• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

You Know You're Getting Old When...

In summary, the author is tired of trick-or-treaters and thinks they should go home and eat their own candy.
Kitchen Diva
Gold Member
...Teenaged trick-or-treaters annoy the fluff out of you!

Go home and eat your own candy and smoosh your own pumpkins and scream and run around your own house, not my yard! These teens don't even live in our neighborhood!

Where's a good fire hose when you need one? :D

Grrrr....

Geesh, I'm turning into the cranky cat lady! :rolleyes:

Give them some candy and tell them you appreciate how much fun they're having. Then tell them where your enemies live and tell them they have even better candy over there. JK or maybe not. ;0

I've felt that way since I was a teenager myself. I've always been cranky, I guess- lol. At least all but 1 teenager who came to my door had a costume.

We don't hand out candy because the dogs go bizzerk every time someone comes to the door. And, with DH out of town, I don't want to risk having one of them bolt through the opened door, thus licking a child to death.

I'm all for teens having fun if they are from my neighborhood. If you are not- please leave.

The teens coming to our door have all been very polite - and dressed up more than most of the little kids!

Maybe it's because you're not giving out candy that they're smashing your pumpkins!

Almost all the children who come around our neighborhood are not from here. We are one of the big additions and they bus the kids in from the country!

We have a lot of teens too! I think it is crazy. We were embarrassed to trick or treat at that age!! They were polite though just as Sarah said.

I gave out over 500 pieces of candy tonight - that was only one piece per kid too!!

That's just it, the teens are not coming to any doors, they are running through the streets terroizing little kids- they are smooshing pumpkins, lighting off fire crackers and screaming at the tops of their lungs while shouting profanities.

Before we had dogs, we gave out candy, and the teens that lived here at the time were nice, dressed in costume, and went to parties at school or church or someones house when they were done...

I want people to have fun, but when the 100 or so houses around us all have young kids, and not even half of them come out because of the teens that aren't even from this neighborhood...well that upsets me! Those teens ruined it for the little kids-

pampchefrhondab said:
Almost all the children who come around our neighborhood are not from here. We are one of the big additions and they bus the kids in from the country!

We have a lot of teens too! I think it is crazy. We were embarrassed to trick or treat at that age!! They were polite though just as Sarah said.

I gave out over 500 pieces of candy tonight - that was only one piece per kid too!!

Holy cow! That's a lot of candy!

We live about 1.75 miles from the local high school- and about 1 mile from the Jr. High- however those kids I don't mind. These are clearly high school aged kids, that do not live here and have plenty of candy giver-outers in their neighborhoods.

Kacey, call the police. I want to hear the story!

JAE said:
Kacey, call the police. I want to hear the story!

Okay, but I want a Butterfinger for it! :)

Okay, I'll ship it tomorrow, but I don't think "Beside the still and peaceful waters" will get the envelope to your house.

JAE said:
Okay, I'll ship it tomorrow, but I don't think "Beside the still and peaceful waters" will get the envelope to your house.

Snort....sure it will, the Shepard's know right where that is! ;) Don't bother sending one, I have a bag here in my pantry.

Okay, so a couple of the neighbors have "haunted houses" in their garages this year...the entire street is smokey, and there are strobe lights going off, too. The cops drove by and told the haunted house people to have the teens keep their swearing down- as there are still a few young ones out ...

So- at least there is a reason for the insanity... now if they could just catch the pumpkin smooshers!

I posted on another thread. The teens are causing trouble this year. My signs were stolen out of my yard - so were many others in the neighborhood! We also saw smashed pumpkins. We have never had this problem in my neighborhood before!

Someone must have called the police because they are now driving through the neighborhood.

Darn hooligans!

I used to live in an apartment complex that literally people drove 25 miles to come to! I never gave out candy because I went to our Church to participate in a Reality House we did each year. One year I didn't help and gave out 150 individual bags of candy in 1 hour. I went in and turned the lights out and didn't come out. What got me was the out of COUNTY vehicles that came! This day and time, I would be afraid to let my child trick or treat out my own family/known neighbors much less in the next county with strangers! We had one little girl come by when she saw my SIL & GS outside playing about 5:30. We had some Starburst still in the pantry no one had eaten so we gave her one of those. We turned out the lights upstairs and just had my apt lights on downstairs but we haven't seen or heard anyone all night! Glad of it too!

We live on a Marine Base out in the middle of nowhere. People come from out in town and hit up the base. The kids are nice and the parents are grateful. You can only trick or treat from 1800 to 2000 (6pm to 8pm). Most houses run out of candy around 1930. The Military Police walk around with the kids and everything is pretty mellow.

I would think candy from 1930 would be pretty stale by now. I have enough trouble keeping my car from 1929 running.

I was really glad last night that I did not live in town. As I was driving home at 9:45 the town was overrun with large groups of teenagers. They were hanging out on corners and in parking lots (the few we have).

Kitchen Diva said:
Geesh, I'm turning into the cranky cat lady! :rolleyes:

http://icanhascheezburger.wordpress.com/files/2008/10/funny-pictures-cat-accuses-you-of-asking-too-many-questions.jpg

Kacey, maybe next year your neighborhood should set up a block party. That way, the streets are blocked off (so people can't drive in), and with everyone outside, less chance for teens to vandalize, swear, etc.

I'm thinking Halloween on a Saturday night is going to be even worse than it was on a Friday night.

Now I'm going to say a prayer of thanks for God putting us in such a wonderfully quiet neighborhood. Then, a prayer of strength not to eat all the left over candy (which, of course, is all chocolate!!).

1. How do I know when I'm getting old?

There are a few common signs that indicate you may be getting older, such as changes in physical appearance, increased aches and pains, and feeling more tired. You may also notice changes in your memory and overall energy levels.

2. Is forgetfulness a sign of getting old?

Forgetfulness can be a common sign of aging, but it can also be caused by various other factors such as stress or medication. If you are concerned about your memory, it's best to consult with a healthcare professional.

3. What are some other signs I may be getting old?

Other signs of aging can include changes in vision and hearing, decreased mobility and flexibility, and an increased risk of certain health conditions. However, everyone ages differently and at their own pace, so it's important not to compare yourself to others.

4. How can I embrace getting older?

Getting older is a natural part of life and it's important to embrace it. Focus on the positive aspects, such as the wisdom and experience you have gained, and find ways to stay active and engaged in activities you enjoy.

5. What can I do to stay healthy as I age?

Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is key to aging gracefully. This includes eating a balanced diet, staying physically active, getting enough sleep, and managing stress. Regular check-ups with your doctor and staying up-to-date on vaccinations can also help prevent age-related health issues.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• katie0128
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pmpdRRT
  • janetupnorth
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lauradahl
Replies