• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

It's Like Re-Gifting.you Send Your Kids Out Trick-Or-Treating, and

Re: Re-treatIn summary, the conversation is about the concept of "re-treating," which is when someone gives away their leftover Halloween candy or reuses last year's candy to hand out to trick-or-treaters. Some people have certain guidelines for what candy they will or will not re-treat, while others simply use it as a way to get rid of unwanted candy. The conversation also includes some off-topic discussions about McDonald's Halloween coupons and the idea of "we-treating" when someone gets a new pet.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
It's like re-gifting.

You send your kids out trick-or-treating, and when you run out of candy at the door, you hand out your kids' candy.

That's a re-treat.

:D

Re: Re-treatThe important thing to remember when re-treating is to only re-treat the candy that you or your child doesn't like.

You re-treat those little peanut butter taffy things wrapped in orange or black paper, and the black licorice :yuck:

You don't re-treat the Reeses Peanut Butter Cups or the Snickers Bars.

Re: Re-treatI'm with you Becky - those orange/black things should be banned!
I went trick-or-treating as a child but our kids go to a Harvest Party and dress up. I've given them the choice and so far DD prefers that. She decided she doesn't like Halloween so I will not push her to celebrate something I really don't care for myself.

Re: Re-treatOn a side note, McD's has their Halloween coupons out...they are nice this year...$2.00 for 12 but they are apple dippers, a milk, or an ice cream cone.

Re: Re-treatI have stocked up on these-my DS thinks that McD's and BK's apples. Are the best thing in the world. But without a happy meal they are $1.59 each and at BK with a kids meal you have to pay $.59 extra!!! :eek:
And of course apples that I cut at home just aren't the same. He eats them from home though. And out of a mediium apple I can get 2-3x the amount you get at BK. I think its a rip off. But better for you than the fries.
End of hijack!
:eek:

janetupnorth said:
On a side note, McD's has their Halloween coupons out...they are nice this year...$2.00 for 12 but they are apple dippers, a milk, or an ice cream cone.

Re: Re-treatsend the black licorice my way - love it!

Re: Re-treatOh wow! i didn't even know they did that. What a great idea

janetupnorth said:
On a side note, McD's has their Halloween coupons out...they are nice this year...$2.00 for 12 but they are apple dippers, a milk, or an ice cream cone.

Re: Re-treatI love it when a parody thread takes on a life of its own. ;)

Re: Re-treatmmm... you can send the peanut butter taffy (those orange and black things) to my house!That's one advantage of not "doing" trick or treat - we don't have to worry about running out of candy. Or eating it ourselves beforehand. :rolleyes:

Re: Re-treat
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I love it when a parody thread takes on a life of its own. ;)

Or several lives......

And Susan - I'd be glad to give you the black licorice - just put on a mask, knock on my door, and yell "Trick or Treat"!:p

Re: Re-treatThanks for the laugh, KG. Both my kids trick-or-treat. They're allowed to keep 10 pieces of candy eacj, which they can then have 1 a day for the next 10 days. They "sell" me the rest of their candy for a toy of their choice between $5 and $10.

I keep the chocolate for myself, and the rest goes to work with DH.

Re: Re-treatDS has Trunk or Treat at his school on the 24th....guess what I'm giving out on the 31st? LOL

dianevill said:
Thanks for the laugh, KG. Both my kids trick-or-treat. They're allowed to keep 10 pieces of candy eacj, which they can then have 1 a day for the next 10 days. They "sell" me the rest of their candy for a toy of their choice between $5 and $10.

I keep the chocolate for myself, and the rest goes to work with DH.

That is such a good idea!

Re: Re-treatLeave it to KG. He's got all the good parodies!

actually I laughed at it when I read it the first time...

Re: Re-treatThis thread is cracking me up!!!
Funny that the parody got ignored:D
What a great idea about re-treating though!!
We normally just take about 90% of the kiddos candy to work, mostly keeping the "good stuff" and of course anything that is M&M's (DH is obsessed).

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
It's like re-gifting.

You send your kids out trick-or-treating, and when you run out of candy at the door, you hand out your kids' candy.

That's a re-treat.

Or you could save last year's candy and give it out this year... ;)

Just kidding... I really don't do this.

Re: Re-treatI almost started another one for this and decided not to...If Chefann loses a bird and gets another one, that would be a we-tweat.

Re: Re-treat& send the orange/black things to me!!! I could eat an entire bag in a day!!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I almost started another one for this and decided not to...

If Chefann loses a bird and gets another one, that would be a we-tweat.

you're too much.........thanks for making me laugh today!!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

I'd be seriously p*ssed off if I lost a bird. Yesterday was their semi-annual vet visit for bloodwork and nail trim. Those tests and services, plus a 25 pound bag of food ran us $899! Gack! :eek: I told them (the birds), "Good thing we love you."

chefann said:
I'd be seriously p*ssed off if I lost a bird. Yesterday was their semi-annual vet visit for bloodwork and nail trim. Those tests and services, plus a 25 pound bag of food ran us $899! Gack! :eek: I told them (the birds), "Good thing we love you."

Oh my! :eek:

chefann said:
Well, you spent less at the vet than I spent at the garage. And you get a lot more love from your feathered friends than I get from that POS out in the driveway.GrumbleMumbleGrumble.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Well, you spent less at the vet than I spent at the garage. And you get a lot more love from your feathered friends than I get from that POS out in the driveway.

GrumbleMumbleGrumble.

Don't you know KG, you get love in a car, not from a car. ;)

janetupnorth said:

See - I told you this thread would take on several lives!:p

janetupnorth said:

Not at my age. Afterwards, I'd need help to get out and a week in traction to straighten out my legs.

Re: Re-treatWe are all the kids favorite house to trick or treat at. My husband and I hit the hostess outlet - and get king dongs and twinkies to give out. They get their choice when they come. What's great is we spend a fraction of what it costs for candy and the kids Love it!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Not at my age. Afterwards, I'd need help to get out and a week in traction to straighten out my legs.

It burns! It burns! Scary mental image! :yuck:

ChefBeckyD said:
The important thing to remember when re-treating is to only re-treat the candy that you or your child doesn't like.

You re-treat those little peanut butter taffy things wrapped in orange or black paper, and the black licorice :yuck:

You don't re-treat the Reeses Peanut Butter Cups or the Snickers Bars.

Exaaaaaaaaaaaactly!!

janetupnorth said:

DH and I always joke about how it wouldn't be the same in a mini van. I'm sure moving three car seats would be a mood killer!!:rolleyes:

I saw on the news last year a dentist paid kids for their candy. He paid them so much per pound. I want to know what he did with all that candy!?

Re: Re-treatHe probably gave it out for T or T the next year.(I'm having a flashback to Willy Wonka's father in the Johnny Depp version of the story.)

ltkacz said:
We are all the kids favorite house to trick or treat at. My husband and I hit the hostess outlet - and get king dongs and twinkies to give out. They get their choice when they come. What's great is we spend a fraction of what it costs for candy and the kids Love it!

Remember when we were kids, and there was always one house no one went to because there was an old guy who lived there that ate kids or something?

I'm that guy in my neighborhood. I've been here 20 years and have never had a trick or treater.

Of course, the headstone in the backyard probably doesn't help...

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
He probably gave it out for T or T the next year.

(I'm having a flashback to Willy Wonka's father in the Johnny Depp version of the story.)

Isn't that funny when you think of an appropriate movie moment for something? DH and I went to see The Dark Knight two weeks ago (the Imax at Greenfield Village lowered their ticket prices through November, so it was less to see it there in the evening than matinee at the regular theater near us). When Batman drove his motorcycle through the city, with the cape flapping behind him, I leaned over to DH and said, "No capes!" (From The Incredibles)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

if it were a baby she got it would be a wee-tweat ;)

chefann said:

OMG! How many birds were taken to the vet?? :eek:

chefann said:
mmm... you can send the peanut butter taffy (those orange and black things) to my house!

That's one advantage of not "doing" trick or treat - we don't have to worry about running out of candy. Or eating it ourselves beforehand. :rolleyes:

Send some my way, for some reason I LOVE those!

grainsmommy said:
if it were a baby she got it would be a wee-tweat ;)

kaseydee said:
This thread is for the birds.

kaseydee said:
Two. And that's with the vet's Fall special. He sends all the tests out to the lab in one big batch, which saves him money and he passes those savings on to his clients.

Lemme find the breakdown on the bill...

3 supplements: Vitamin B, Liver/iron and Vitamin E, $15 each = $45 per bird
Basic tests = $130 per bird
Blood chem = $80 per bird
Bile acid = $50 per bird
EPH (?? I don't know what this is) = $50 per bird
FedEx (to lab) = $18 per bird
Sedation, usually $150 per bird but included in the Fall special (yay!)
nail and beak trim, included in fall special (not itemized, so I don't know how much they usually charge)
Total tests/lab/meds per bird = $373

1 25 pound bag of high-potency (extra iron) coarse food = $153

The food will last us quite a while. In fact, we still have a few pounds of the last bag in the basement. But we get it on the appointment trip, since they have to order it (they don't usually keep that size in stock). There's a local bird store that carries this brand of food (even though it's supposedly available only through vets), but they only carry the small bags (I think they're 5 pounds). And it's still cheaper to get it in the big bag from the vet.

Re: Re-treatKC - I remember that house well when I was a kid!

Chef Ann - That's my son and my favorite line - "NO Capes"

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
This thread is for the birds.
COOORRRRRNNNNN!

Beaker-1.jpg

Bunsen.jpg

Re: Re-treatum, yeah.... please ignore the hole in DH's bathrobe in the above pics. He refuses to get a new one.

chefann said:
um, yeah.... please ignore the hole in DH's bathrobe in the above pics. He refuses to get a new one.

Just relieved to know that isn't your leg. :eek::p:D

chefann said:
Two. And that's with the vet's Fall special. He sends all the tests out to the lab in one big batch, which saves him money and he passes those savings on to his clients.

Lemme find the breakdown on the bill...

3 supplements: Vitamin B, Liver/iron and Vitamin E, $15 each = $45 per bird
Basic tests = $130 per bird
Blood chem = $80 per bird
Bile acid = $50 per bird
EPH (?? I don't know what this is) = $50 per bird
FedEx (to lab) = $18 per bird
Sedation, usually $150 per bird but included in the Fall special (yay!)
nail and beak trim, included in fall special (not itemized, so I don't know how much they usually charge)
Total tests/lab/meds per bird = $373

1 25 pound bag of high-potency (extra iron) coarse food = $153

The food will last us quite a while. In fact, we still have a few pounds of the last bag in the basement. But we get it on the appointment trip, since they have to order it (they don't usually keep that size in stock). There's a local bird store that carries this brand of food (even though it's supposedly available only through vets), but they only carry the small bags (I think they're 5 pounds). And it's still cheaper to get it in the big bag from the vet.

You forgot the $150 for the Lab work (Woof! Roof! Woof!) and $200 for the Cat (Meow! Meow!) scan.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
You forgot the $150 for the Lab work (Woof! Roof! Woof!) and $200 for the Cat (Meow! Meow!) scan.

Groan...it hurts!

ChefBeckyD said:
Just relieved to know that isn't your leg. :eek::p:D

Maybe it is! That's not the pic with the hole in the robe. :eek:

:p

janetupnorth said:
Groan...it hurts!
(It's a reference to a gag posted in the CTscan thread several days ago.)

chefann said:
Maybe it is! That's not the pic with the hole in the robe. :eek:

:p

Ewwww, Ann - you did not need to tell me that!:yuck:

Re: Re-treatOK- back to candy!I will confess to buying Halloween candy and then snarfing it all myself, since we don't do Trick or Treating at our house.When we moved into this house, we had the light on for Halloween the first year, and only a couple of teenagers (not in costumes) came by. We decided then not to bother. There are a few more kids in the neighborhood now, but we live on a relatively busy street, so nobody bothers "working" it on Halloween. The houses are also far apart, and there's no sidewalk on our side of the street.

Re: Re-treatAnd if I replaced my chair it would be a re-seat!

ChefBeckyD said:
Ewwww, Ann - you did not need to tell me that!:yuck:

*giggle*
I was kidding.

But I'm having a good laugh on the couch now. :D

chefann said:
*giggle*
I was kidding.

But I'm having a good laugh on the couch now. :D

Me too!:D

I can tell it's Friday - the level of silliness has risen!

<h2>1. What is "It's Like Re-Gifting" at Pampered Chef?</h2><p>"It's Like Re-Gifting" is a fun and cheeky way to describe handing out your kids' Halloween candy when you run out of candy at the door. It's a playful spin on the concept of re-gifting, where you give away a gift you received to someone else.</p><h2>2. How does "It's Like Re-Gifting" work?</h2><p>When you participate in "It's Like Re-Gifting" at Pampered Chef, you simply hand out your kids' Halloween candy when you run out of your own candy while trick-or-treating. It's a great way to ensure that all the little ghouls and goblins get some treats on Halloween night.</p><h2>3. Is "It's Like Re-Gifting" just for Halloween?</h2><p>While "It's Like Re-Gifting" is most commonly associated with Halloween, it can also be applied to other holidays or occasions where you may need to redistribute gifts or treats. It's all about having fun and being creative!</p><h2>4. Do I have to be a Pampered Chef consultant to participate in "It's Like Re-Gifting"?</h2><p>No, anyone can participate in "It's Like Re-Gifting"! It's a fun and lighthearted way to celebrate Halloween and get in the holiday spirit.</p><h2>5. Is "It's Like Re-Gifting" a trademarked term?</h2><p>Yes, "It's Like Re-Gifting" is a registered trademark of Pampered Chef. This playful phrase is unique to our brand and products.</p>

1. What is "It's Like Re-Gifting" at Pampered Chef?

"It's Like Re-Gifting" is a fun and cheeky way to describe handing out your kids' Halloween candy when you run out of candy at the door. It's a playful spin on the concept of re-gifting, where you give away a gift you received to someone else.

2. How does "It's Like Re-Gifting" work?

When you participate in "It's Like Re-Gifting" at Pampered Chef, you simply hand out your kids' Halloween candy when you run out of your own candy while trick-or-treating. It's a great way to ensure that all the little ghouls and goblins get some treats on Halloween night.

3. Is "It's Like Re-Gifting" just for Halloween?

While "It's Like Re-Gifting" is most commonly associated with Halloween, it can also be applied to other holidays or occasions where you may need to redistribute gifts or treats. It's all about having fun and being creative!

4. Do I have to be a Pampered Chef consultant to participate in "It's Like Re-Gifting"?

No, anyone can participate in "It's Like Re-Gifting"! It's a fun and lighthearted way to celebrate Halloween and get in the holiday spirit.

5. Is "It's Like Re-Gifting" a trademarked term?

Yes, "It's Like Re-Gifting" is a registered trademark of Pampered Chef. This playful phrase is unique to our brand and products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • akrebecca
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
Replies