• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Isn't My Sister's Business Website Showing Up?

In summary, Sarah's brother set up her sister's website but she is having trouble bringing it up. Sarah thinks her sister's address might be flagged as a spammer because of the email she used to set up the website.
BeaLorene
Okay, so for a little side job I was asked to set up my sister's business website (not the PC site) for her and now she is having difficulty bringing it up using her web addy. Actually, it will pop up for her and me, but not her husband!? :( It seems that when he 'googles' the business name it pops up on the top of the results list, but he cannot get it to appear if he searches using the full www. (business name) .com addy. Does anyone have any ideas on why this is happening? I used Yahoo to set it up for them over six weeks ago and know that it takes sometime for some search engines to 'find' their site, but I would think that it should pop up when using the full addy.

Please help. I would love to get paid for my work and I guess I won't unless it will appear...:eek:

Did I say that this is the first website that I have done...:rolleyes: It makes me appreciate the ease of our own PWS. :chef: TIA!

I have no idea.... you are speaking a whole other language here...

I'll bump you back to the top ......

It probably has something to do with the address being identified as a purveyor of spam.I had the same problem with jrmanning.com a couple of months ago and it turned out that AT&T had the site marked as a spammer. It took about a week and a lot of fighting with AT&T to clear it up, but it works now.Check with hooya to make sure they don't have the address recorded as a spam provider.

It could have something to do with the DNS settings for the website - that's the server that translates the IP address into the web address. So it's makes something like 200.195.20.45 (computer language) into www . ibm . com (people language).

Thank you all for the tips! :angel:I'm heading out the door here for the afternoon and will give your ideas a run through when I get back. So far this morning I have been able to get the site to load up using the full addy on Google and my address bar, but it still won't come up on Ask.com. I'm thinking that my bil is using the Ask.com search engine. They hate computers already and are running out of patience, so I'm thinking that I will probably need to head over to their house to do some 'searching' on my own.:cool:

Sarah...I'm a certified Crazy Cat Lady too. :) Actually, my favorite cat, Figgy, is in love with my laptop, and with him being a 'laptop' kitty himself, it's a bit difficult to type when he snuggles up to my 'puter...such as right now. I think he loves the 'purr' of the laptop. :)

If you're trying to get it to appear via a web search, that is going to return different results than if you are typing the url into the browser. That's going to depend on the different search engines and their search parameters and how they rank the results returned.

Google or Wiki search "SEO" or "search engine optimization" for more information.

BeaLorene said:
Thank you all for the tips! :angel:I'm heading out the door here for the afternoon and will give your ideas a run through when I get back. So far this morning I have been able to get the site to load up using the full addy on Google and my address bar, but it still won't come up on Ask.com. I'm thinking that my bil is using the Ask.com search engine. They hate computers already and are running out of patience, so I'm thinking that I will probably need to head over to their house to do some 'searching' on my own.:cool:

Sarah...I'm a certified Crazy Cat Lady too. :) Actually, my favorite cat, Figgy, is in love with my laptop, and with him being a 'laptop' kitty himself, it's a bit difficult to type when he snuggles up to my 'puter...such as right now. I think he loves the 'purr' of the laptop. :)

My avatar picture is my kitty Harvey who is 19.5 pounds! Not fat, just a HUGE kitty - when he tries to get on my laptop, I just shut the lid and let him on my lap. I'm not sure my laptop could withstand 19.5 pounds on it. I could just hear that tech support call "um, my cat stood on my laptop and now the keyboard is dented." I doubt the warranty covers that!

What is "Calling All Web Techies...."?

"Calling All Web Techies...." is a program offered by Pampered Chef for individuals who have web development and design experience and are interested in joining our team as independent consultants.

How can I apply for "Calling All Web Techies...."?

To apply for "Calling All Web Techies....", you can visit our website and fill out an application form. You will need to provide information about your web development and design experience, as well as your contact information.

What are the requirements to join "Calling All Web Techies...."?

The main requirement to join "Calling All Web Techies...." is to have experience and skills in web development and design. We also look for individuals who are self-motivated, have strong communication skills, and are able to work independently.

What are the benefits of joining "Calling All Web Techies...."?

As a member of "Calling All Web Techies....", you will have the opportunity to earn commissions on sales, receive training and support from Pampered Chef, and have access to exclusive web design and marketing tools. You will also have the flexibility to work from home and create your own schedule.

Can I join "Calling All Web Techies...." if I don't have any web development experience?

Unfortunately, we require all members of "Calling All Web Techies...." to have prior experience and skills in web development and design. However, we do offer other opportunities for individuals who are interested in joining Pampered Chef but do not have web tech experience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Kathytnt
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
wadesgirl