!

Makes me glad I don't have a DH to fool with. Maybe she needed help in not being on here but it seems very cruel to post it publically! He could have come on or let her and said she was "taking a leave from here" and not be so embarassing!

A BIT CONTROLLING? Just a bit?

I would seriously be out for blood if my dh ever thought of doing this to me.

I checked her other threads, she's got other recruits and seems to work her business, sorry if it's not what DEAR HUSBAND has in mind for her.

My DH has his moments, but he would NEVER do something like this in a million years.

Kristina21 said:
I would like to add that this is not a joke, by any means. This is quite earnest. I have just installed FoxFilter, and will be adding this site exclusively to it's listing.

just a thought, but couldn't you and Kristi have just discussed this among the two of you and decided to intervene without involving all of us? My thought is that would have been the grown-up thing to do~now you have opened up a whole can of worms for you and Kristi....what happens when she can come back to CS? Do we mention waht an overbearing so & so we think you are? How will that affect her business?

It's slightly creepy, but he wants his wife to succeed. i don;t know how many times i have heard at conferences that these forums can be a hinderance if you arent taking any action and just sittin chattin all the time.
I think that perhaps it would have been better coming from her though.
My hubby wouldn't dare! LOL.

After reading post 12 I'd say her DH is a real A**hole! I'm sorry, my DH could suggest all he wants that I stay off of this site or any other for that matter, but let him TRY to change my passwords and get on the site and announce to everybody that he is taking over!! I hope for her sake she can stand up for herself and do what SHE thinks is right without him having to take over!

Veevahchef said:
It's slightly creepy, but he wants his wife to succeed. i don;t know how many times i have heard at conferences that these forums can be a hinderance if you arent taking any action and just sittin chattin all the time.
I think that perhaps it would have been better coming from her though.
My hubby wouldn't dare! LOL.

My hubby respects me way too much to do something so demeaning! Can't wait for him to come home so I can tell him how much I love him!!!

You know the next step is she will be out of PC altogether.

Kristina21 said:

Well alrighty then Mr. Kristy. We'll miss your wife and wish her success.

OK...it is more than just a bit controlling. Wonder what other things he controls. If anyone know her personally, please get in contact with her to make sure things are ok. He sounds like a royal donkey & I would hate for something more serious than PC to happen to her.

I guess my thoughts are that we are all adults and our actions should be held to our own accountability. For instance, I did not have any August shows, but the only person that is responsible for that is myself. There is nobody to blame, no excuses to be used. I have to hold myself accountable for that. If I was on this site to the point where I wasn't working my business, again, there is nobody to blame but myself. I guess there is a chance that he is trying to be "helpful" and is concerned about helping her succeed in her business, and this was just to let us all know why she wouldn't be on here anymore, but I still think it should be her decision.

chefsteph07 said:
You know the next step is she will be out of PC altogether.

Still worried and hope she is well. Very scary when somebody is so controlling and have gotten to the point were they are not worried what others will think. I have seen this so many times before.

Let's all pray and send good vibes to Kristina.

I just checked her status and he/she is still on and viewing this thread...

I agree that if she wasn't working her business, less CS might be beneficial, but it should be her decision and I really don't think it is his place to announce it to the whole site that he is stepping in and making her get off!! That's the part that really ticks me off! Big BULLY!

Fellow Cheffers, I was marrried to a controlling person. I don't want to stifle your comments. I will present for your consideration that the comments we're making might make it worse for the controllee. It fuels the "see I'm right in doing what I'm doing" attitude.

The person I was involved with did his best to drive wedges between me and everyone I loved. When my family or friends would comment, he would accuse them (to me) of being jealous or prejudiced. It has taken me years to regain the trust of my family and friends and trust for me in other people.

Sorry for the hijack.

I hope she's the one that had him do this for her..

Susan - as a person that's also been there - well said! Maybe we should stop this thread now.

The whole idea of an adult telling another adult what websites they can & can not go to is sad. I would never be married to someone who told me what I could & couldn't do. That is just another parent & they usually let go at 18yrs old.

Susan and Sarah are right and thank you to both of you for setting us Cheffers on the path to NOT POSTING ANYMORE ON HERE~it could be more detrimental to Kristina

susanr613 said:
Fellow Cheffers, I was marrried to a controlling person. I don't want to stifle your comments. I will present for your consideration that the comments we're making might make it worse for the controllee. It fuels the "see I'm right in doing what I'm doing" attitude.

The person I was involved with did his best to drive wedges between me and everyone I loved. When my family or friends would comment, he would accuse them (to me) of being jealous or prejudiced. It has taken me years to regain the trust of my family and friends and trust for me in other people.

Sorry for the hijack.

You are right, who knows what else he puts her through?
This is prob the tip of the iceberg.

rennea said:
My hubby respects me way too much to do something so demeaning! Can't wait for him to come home so I can tell him how much I love him!!!

I second that! Honey I love you!!! (just in case he's spying on me- which I'm sure he's not!)

Last edited:
Well if he is still on here viewing what is being written then maybe she needs to change his password and tell him to get to work. He isn't too productive if he is still here.
Sounds like he is wanting the computer all to himself so she can't figure out what sites he goes to.... hmmmm....

AdminGreg, any chance you can inactivate this thread so no one can post possible inflammatory comments? Some of us are concerned about the effect the comments will have on a member of the CS community.

Thank you

Wow.... and I mean WOW! I want to say so much more about Love and Respect and controlling issues but I will just leave it at WOW for now.

I checked and they're not online anymore.

This is unbelievable! Praying for her safety. I find this very distrubing.

Good then lets MOVE ON or hijack this thread for the positive!

What's the funniest thing that ever happened to you in your PC biz?

I started in November and did a show in January for a potential recruit. I had to bring 11-year old DS. He was the only kid and mostly hung out in a spare bedroom and played his gameboy. Curiosity and general hamminess got the better of him, so he ventured out to the crowd of ladies and asked to help. This was before the interactive show, so I was making a spread for the 30-min Chicken. DS asked to help; after the ladies said yes I had him shake some spices into the bowl. On the last shake he said BAM!!! Everyone laughed her head off, and yes the host did sign and is my one and only recruit.

waiting for yours, linda...... :)

susanr613 said:
AdminGreg, any chance you can inactivate this thread so no one can post possible inflammatory comments? Some of us are concerned about the effect the comments will have on a member of the CS community.

Thank you

If this is truly disturbing and you are worried then everyone should hit the "report post" (The little triangle outlined in red under avatar pictures) button on the initial message. Let Greg know your concerns and stop posting.

Please remember posting anything inflamitory could have very bad ramifications for Kristina.

Also if we stop posting it will drop off the "New posts" that many of us read first.

Last edited:
susanr613 said:
waiting for yours, linda...... :)

hmmm, I'll have to think a bit. I'm supposed to be doing my 3-2-1 right now - I need to replace a show I just lost

susanr613 said:
Good then lets MOVE ON or hijack this thread for the positive!

What's the funniest thing that ever happened to you in your PC biz?

I started in November and did a show in January for a potential recruit. I had to bring 11-year old DS. He was the only kid and mostly hung out in a spare bedroom and played his gameboy. Curiosity and general hamminess got the better of him, so he ventured out to the crowd of ladies and asked to help. This was before the interactive show, so I was making a spread for the 30-min Chicken. DS asked to help; after the ladies said yes I had him shake some spices into the bowl. On the last shake he said BAM!!! Everyone laughed her head off, and yes the host did sign and is my one and only recruit.

LOL! Great story! I can't wait until I can bring DD to my shows with me. She helped with my open house, setting things up and it was a lot of fun having her help out. She's my Little Pampered Chef (or Princess, I should say!! :p)

Now the funniest thing that ever happened....I need to think about that one!

pamperedlinda said:
Maybe they are invisible...

How do you become invsible?? Is it a cool spray?:D LOL

<h2>1. Can you tell us more about the intervention for your wife's business?</h2><p>Sure, my wife and I have discussed her excessive use of online forums for her business and have decided to limit her access in order to focus on more important tasks.</p><h2>2. What is the main issue with your wife's use of online forums?</h2><p>The main issue is that she spends too much time reading and gathering ideas, instead of taking action and implementing them for her business.</p><h2>3. How will you limit her access to online forums?</h2><p>I have changed her password and email for the forums and will be closely monitoring her use. She will only have access to them after completing important tasks for her business.</p><h2>4. Do you think this intervention will be effective?</h2><p>We are hopeful that this intervention will help my wife manage her time more efficiently and prioritize important tasks for her business.</p><h2>5. Will she still have access to online forums in the future?</h2><p>Yes, we believe online forums can be helpful for her business, but she needs to learn to balance her time and use them as a tool rather than a distraction.</p>

1. Can you tell us more about the intervention for your wife's business?

Sure, my wife and I have discussed her excessive use of online forums for her business and have decided to limit her access in order to focus on more important tasks.

2. What is the main issue with your wife's use of online forums?

The main issue is that she spends too much time reading and gathering ideas, instead of taking action and implementing them for her business.

3. How will you limit her access to online forums?

I have changed her password and email for the forums and will be closely monitoring her use. She will only have access to them after completing important tasks for her business.

4. Do you think this intervention will be effective?

We are hopeful that this intervention will help my wife manage her time more efficiently and prioritize important tasks for her business.

5. Will she still have access to online forums in the future?

Yes, we believe online forums can be helpful for her business, but she needs to learn to balance her time and use them as a tool rather than a distraction.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BeaLorene
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sk8rgrrl99
Replies
Views
Kathy's_Kitchen
Replies
Views
yummy4tummy