• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did You Survive Halloween 2020?

lonely... rolos that never were... more than just that, went to school with me today... and got tossed as prizes for the kids who guessed correctly at the pictionary/charades game... and now the rest will probably be eaten by me... LOL... the kids made out well enough so they don't need it.
Denarella
Happy Halloweenie, Everyone! I'm in, my son's exhausted and in bed and my puppies are SCREAMING! I hope you all gave away your candy and your pillow cases were full. One year closer to hearing "Mom! Im too old for trick-or-treating!" Pass the wine coolers! Clink click!:sing: :D :balloon:

CLINK! I'm relieved, too, Dena - and I didn't even walk the kids around the neighborhood (DH did)! Hope you get a good night's sleep after that wine cooler! Now we just need to get through the rest of the holiday season! ;)

cathyskitchen said:
CLINK! I'm relieved, too, Dena - and I didn't even walk the kids around the neighborhood (DH did)! Hope you get a good night's sleep after that wine cooler! Now we just need to get through the rest of the holiday season! ;)

I'm having the 'virtual' wine cooler tonight....none in the frige....its all good...bite size Snickers did the trick! I cant even THINK holiday shopping....

Denarella said:
I'm having the 'virtual' wine cooler tonight....none in the frige....its all good...bite size Snickers did the trick! I cant even THINK holiday shopping....

Aww, bummer. You're going to be jealous of me, then - I had a Malibu Bay Breeze - yum! :)

Yup! The tip of the iceberg, so to speak... the malls will soon cue the Christmas music and decorations. I thought, perhaps, that DS might think he was too old for trick or treating this year (hence the 'going as myself' choice in a costume) but so long as there's 1/2lb chocolate bars in it for him (my mom's neighbor is FAR too generous... really. LOL) he'll be up for it... well, until the neighbor boys get to him and find something else to do... oh, I think I'd rather worry about costumes than worry about gaggles of teenboys running amok. LOL... I still have candy.. no one showed up.. anyone want a Snickers bar or Rolos?

lkprescott said:
Yup! The tip of the iceberg, so to speak... the malls will soon cue the Christmas music and decorations.

I thought, perhaps, that DS might think he was too old for trick or treating this year (hence the 'going as myself' choice in a costume) but so long as there's 1/2lb chocolate bars in it for him (my mom's neighbor is FAR too generous... really. LOL) he'll be up for it... well, until the neighbor boys get to him and find something else to do... oh, I think I'd rather worry about costumes than worry about gaggles of teenboys running amok. LOL...

I still have candy.. no one showed up.. anyone want a Snickers bar or Rolos?

Left over from the Brownie recipes? LOL!;)

I already saw Christmas decorations in a store last week - GASP! :eek:

Yes, I agree lkprescott - I would much rather worry about the costumes for 8 and 5 yo kids than what my boys will be doing when they're teenagers!!!

I had 5 bags of candy, and gave out 4 of them. I'll take the rest (and the candy that the kids can't have like chewy candy) to work tomorrow and let the vultures there devour it! ;)

cathyskitchen said:
I already saw Christmas decorations in a store last week - GASP! :eek:

Yes, I agree lkprescott - I would much rather worry about the costumes for 8 and 5 yo kids than what my boys will be doing when they're teenagers!!!

I had 5 bags of candy, and gave out 4 of them. I'll take the rest (and the candy that the kids can't have like chewy candy) to work tomorrow and let the vultures there devour it! ;)

LOL! Sounds like my job....free food on your desk and its like feeding the seagulls....

Denarella said:
Left over from the Brownie recipes? LOL!;)

Sadly, they never got made into the brownies. I was going to make those brownies last night when we had folks over... but we ended up with only 5 of us for dinner rather than the anticipated 10... so I ended up needing only one dessert and well, the pumpkin pie was already made from earlier in the day.

So these poor sad lonely rolos that never were more than just that, went to school with me today... and got tossed as prizes for the kids who guessed correctly at the pictionary/charades game... and now the rest will probably be eaten by me... LOL... the kids made out well enough so they don't need it.

lkprescott said:
Sadly, they never got made into the brownies. I was going to make those brownies last night when we had folks over... but we ended up with only 5 of us for dinner rather than the anticipated 10... so I ended up needing only one dessert and well, the pumpkin pie was already made from earlier in the day.

So these poor sad lonely rolos that never were more than just that, went to school with me today... and got tossed as prizes for the kids who guessed correctly at the pictionary/charades game... and now the rest will probably be eaten by me... LOL... the kids made out well enough so they don't need it.

That's right! WEEEEEEEE need them!!!:angel:

Remember when we were kids, and there was always one house we didn't go to? The one where the weird old guy lived that ate children or something?Well, in my neighborhood, I'm that guy.I've lived here 20 years and my record is intact - I have never had one trick-or-treater come to my door.(I don't suppose the headstone in my back yard helps any.)So here's to the kids in my neighborhood:
scarecrow-moon.jpg

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Remember when we were kids, and there was always one house we didn't go to? The one where the weird old guy lived that ate children or something?

Well, in my neighborhood, I'm that guy.

I've lived here 20 years and my record is intact - I have never had one trick-or-treater come to my door.

(I don't suppose the headstone in my back yard helps any.)

So here's to the kids in my neighborhood:

scarecrow-moon.jpg

Did you bother turning on your light????

We had a slow night here. I bought 2 bags of candy and have a 1/2 bag left. My kiddos came with more than enough candy. Espcecially considering I had to through away their candy from last year just so they can trick or treat tonight. LOL our trash can is 1/2 full of old candy!!

Oh well, they like the experience even though we never let them eat the candy.

We had several kids come to our door one block up from us people drive and park thier cars to go to that neighborhood its crazy.

Our Walmart has had Christmas decorations for sale since the beging of Oct

We are in a new neiborhood this year. I bought two giant bags of candy. We only had about 20 kids compared to my 200 last year in my other neighborhood. I took the time to print tags for all my smarties this year too. Darn. But, heh just one call would make my day. Lots of candy left over.

WOO HOO 90 bags of candy gone!!!YEAH, I was able to pass out 90 goody bags tonight! That's 90 bible tracts, business cards and my fill in the blank scripture sheets for future goodies when completed. We have lots of kids in the neighborhood! I thought I was never going to finish my dinner and finish the movie my husband got for us to watch tonight!!!

It was great. I only made 75 bags thinking it was plenty but nope, I had to make 15 more before the night was over.

My neighbors insisted I give them some of my caramel corn and rice krispy treats I made tonight!! And they got to see Daniel who is 3 months and wearing 6-9 months clothes. He's huge. He's a nursing piggy!! LOL

Debbie :D

Yummy
lkprescott said:
Yup! The tip of the iceberg, so to speak... the malls will soon cue the Christmas music and decorations.

I thought, perhaps, that DS might think he was too old for trick or treating this year (hence the 'going as myself' choice in a costume) but so long as there's 1/2lb chocolate bars in it for him (my mom's neighbor is FAR too generous... really. LOL) he'll be up for it... well, until the neighbor boys get to him and find something else to do... oh, I think I'd rather worry about costumes than worry about gaggles of teenboys running amok. LOL...

I still have candy.. no one showed up.. anyone want a Snickers bar or Rolos?

SNICKERS!! SNICKERS!! SNICKERS!! Although my favorite is Twix but I love chocolate and nuts!!

I saw Christmas decorations at our neighborhood Walmart at the beginning of October!!! That's crazy! Seeing stockings, christmas lights and ornaments at one end and halloween stuff on the other end! LOL

Debbie :D

We went over to some friends' house and my two younger kids went trick-or-treating with a mob of about 10 or 12 other kids. My 7 year old was the youngest one - the rest being anywhere from 12 to 16 - so he got used as the 'cute' factor...they sent him first to all the doors. LOL. the parents sat at the house and chatted and drank vampires (supposed to be cranberry juice, chambord and vodka, but they were out of cranberry juice so we used sparkling pomegranite juice and it was AMAZING with that!) When the kids returned, we ordered pizza. Then we drove home and my kids and I TRIED to sit up and watch the all-night live episode of Ghost Hunters but we were all exhausted and fell asleep before the first hour was up. Thank goodness for DVRs!

I think I will join KG next year- 95% of the kids who came to our door were over the age of 13. Most did not even bother dressing up, and none of them even said Trick or Treat !!!!! It was not a fun evening.

A headstone in the backyard might help.

That or move to the middle of nowhere to a home with a 1/4 mile, nearly vertical driveway. I was asleep by 9:05 p.m. (I had been up past midnight the night before. I slept in until 5:30, but that still isn't much sleep. I was one tired momma!)

That's what I did 20 years ago. I was surrounded by cornfield. Now they're planting houses and it's a bumper crop.The real estate hustler advertised his subdivision as "Come to the country" and built a subdivision with curbs, gutters and underground utilities. Yup - that's country alright, sort of like that classic Country singer, Eminem.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
That's what I did 20 years ago. I was surrounded by cornfield. Now they're planting houses and it's a bumper crop.

The real estate hustler advertised his subdivision as "Come to the country" and built a subdivision with curbs, gutters and underground utilities. Yup - that's country alright, sort of like that classic Country singer, Eminem.

Ahh.. the new suburbs, where they take down trees and name the streets after them.

"Take paradise and put up a parking lot."
--Joni Mitchell​
(One of the few things on which I agree with Joni Mitchell.)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
"Take paradise and put up a parking lot."
--Joni Mitchell​

(One of the few things on which I agree with Joni Mitchell.)

LOL...showing my age here...who's Joni Mitchell? :angel:

The song was called Big Yellow Taxi and it was released in 1970 and was most recently covered by Counting Crows.She is a rather prolific songwriter, probably her most famous was "Clouds." She's also an accomplished painter.http://jonimitchell.com/images/pic09.jpg

Last edited:
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
The song was called Big Yellow Taxi and it was released in 1970 and was most recently covered by Counting Crows.

She is a rather prolific songwriter, probably her most famous was "Clouds." She's also a painter.

Kind of like a Janis Joplin but a little more "sober"?

If I had to choose between them, I'd pass on both. But I think Mitchell is the better talent of the two.She annoyed Al Kapp so much that he created a character in his L'il Abner comic strip named Joni Phony. (I'm not sure he was aiming at Joni Mitchell as much as he was shooting at all the protest song writers & singers, in general.)

Ha... voice like a nightingale.. now I'll show MY age by proclaiming my fav Joni Mitchell song was Help MeHelp me I think I'm falling
in love again
When I get that crazy feeling
I know I'm in trouble again
I'm in trouble
'cause you're a rambler and a gambler
and a sweet-talking ladies man
And you love your lovin'
But not like you love your freedomHelp me I think I'm falling in love
too fast
It's got me hoping for the future
and worrying about the past
'cause I've seen some hot hot blazes
come down to smoke and ash
We love our lovin'
But not like we love our freedomDidn't it feel good
we were sitting there talking
or lying there not talking
Didn't it feel good
You dance with the lady with the hole in her stocking
didn't it feel good
didn't it feel goodHelp me I think I'm falling in love
with you
Are you going to let me go there by myself
That's such a lonely thing to do
Both of us flirting around
Flirting and flirting
Hurting too
We love our lovin'
But not like we love our freedom

Amy Grant did a version of "Paradise" several years ago, too.

raebates said:
Amy Grant did a version of "Paradise" several years ago, too.

Now Amy Grant I know....lol

Here's a list of 138 songs, written by Joni Mitchell, covered by other musicians in declining order of the number of times a song was recorded. (I mis-identified Both Sides Now as Clouds in a previous post - a common error. Just as Paradise or Take Paradise and Put Up A Parking Lot is often used as the name of Big Yellow Taxi. 1) Both Sides Now (548 times)
2) Big Yellow Taxi (200)
3) Woodstock (161)
4) River (134)
5) The Circle Game (132)
6) A Case Of You (107)
7) Chelsea Morning (78)
8) Urge For Going (56)
9) All I Want (54)
10) Carey (47) 11) Twisted (47)
12) For Free (35)
13) The Dry Cleaner From Des Moines (35)
14) Help Me (34)
15) This Flight Tonight (30)
16) (You're So Square) Baby, I Don't Care (26)
17) Blue (26)
18) Free Man In Paris (26)
19) You Turn Me On (I'm A Radio) (25)
20) Amelia (23) 21) Goodbye Pork Pie Hat (23)
22) Black Crow (21)
23) I Don't Know Where I Stand (21)
24) Michael From Mountains (21)
25) Night In The City (20)
26) Night Ride Home (18)
27) Edith And The Kingpin (14)
28) Rainy Night House (14)
29) Little Green (13)
30) Raised On Robbery (13) 31) Be Cool (12)
32) I Had A King (12)
33) Morning Morgantown (12)
34) Blue Motel Room (11)
35) Conversation (11)
36) People's Parties (11)
37) Marcie (10)
38) Song To A Seagull (10)
39) The Fiddle And The Drum (10)
40) Cactus Tree (9) 41) California (9)
42) That Song About The Midway (9)
43) Hejira (8)
44) How Do You Stop (7)
45) The Last Time I Saw Richard (7)
46) Chinese Cafe (6)
47) Court And Spark (6)
48) Coyote (6)
49) In France They Kiss On Main Street (6)
50) Man From Mars (6) 51) Moon At The Window (6)
52) Songs To Aging Children Come (6)
53) Sunny Sunday (6)
54) Dreamland (5)
55) For The Roses (5)
56) God Must Be A Boogie Man (5)
57) Roses Blue (5)
58) Sweet Sucker Dance (5)
59) The Dawntreader (5)
60) The Gallery (5) 61) Two Grey Rooms (5)
62) Barangrill (4)
63) Down To You (4)
64) Harlem In Havana (4)
65) Jericho (4)
66) Sex Kills (4)
67) Shadows and Light (4)
68) Song For Sharon (4)
69) The Hissing Of Summer Lawns (4)
70) The Magdalene Laundries (4) 71) Tin Angel (4)
72) Willy (4)
73) Yvette In English (4)
74) A Chair In The Sky (3)
75) Blonde In The Bleachers (3)
76) Carnival In Kenora (3)
77) Cherokee Louise (3)
78) Cold Blue Steel And Sweet Fire (3)
79) Furry Sings The Blues (3)
80) Harry's House (3) 81) I Think I Understand (3)
82) Ladies Man (3)
83) Ladies Of The Canyon (3)
84) My Old Man (3)
85) Nathan La Franeer (3)
86) Passion Play (3)
87) Refuge Of The Roads (3)
88) Same Situation (3)
89) Shades Of Scarlett Conquering (3)
90) Sweet Bird (3) 91) The Beat of Black Wings (3)
92) The Jungle Line (3)
93) The Priest (3)
94) The Silky Veils of Ardor (3)
95) Trouble Child (3)
96) Woman Of Heart And Mind (3)
97) You Dream Flat Tires (3)
98) Banquet (2)
99) Eastern Rain (2)
100) Last Chance Lost (2) 101) Love (2)
102) Ray's Dad's Cadillac (2)
103) Solid Love (2)
104) The Crazy Cries Of Love (2)
105) The Tea Leaf Prophecy (Lay Down Your Arms) (2)
106) Winter Lady (2)
107) A Bird That Whistles (1)
108) A Melody In Your Name (1)
109) A Strange Boy (1)
110) Blue Boy (1) 111) Boho Dance (1)
112) Born To Take the Highway (1)
113) Car On A Hill (1)
114) Come To The Sunshine (1)
115) Cotton Avenue (1)
116) Don Juan's Reckless Daughter (1)
117) Don't Interrupt The Sorrow (1)
118) Dr. Junk (1)
119) Ethiopia (1)
120) Favorite Colour (1) 121) Impossible Dreamer (1)
122) Just Couldn't Help Myself (1)
123) Just Like This Train (1)
124) Lakota (1)
125) Let The Wind Carry Me (1)
126) Love Or Money (1)
127) Man To Man (1)
128) Midnight Cowboy (1)
129) Off Night Backstreet (1)
130) See You Sometime (1) 131) Sisotowbell Lane (1)
132) Slouching Towards Bethlehem (1)
133) Stay In Touch (1)
134) Talk To Me (1)
135) Taming The Tiger (1)
136) The Arrangement (1)
137) The Way It Is (1)
138) Turbulent Indigo (1)

Good golly! That is INSANE!:eek:

She's a slacker compared to Willie Nelson. He's written over 2,500 songs. In fact, one of the most well known, all-time classic C&W songs recorded was Patsy Cline's Crazy. Crazy was written by Willie Nelson.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
She's a slacker compared to Willie Nelson. He's written over 2,500 songs. In fact, one of the most well known, all-time classic C&W songs recorded was Patsy Cline's Crazy.

Crazy was written by Willie Nelson.

I had NO idea....everyone just associates that song with Pasty Cline....amazing.....

(Another thread successfully hijacked and chefann isn't anywhere in the neighborhood.Yet.)

she's like a shark in water...cant you hear the "Jaws" theme playing softly?;)

Stevie Nicks is the same way. She's an incredibly prolific songwriter.

mrssyvo said:
I think I will join KG next year- 95% of the kids who came to our door were over the age of 13. Most did not even bother dressing up, and none of them even said Trick or Treat !!!!! It was not a fun evening.
We had a lot of teens and even a lot of the little ones didn't say anything. I wouldn't give them the candy until they talked to me. I said "what do you say" and several little ones said "thank you" or "please" - so cute.

As far as the teens - I had one group come through (maybe 8 at once) and as they filed past one girl said "I got one piece of candy, I feel so special". My response was "sorry, I'm running out" but later I thought I should have said "Well, give it back then so I can give it to a child who wants it and is young enough to be trick or treating". ...But then they would probably have egged my house.

I've been trying to find a list of her songs and can't. I've found a list of the songs she recorded but she didn't write all of those. The listing of songs I found that she did write aren't exactly the kinds of tunes you'd whistle on your way to work.

Though I love to see all the kids in their little costumes...I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad it's over! I had over 150 kids last night! And I give out FULL-SIZE candy bars! Yeah, expensive, but the looks of their tiny faces is PRICELESS!

Mine you...those over-grown kids that come by ~ they ONLY get a full size, if they are IN costume, say trick or treat and not pushy! Otherwise they get a few Smarties! Because they NEED it if they're not!

ANDDDDDDDDD, the neighboorhood kids (about 25 of them) get a special treat BAG!

My kids are 16 and 22...I'm a sucker for little costumes! You should have seen the COOLEST dragon last night...when I asked him (about 3 yrs) if he could "arghhh" like a dragon...he did...he got 2 full-size candy bars!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I've been trying to find a list of her songs and can't. I've found a list of the songs she recorded but she didn't write all of those. The listing of songs I found that she did write aren't exactly the kinds of tunes you'd whistle on your way to work.

I got The Furry Guy a cd of the best of Stevie Nicks. In the liner notes they have several of the songs she wrote or co-wrote. They also did a story on her on CBS Sunday Morning. Willie's got her beat, but she's written a lot, some of them surprised me. If I weren't so lazy, I'd get out the cd and list a few.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Here's a list of 138 songs, written by Joni Mitchell, covered by other musicians in declining order of the number of times a song was recorded. (I mis-identified Both Sides Now as Clouds in a previous post - a common error. Just as Paradise or Take Paradise and Put Up A Parking Lot is often used as the name of Big Yellow Taxi.

1) Both Sides Now (548 times)
2) Big Yellow Taxi (200)
3) Woodstock (161)
4) River (134)
5) The Circle Game (132)
6) A Case Of You (107)
7) Chelsea Morning (78)
8) Urge For Going (56)
9) All I Want (54)
10) Carey (47)

11) Twisted (47)
12) For Free (35)
13) The Dry Cleaner From Des Moines (35)
14) Help Me (34)
15) This Flight Tonight (30)
16) (You're So Square) Baby, I Don't Care (26)
17) Blue (26)
18) Free Man In Paris (26)
19) You Turn Me On (I'm A Radio) (25)
20) Amelia (23)

21) Goodbye Pork Pie Hat (23)
22) Black Crow (21)
23) I Don't Know Where I Stand (21)
24) Michael From Mountains (21)
25) Night In The City (20)
26) Night Ride Home (18)
27) Edith And The Kingpin (14)
28) Rainy Night House (14)
29) Little Green (13)
30) Raised On Robbery (13)

31) Be Cool (12)
32) I Had A King (12)
33) Morning Morgantown (12)
34) Blue Motel Room (11)
35) Conversation (11)
36) People's Parties (11)
37) Marcie (10)
38) Song To A Seagull (10)
39) The Fiddle And The Drum (10)
40) Cactus Tree (9)

41) California (9)
42) That Song About The Midway (9)
43) Hejira (8)
44) How Do You Stop (7)
45) The Last Time I Saw Richard (7)
46) Chinese Cafe (6)
47) Court And Spark (6)
48) Coyote (6)
49) In France They Kiss On Main Street (6)
50) Man From Mars (6)

51) Moon At The Window (6)
52) Songs To Aging Children Come (6)
53) Sunny Sunday (6)
54) Dreamland (5)
55) For The Roses (5)
56) God Must Be A Boogie Man (5)
57) Roses Blue (5)
58) Sweet Sucker Dance (5)
59) The Dawntreader (5)
60) The Gallery (5)

61) Two Grey Rooms (5)
62) Barangrill (4)
63) Down To You (4)
64) Harlem In Havana (4)
65) Jericho (4)
66) Sex Kills (4)
67) Shadows and Light (4)
68) Song For Sharon (4)
69) The Hissing Of Summer Lawns (4)
70) The Magdalene Laundries (4)

71) Tin Angel (4)
72) Willy (4)
73) Yvette In English (4)
74) A Chair In The Sky (3)
75) Blonde In The Bleachers (3)
76) Carnival In Kenora (3)
77) Cherokee Louise (3)
78) Cold Blue Steel And Sweet Fire (3)
79) Furry Sings The Blues (3)
80) Harry's House (3)

81) I Think I Understand (3)
82) Ladies Man (3)
83) Ladies Of The Canyon (3)
84) My Old Man (3)
85) Nathan La Franeer (3)
86) Passion Play (3)
87) Refuge Of The Roads (3)
88) Same Situation (3)
89) Shades Of Scarlett Conquering (3)
90) Sweet Bird (3)

91) The Beat of Black Wings (3)
92) The Jungle Line (3)
93) The Priest (3)
94) The Silky Veils of Ardor (3)
95) Trouble Child (3)
96) Woman Of Heart And Mind (3)
97) You Dream Flat Tires (3)
98) Banquet (2)
99) Eastern Rain (2)
100) Last Chance Lost (2)

101) Love (2)
102) Ray's Dad's Cadillac (2)
103) Solid Love (2)
104) The Crazy Cries Of Love (2)
105) The Tea Leaf Prophecy (Lay Down Your Arms) (2)
106) Winter Lady (2)
107) A Bird That Whistles (1)
108) A Melody In Your Name (1)
109) A Strange Boy (1)
110) Blue Boy (1)

111) Boho Dance (1)
112) Born To Take the Highway (1)
113) Car On A Hill (1)
114) Come To The Sunshine (1)
115) Cotton Avenue (1)
116) Don Juan's Reckless Daughter (1)
117) Don't Interrupt The Sorrow (1)
118) Dr. Junk (1)
119) Ethiopia (1)
120) Favorite Colour (1)

121) Impossible Dreamer (1)
122) Just Couldn't Help Myself (1)
123) Just Like This Train (1)
124) Lakota (1)
125) Let The Wind Carry Me (1)
126) Love Or Money (1)
127) Man To Man (1)
128) Midnight Cowboy (1)
129) Off Night Backstreet (1)
130) See You Sometime (1)

131) Sisotowbell Lane (1)
132) Slouching Towards Bethlehem (1)
133) Stay In Touch (1)
134) Talk To Me (1)
135) Taming The Tiger (1)
136) The Arrangement (1)
137) The Way It Is (1)
138) Turbulent Indigo (1)

TKG.. this proves only that you have WAY too much time on your hands. ;)

Nah, I'm just a veritable walking compendium of useless information.Not to mention, google is your friend. ;)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Nah, I'm just a veritable walking compendium of useless information.

Not to mention, google is your friend. ;)

TKG....out of sheer curiosity, who is your favorite actor and performer?

Oooooohhh, that's a tough one. I can't narrow it down to just one!All time? Lead, probably Humphrey Bogart and/or Jimmy Stewart. Cary Grant would have to be right up there. Gable was great in Gone With The Wind but I was never really that impressed with him in much else. John Wayne wasn't that good of an actor but he sure is fun to watch! Lee Marvin had some great roles. Tom Hanks is extremely talented. Gary Sinise is an up and comer. Clint Eastwood is so bad that he's good. James Cagney had some brilliant roles, I think his most memorable (for me, anyway) was the ignorant and prejudiced Captain in Mr. Roberts. Actress - that's easy - Audrey Hepburn is my favorite, and right up there on my list would be Katherine Hepburn, Barbara Stanwick and Kathleen Turner. (I believe we'll be seeing more of Emma Watson in the future, if she isn't typecast in her Hermione Granger role.)I think we'd need a special category for Jack Lemmon and Walter Matthau. (Ever seen Charade? It's the best Hitch**** movie that Hitch didn't make.)Best all-time bad guys - Jack Palance and Eli Walach. Character actors - James Whitmore, Ward Bond, Wilford Brimley, Sidney Greenstreet, Peter Lorre and one of my very favorites was S.Z. Sakall, aka "Cuddles."Best voice - bar none - James Earl Jones.[Darth Vadar] Luke, Luke Skywalker, I know what you're getting for Christmas.[Luke Skywalker] How?[Darth Vadar] I felt your presents.

What do you mean by "Did You Survive Halloween 2020?"

"Did You Survive Halloween 2020?" is a playful way of asking if you had a successful and enjoyable Halloween experience.

Why do you say "Happy Halloweenie, Everyone!"

"Happy Halloweenie" is a playful and festive greeting commonly used during the Halloween season.

How was your Halloween night?

My Halloween night was busy and chaotic, but also filled with lots of fun and laughter as I took my son trick-or-treating and celebrated with my puppies.

What do you mean by "One year closer to hearing 'Mom! Im too old for trick-or-treating!'"

This phrase is a reminder that time flies and our children grow up quickly. It's a humorous way of acknowledging that one day our kids will be too old for trick-or-treating and we should cherish these moments while they last.

What's your go-to drink on Halloween night?

I like to unwind with a wine cooler after a busy Halloween night. It's the perfect way to relax and celebrate a successful evening of trick-or-treating.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mylilchunkymonkey
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
mylilchunkymonkey
  • lacychef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
Back