• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Intervention for My Wife's Business: A Husband's Perspective

In summary, Kristi's husband has changed her password and email for the CS forum, and is limiting her access. He hopes she will learn to manage her time better and work on the forum more effectively.
chefshawna said:
How do you become invsible?? Is it a cool spray?:D LOL

User CP
Edit Options

1. It needs to stay.
2. It needs to be locked.

susanr613 said:
Good then lets MOVE ON or hijack this thread for the positive!

What's the funniest thing that ever happened to you in your PC biz?

I started in November and did a show in January for a potential recruit. I had to bring 11-year old DS. He was the only kid and mostly hung out in a spare bedroom and played his gameboy. Curiosity and general hamminess got the better of him, so he ventured out to the crowd of ladies and asked to help. This was before the interactive show, so I was making a spread for the 30-min Chicken. DS asked to help; after the ladies said yes I had him shake some spices into the bowl. On the last shake he said BAM!!! Everyone laughed her head off, and yes the host did sign and is my one and only recruit.

I don't have a funny one but I have a cute one. :)

I had an open house to get started and my recruiter brought her DD (about 7 years old I think.) Her daughter was good as gold and sat coloring while we had our show. A few days later in the mail I got an adorable picture that her DD had drawn of my kitty Harvey. I have the picture on my fridge. :)

rennea said:
Still worried and hope she is well. Very scary when somebody is so controlling and have gotten to the point were they are not worried what others will think. I have seen this so many times before.

Let's all pray and send good vibes to Kristina.

I aagree with you. He is either an abusive control freak or he is just trying to stir up trouble. From the tone of the email, which should be a HUGE RED FLAG for all of us, it is probably the first.

its so much fun when the kids get involved. wasn't it wc fields who refused to work with animals or children? not me....having kids participate in the show is great!

I agree - I love to cook and bake with my nieces. They are 1 and 3. We make a mess and have to hose down them and the kitchen after but it's worth it.

Kristina21 said:
Greetings CS community, This is Kristi's husband.I would like to start by saying that Kristi has gotten some good ideas and other information that is beneficial to her business, and we thank you all for that.The problem is that she gets these "good ideas", and then does nothing with them because she is looking for more of them; and thus does nothing but sit here reading these forums, when she could be making calls or planning events.It is because of this, that I have discussed with her an intervention. I have just changed her password and email for this forum, and will now be limiting/denying her access to them; for as helpful as they are, they are also proving to be a hindrance.I hope in the future she will learn to manage her time a bit better and may have the abilities to work time on this forum into her schedule, without neglecting more important tasks.With that said, I shall depart; and so shall she. Farewell for now.
I am changing my post... I meant every word I said but I should not be adding fuel to the fire.

Last edited:
Oh good grief, now you're mentioning idvorce? That is over the top.

I cannot find "report post" anywhere? Help please. I think the whole thread should either be deleted or locked.

Thank u dear Lord for my great husband!

I just reported it - it's the little red triangle with the black line in it. Sorry, that was vague but it's under your avatar picture.

kspry said:
Oh good grief, now you're mentioning idvorce? That is over the top.
I am changing my post... I meant every word I said but I should not be adding fuel to the fire. After giving it thought it does not help the situation!

Last edited:
jrstephens said:
I cannot find "report post" anywhere? Help please. I think the whole thread should either be deleted or locked.

Thank u dear Lord for my great husband!

I agree, I can't find the report post either.

Greg, Lock and or Delete, for her safety. Even if this post was started with good intentions, it is way out of control.

cwinter474 said:
I agree, I can't find the report post either.

Greg, Lock and or Delete, for her safety. Even if this post was started with good intentions, it is way out of control.

Its the I in the red triangle under your avatar

:angel:

um Wow?? I just wanted to bump this because I can't wait to read more responses.

i did report the thread when paulette suggested it. oh greeeeggggg where are you? :)

yes, renea's news is wonderful and her post today on whats for dinner is a funny follow-up :)

aahh, people please don't bump it. Every time I read this title in the New Posts thread it sends shivers up my spine and a knot in my stomach. I think others are trying to steer us to check out other threads, so we'll all post there and let this one die and go to the bottom of the pile. Greg must not be on right now to remove this so please post another thread if you want to discuss other topics so this one can just go away.

I'm not saying this is what happened, but...I have been in situations where I needed someone to help me get out by being firm. I ASKED my friend/husband/whatever to take something away from me and keep me from it. There is a slight possibility this is what is happening.

If that be the case and yes sorry for bumping this again but then Kristi should have gotten on here and announced it herself. Isn't admitting one has a problem the first step???

I have to agree with Kate. In my opinion the guy was very polite and started my showing his/their aprecciation for CS, and what she has gained from being here, and only then stating that being here too much had become a hindrance. If he really was a "jerk" being overly controlling, why would he have done that?

I'll be the first to admit that often I spend/waste too much time here, and while it has helped me tremendously with my business, it has also taken time away from it, and also to a small extent, my family. My DH has said more than once, that if I spend too much time on here he will ask me point blank to stop coming. And I really don't think that is unreasonable. He is very supportive of my business, and also of the fact that it takes me away from him and the kids while doing shows (which leaves him the not always happy task of getting our 3 very young and strong-willed kids to bed by himself, which I admit I don't like doing myself!), but he is protective of the time we DO have together, and why should he not be? He works hard at work, and doesn't want to come home and find me at the computer all night! He understands that I have friends here, and doesn't mind me coming on for the social aspect, as long as it is within reason. He is supoortive of my business as long as I am actually doing my best to acheive goals with the time I spend on it.

And although some of you have talked about it being her responsibilty to stop coming, like Kate says, that is sometimes easier said than done, and sometimes we need a kick in the rear or someone to help us and be firm. And after all, the guy also said that they discussed it, so it doesn't sound to me as though he just came on, stole her password and forced it on her.

Now, I also understand the concern of abuse, but it just doesn't seem like that here to me. Yes, maybe she could have come on herself to explain, but maybe they just decided for him to do it. IMO, if he was really trying to control, he wouldn't have said anything to us - probably no-one would have noticed for a while if she had just disappeared... Actually, to me he sounds like he trying to help her do her best in her business. Maybe they're not doing it the way we'd choose to do it, but we're all different, right?

ANyway, of course I could be completely wrong (I hope not, for her sake), but I just wanted to give a different perspective.

You are all, of course, welcome to differ in your opinion.

I agree with Annie.... I didnt read it the same way most of you did.

susanr613 said:
i did report the thread when paulette suggested it. oh greeeeggggg where are you? :)yes, renea's news is wonderful and her post today on whats for dinner is a funny follow-up :)
I also e-mailed Greg back when I first posted. He may be out still for the day.Once again I believe:
1. It should stay for record.
2. It should be locked.I personally don't know how he meant it good or bad and can't judge without the facts, but either way we should move on.

Last edited:
thank you for offering a more optimistic perspective. now let's all take a deep breath and move on.

I don't think he meant this is a controlling way. She was sharing not knowing what to do, and he said, I'LL DO IT FOR YOU!

Okay, before I posted I asked my husband to read it without sharing with him what you guys said. He also thought it was very controlling and could've think of any way it could've been considered otherwise. I'm shocked, but I'm hoping it was a compromise that they made together.

It is possible that she knows what he did, and she's okay with it. We may be the ones blowing this way out of proportion. IMO, there are other, more mature ways to go about this for them, but I really don't think we should be judging w/o knowing.

I agree with you Jae; shocking as it is.

lacychef said:
I agree with you Jae; shocking as it is.
Shocking that you agree with me or shocking that this thread was started? Just wondering.

I really did not want to post because I want this to fall off the board but I wanted to say that the people who are expressing concern are (I'm sure) hoping it is nothing and something they decided together. We should not judge anyones actions no matter how they make us feel.
But... Also are hoping that maybee someone will act to do something positive just in case this is a bad situation. Many times we as a society do not want to see the bad. We just look away and do not think it is possible. I think in this situation anything is possible.

I agree this post needs to stay for the reccord but needs to be locked.

sk8rgrrl99 said:
I agree - I love to cook and bake with my nieces. They are 1 and 3. We make a mess and have to hose down them and the kitchen after but it's worth it.

I totally agree! People can't believe that I would let my DD get into such a mess!! I can't believe NOT letting her!! It's too much fun and we just clean up afterwards!

She once got into my big tub of flour when she was almost two, and instead of getting angry or annoyed, like some would, I went for my camera and got some great pics! I'll have to post them in my photo albums later! :)

I reported it to Greg as well. Just in case. I won't say anymore other than I hope there is no cause for worry.

Let me just tell you, if my husand did this to me, it would p' me off royally. I mean, I would never go in his email and change the password. That's treating your spouse as a child and not as your equal. I'm sure that he wouldn't want the same done to him. Way too controlling

<h2>1. Can you tell us more about the intervention for your wife's business?</h2><p>Sure, my wife and I have discussed her excessive use of online forums for her business and have decided to limit her access in order to focus on more important tasks.</p><h2>2. What is the main issue with your wife's use of online forums?</h2><p>The main issue is that she spends too much time reading and gathering ideas, instead of taking action and implementing them for her business.</p><h2>3. How will you limit her access to online forums?</h2><p>I have changed her password and email for the forums and will be closely monitoring her use. She will only have access to them after completing important tasks for her business.</p><h2>4. Do you think this intervention will be effective?</h2><p>We are hopeful that this intervention will help my wife manage her time more efficiently and prioritize important tasks for her business.</p><h2>5. Will she still have access to online forums in the future?</h2><p>Yes, we believe online forums can be helpful for her business, but she needs to learn to balance her time and use them as a tool rather than a distraction.</p>

1. Can you tell us more about the intervention for your wife's business?

Sure, my wife and I have discussed her excessive use of online forums for her business and have decided to limit her access in order to focus on more important tasks.

2. What is the main issue with your wife's use of online forums?

The main issue is that she spends too much time reading and gathering ideas, instead of taking action and implementing them for her business.

3. How will you limit her access to online forums?

I have changed her password and email for the forums and will be closely monitoring her use. She will only have access to them after completing important tasks for her business.

4. Do you think this intervention will be effective?

We are hopeful that this intervention will help my wife manage her time more efficiently and prioritize important tasks for her business.

5. Will she still have access to online forums in the future?

Yes, we believe online forums can be helpful for her business, but she needs to learn to balance her time and use them as a tool rather than a distraction.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BeaLorene
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sk8rgrrl99
Replies
Views
Kathy's_Kitchen
Replies
Views
yummy4tummy