• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

It's Like Re-Gifting.you Send Your Kids Out Trick-Or-Treating, and

Re: Re-treatIn summary, the conversation is about the concept of "re-treating," which is when someone gives away their leftover Halloween candy or reuses last year's candy to hand out to trick-or-treaters. Some people have certain guidelines for what candy they will or will not re-treat, while others simply use it as a way to get rid of unwanted candy. The conversation also includes some off-topic discussions about McDonald's Halloween coupons and the idea of "we-treating" when someone gets a new pet.
Re: Re-treat
ChefBeckyD said:
Me too!:D

I can tell it's Friday - the level of silliness has risen!

I should tell Beaker to get off her feathered butt and get a job to pay the vet bill.

Oh, wait... that's what I should do.

Darn.

chefann said:
I should tell Beaker to get off her feathered butt and get a job to pay the vet bill.

Oh, wait... that's what I should do.

Darn.

And of course - this now has to be addressed....

You have feathers on your butt?:eek:

Re: Re-treatUm, no. I was referring to the non-"feather" words in the sentence. My butt is covered in cellulite, not feathers.And now that I have grossed you out with that mental image...

ChefBeckyD said:
And of course - this now has to be addressed....

You have feathers on your butt?:eek:

They're from cheap pillows.

Re: Re-treatWhen my kids were younger re-treating worked, and I did do it a few times. But now they get home too late for that. And, unfortunately, they notice if I eat their candy now, too.:eek:

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
They're from cheap pillows.

LOL-Calvin_and_Hobbes.jpg

Ohhhh, I've just been waiting for a reason to use that today!

Re: Re-treatI love Calvin and Hobbes!!I'm going to go pull out the hardbound collection we have and read them all!
:D

chefann said:
I love Calvin and Hobbes!!

I'm going to go pull out the hardbound collection we have and read them all!

I love them too - and am gaining a new appreciation for them, as I notice Micah and his Boo-Bear tend to have some of the same characteristics!:eek:

I haven't introduced Micah to C&H yet...I'm afraid it will give him more creative ideas.

Re: Re-treatYou're in trouble, if he's not even in school yet and is Calvin-ish. :)

chefann said:
You're in trouble, if he's not even in school yet and is Calvin-ish.

:)

That's what I've been told. I've had a couple educators tell me that I'm going to have a hard time finding him a quality education.

A few weeks ago, when we were on vacation, Rick asked a rhetorical question about something while he was driving...not really looking for an answer....but Micah gave him one. DH then asked DS how he knew that, and DS said "I don't know, I guess I'm just smarter than you." And he was being serious...not smart-alecky or mouthy.:eek:

ChefBeckyD said:
That's what I've been told. I've had a couple educators tell me that I'm going to have a hard time finding him a quality education.

A few weeks ago, when we were on vacation, Rick asked a rhetorical question about something while he was driving...not really looking for an answer....but Micah gave him one. DH then asked DS how he knew that, and DS said "I don't know, I guess I'm just smarter than you." And he was being serious...not smart-alecky or mouthy.:eek:

Oh Becky, Micah and Kyle have GOT to meet!

Kyle took his little toy digital camera from his uncle to school last week for show and tell. The next day the teacher gave me a look...I asked why. She said he described EVERY function on the thing in detail to his friends, including where the batteries and memory card go. (Granted, we've never showed him a THING on this camera...he taught himself).

I'm sure we could meet and lose our boys for hours to play...

ltkacz said:
We are all the kids favorite house to trick or treat at. My husband and I hit the hostess outlet - and get king dongs and twinkies to give out. They get their choice when they come. What's great is we spend a fraction of what it costs for candy and the kids Love it!

Where in Michigan do you live?

Fat girl like me ain't too proud to shove on a costume and drive for hours for a HoHo.

janetupnorth said:
Don't you know KG, you get love in a car, not from a car. ;)

Yeah, just ask my mom...that's how she got me! (she's always so proud when I share her one moment of "lapse of judgement" as she calls it)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Not at my age. Afterwards, I'd need help to get out and a week in traction to straighten out my legs.

If you need traction, you're doing it wrong. ;):p

chefann said:
Um, no. I was referring to the non-"feather" words in the sentence. My butt is covered in cellulite, not feathers.

And now that I have grossed you out with that mental image...

Don't feel bad, I have a little hail damage back there myself.... I'm going to see if my home owners insurance will cover lipo...they gave me a new roof and new siding because of hail damage, I figure the least they could do is give me a new toosh... then I'd have a re-butt(al) :D

ChefBeckyD said:
I love them too - and am gaining a new appreciation for them, as I notice Micah and his Boo-Bear tend to have some of the same characteristics!:eek:

I haven't introduced Micah to C&H yet...I'm afraid it will give him more creative ideas.

Has he built multiple snowmen in your yard yet?

I did that as a child and told my mother they were my minions...when I was 4 I told her that I was the daughter of the Queen of England and could she kindly bring me back home... to this day we both have no idea where or how or why I came up with that...

Kitchen Diva said:

The day will come, Ms. Sm4rt4$$ that you will know exactly what I'm talking about.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
The day will come, Ms. Sm4rt4$$ that you will know exactly what I'm talking about.

How do you know it already hasn't? :rolleyes::p

Kitchen Diva said:
Don't feel bad, I have a little hail damage back there myself.... I'm going to see if my home owners insurance will cover lipo...they gave me a new roof and new siding because of hail damage, I figure the least they could do is give me a new toosh... then I'd have a re-butt(al) :D

Okay, I'm stealing that line. I don't have cellulite. I have hail damage. http://www.smileyvillage.com/smilies/winking0051.gif

Re: Re-treat:eek:
Kitchen Diva said:
Has he built multiple snowmen in your yard yet?

I did that as a child and told my mother they were my minions...when I was 4 I told her that I was the daughter of the Queen of England and could she kindly bring me back home... to this day we both have no idea where or how or why I came up with that...

AARRGGHHH!!! I'm raising a little Kacey!:eek::eek:

He has a whole other family that he has made up in his mind....they are from Colombia, S.A.....His grandfather is a very wise old man who is a farmer...he was recently very sick, and Micah kept begging to go see him...in Colombia! He would literally be in tears - and he would tell other people about it too. His teacher at school asked me about it one day.
Whenever he is upset because he has been told no, or disciplined for something - he threatens to move back to Colombia with his "real family". The only time this really concerns me is when we are in a public place, and he tells strangers I'm not really his mom. We've had to talk to him about the possible consequences of saying that to people.

He also had his Pre-school teachers convinced that he had an allergy to trees and paper. At the age of 4!

His other favorite pretend game is to dress up as a Knight and be one of the Three Muskateers. He's always rescuing someone from something.

Kitchen Diva said:
Yeah, just ask my mom...that's how she got me! (she's always so proud when I share her one moment of "lapse of judgement" as she calls it)

The best line in The Graduate, when Benjamin (Dustin Hoffman) says, "So old Elaine Robinson got started in a Ford."

chefann said:
I'd be seriously p*ssed off if I lost a bird. Yesterday was their semi-annual vet visit for bloodwork and nail trim. Those tests and services, plus a 25 pound bag of food ran us $899! Gack! :eek: I told them (the birds), "Good thing we love you."

Holy cow! And I whine when our dog goes for her annual plus heartworm pills and it's $150!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Not at my age. Afterwards, I'd need help to get out and a week in traction to straighten out my legs.

smiley_lol.gif

ChefBeckyD said:
:eek:

He has a whole other family that he has made up in his mind....they are from Colombia, S.A.....His grandfather is a very wise old man who is a farmer...he was recently very sick, and Micah kept begging to go see him...in Colombia! He would literally be in tears - and he would tell other people about it too. His teacher at school asked me about it one day.
Whenever he is upset because he has been told no, or disciplined for something - he threatens to move back to Colombia with his "real family". The only time this really concerns me is when we are in a public place, and he tells strangers I'm not really his mom. We've had to talk to him about the possible consequences of saying that to people.

He also had his Pre-school teachers convinced that he had an allergy to trees and paper. At the age of 4!

His other favorite pretend game is to dress up as a Knight and be one of the Three Muskateers. He's always rescuing someone from something.

Becky...I can't even begin to tell you how much joy and giggles your Micah stories bring to me! I know "living it" may not be as funny sometimes...but boy, do I love that little guy and I have never even met him!!

KellyTheChef said:
Becky...I can't even begin to tell you how much joy and giggles your Micah stories bring to me! I know "living it" may not be as funny sometimes...but boy, do I love that little guy and I have never even met him!!

He brings us much joy and giggles too....when we are not frustrated and exhausted!:rolleyes: Although, he is getting to the stage where he gets really ticked off when we laugh at him!

DH and I were going over some of the expenses we were looking at for him - needed a new booster seat, needed new shoes, pants were getting too short.....and I said "wow - he is getting expensive!" DH had the best answer for that! He said "I don't think of him as expensive - I like to think of him as cheap entertainment!" (So True!)

And Kelly - Micah is fascinated with you and new baby! He was just asking yesterday about your avatar...and was so excited to know that it said you were having a boy! Whenever you post a new timeline, I show it to him - he loves those!

Kitchen Diva said:

I remember the last time I did that in a car, and not too fondly, either.

ChefBeckyD said:
He brings us much joy and giggles too....when we are not frustrated and exhausted!:rolleyes: Although, he is getting to the stage where he gets really ticked off when we laugh at him!

DH and I were going over some of the expenses we were looking at for him - needed a new booster seat, needed new shoes, pants were getting too short.....and I said "wow - he is getting expensive!" DH had the best answer for that! He said "I don't think of him as expensive - I like to think of him as cheap entertainment!" (So True!)

And Kelly - Micah is fascinated with you and new baby! He was just asking yesterday about your avatar...and was so excited to know that it said you were having a boy! Whenever you post a new timeline, I show it to him - he loves those!

I keep forgetting to add those...I can't put them in my siggy, so I have to remember to put them right into my reply!

Evan is getting very excited about this new little one too...may have something to do with the fact that his Mom's waist jumped up EIGHT INCHES in less than three weeks! He knows we are getting close to time for him to meet his new little brother!

http://women.evenhealth.com

ChefBeckyD said:
:eek:

That is true, but we end up with high IQ's, good grades, are great leaders, entertain easily, can laugh at ourselves, and are rather quite brilliant---just not very humble! :) LOL- I hear my mother empathizing with you from 25 miles away! :D :D

Re: Re-treatBecky, I hope you're writing some of this stuff down. One day you may be asked, "So, what was Micah like as a child?" You know, they ask that of the families of the famous and the infamous. ;)

Re: Re-treatMy DD is not quite as amusing as Micah, but from the time she was a year and 1/2 old until almost 5 she had an alter-ego. If she didn't feel like talking to you or listening, we would have to address her as "Fred". Fred would talk to us when Brittany didn't want to. My family had a hard time w/ me conversing w/ Fred at first, but pretty soon they had to as well. It could be the simplest thing you were asking "Brittany would you like more dinner?" and she wouldn't even look your way so you would replace Brittany with Fred and ask again and Fred would answer. too funny!!!

raebates said:
Becky, I hope you're writing some of this stuff down. One day you may be asked, "So, what was Micah like as a child?" You know, they ask that of the families of the famous and the infamous. ;)

I am recording it....and praying every day that I answer that question because he's famous, and not infamous!

Actually we pray every night with him that he will allow God to have control of his life so that he can learn to be a follower of God and a leader of men.

That backfired on me one day when he started bossing me around. I told him that I was the Mom, and he was the son....and he said "But Mom, remember? I'm supposed to be the leader of men."

Ummmm, yeah...another teaching moment, there.:rolleyes:

ChefBeckyD said:
I am recording it....and praying every day that I answer that question because he's famous, and not infamous!

Actually we pray every night with him that he will allow God to have control of his life so that he can learn to be a follower of God and a leader of men.

That backfired on me one day when he started bossing me around. I told him that I was the Mom, and he was the son....and he said "But Mom, remember? I'm supposed to be the leader of men."

Ummmm, yeah...another teaching moment, there.:rolleyes:

Oh my gosh... Funny!!

ChefBeckyD said:
The important thing to remember when re-treating is to only re-treat the candy that you or your child doesn't like.

You re-treat those little peanut butter taffy things wrapped in orange or black paper, and the black licorice :yuck:

You don't re-treat the Reeses Peanut Butter Cups or the Snickers Bars.

To KG, what a novel idea! :p

Becky, that's too funny and soo true! :D

<h2>1. What is "It's Like Re-Gifting" at Pampered Chef?</h2><p>"It's Like Re-Gifting" is a fun and cheeky way to describe handing out your kids' Halloween candy when you run out of candy at the door. It's a playful spin on the concept of re-gifting, where you give away a gift you received to someone else.</p><h2>2. How does "It's Like Re-Gifting" work?</h2><p>When you participate in "It's Like Re-Gifting" at Pampered Chef, you simply hand out your kids' Halloween candy when you run out of your own candy while trick-or-treating. It's a great way to ensure that all the little ghouls and goblins get some treats on Halloween night.</p><h2>3. Is "It's Like Re-Gifting" just for Halloween?</h2><p>While "It's Like Re-Gifting" is most commonly associated with Halloween, it can also be applied to other holidays or occasions where you may need to redistribute gifts or treats. It's all about having fun and being creative!</p><h2>4. Do I have to be a Pampered Chef consultant to participate in "It's Like Re-Gifting"?</h2><p>No, anyone can participate in "It's Like Re-Gifting"! It's a fun and lighthearted way to celebrate Halloween and get in the holiday spirit.</p><h2>5. Is "It's Like Re-Gifting" a trademarked term?</h2><p>Yes, "It's Like Re-Gifting" is a registered trademark of Pampered Chef. This playful phrase is unique to our brand and products.</p>

1. What is "It's Like Re-Gifting" at Pampered Chef?

"It's Like Re-Gifting" is a fun and cheeky way to describe handing out your kids' Halloween candy when you run out of candy at the door. It's a playful spin on the concept of re-gifting, where you give away a gift you received to someone else.

2. How does "It's Like Re-Gifting" work?

When you participate in "It's Like Re-Gifting" at Pampered Chef, you simply hand out your kids' Halloween candy when you run out of your own candy while trick-or-treating. It's a great way to ensure that all the little ghouls and goblins get some treats on Halloween night.

3. Is "It's Like Re-Gifting" just for Halloween?

While "It's Like Re-Gifting" is most commonly associated with Halloween, it can also be applied to other holidays or occasions where you may need to redistribute gifts or treats. It's all about having fun and being creative!

4. Do I have to be a Pampered Chef consultant to participate in "It's Like Re-Gifting"?

No, anyone can participate in "It's Like Re-Gifting"! It's a fun and lighthearted way to celebrate Halloween and get in the holiday spirit.

5. Is "It's Like Re-Gifting" a trademarked term?

Yes, "It's Like Re-Gifting" is a registered trademark of Pampered Chef. This playful phrase is unique to our brand and products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • akrebecca
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
Replies