• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Transform Your Wardrobe: Design and Print Custom Shirts with Fabric Transfers

In summary, the HO has given us permission to use the Discover The Chef In You logo to create our own items, but we cannot have anyone else create them for us.
naekelsey
Gold Member
I went to Walmart yesterday and bought some shirts and some fabric transfers that you print on your printer.

I am thinking of putting a little Pampered Chef on the front of the shirts then something on the back of each one.

I have come up with and found these:

Discover The Chef In You

Part Time, Full Time, On The Side....Ask Me

I Have All The Tools You Need To Earn

How do these sound and can anyone come up with anything else???

I'm not sure, but I don't think we can use "Discover The Chef In You" to make our own things. Honestly, I am confused about what we can and can't do when we make our own cards, invites, shirts, etc. I do know that there was some trouble at NC several years ago about things that were put on shirts.

I THINK We can use any of the logos/etc. to make something OURSELF but we can't contract another company to do it, including vista print, officemax, etc.

As long as you're doing it yourself, you're fine. At least, that's the last word I got from the HO.

I would LOVE to see what you come up with! I have met so many fun people wearing my PC jacket logowear from Merrill. But then spring, summer, and fall come around and I just don't care for their normal t-shirts, and the fancier ones are a bit pricey. Plus there's the issue of fit, apparently they have a separate size chart for each offering :p

I am not sure I would use anything except the the PC hat logo and Pampered Chef, large enough to see from an arm's length away.

Post some pictures of what you do, pretty please?

My bf is working on them now so as soon as each one gets done I will get pics up!!

Excellent!

Plus there's the issue of fit, apparently they have a separate size chart for each offering :p

That is the trouble I had; don't order anymore because of that.
I also anticipate the outcome on these.

Does anyone know the fit of the unisex tshirts on the Merrill site? I was thinking of ordering a couple of tshirts, but I'm unsure of which size to purchase.

I was under the impression though, since it is a trademarked logo & phrase, you would need permission from HO. I would definitely check into it.

gaddischef said:
I was under the impression though, since it is a trademarked logo & phrase, you would need permission from HO. I would definitely check into it.

The Policy Guide gives us permission. There are details in there about how we can utilize the logo, and one of the things we are allowed to use it for is to create our own logowear. There are specific guidelines, and we are not allowed to use the tag line (Discover the chef in you), but it's spelled out in the PG.

NooraK said:
The Policy Guide gives us permission. There are details in there about how we can utilize the logo, and one of the things we are allowed to use it for is to create our own logowear. There are specific guidelines, and we are not allowed to use the tag line (Discover the chef in you), but it's spelled out in the PG.

great -- thanks!

I'm anxious to see pictures--this sounds like a great idea.

My bf is lagging! I am anxious to see them also. He's been really busy so I can't give him to much crud. As soon as they are done I will post pics. He is promising me tonight so lets all cross our fingers it happens...LOL!

OOO I hope they look good! I am a big guy and Merrill simply does not provide clothing that I can or even want to wear because the quality stinks! So I am excited to see what you and your friend come up with.

pampered1224 said:
OOO I hope they look good! I am a big guy and Merrill simply does not provide clothing that I can or even want to wear because the quality stinks! So I am excited to see what you and your friend come up with.

John we need to meet at Spring Launch! I have an embroidery machine and the old logo without the tagline...

Seems the logo we used is not the correct one so no need to have the pictures up

Last edited:
Those look great, but I am confused if we are allowed to make them under PC guidelines.

I love the one with the hat--what did you use to do this? Very nice.

nevermind, I read up higher and see we can use them. Do you mind sharing them with me?

I was told by several people and read that WE can but we can't have anyone else make them, like any t-shirt making place and such.

My bf is at work right now so I will "bug" him when he gets home. It definitely wasn't easy at all!! But worth it.. I have no idea what program he used... Figured I would leave it all to him since he volunteered...

On the hat version, did he modify that because it's against the law to modify logos. I don't remember seeing that version of the logo any where.

As far as I know, he didn't modify..but know he was having problems with the words covering stuff up...Not sure..

wadesgirl said:
On the hat version, did he modify that because it's against the law to modify logos. I don't remember seeing that version of the logo any where.

Right, according to the PG we cannot use the hat alone, and we cannot modify any of the logos. They must be used in the form available on CC.

He found the picture on this site.

He found the image on this site on several different items with just the hat. So that is what he used. Guess I will be throwing all 10 shirts and jackets he made away and starting over...Pretty bummed now!!

Attachments

• logo only postcard.jpg
    logo only postcard.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 590
Don't use any of the logos on this site, you can download the proper logos from consultant's corner.

A pretty expensive lesson and lots of time wasted. Since others were using these logos in their "stuff" didn't see it being a problem. Not sure I will bother with making any more. Pretty bummed...

Jane that would be awesome. I do need to get some shows on the books or a job before I can do anything, I have to worry more about the mortgage right now than shirts! I still would love to meet you at SL! I am having Pat drop me off at 7:30 if I can at all help it so I will probably be milling about for a bit. Big - greyish blond hair! When are you all heading down? Friday night or Saturday a.m.?

If they're already made, I don't know if I would throw them away. I certainly don't advocate breaking the rules, but I'm also not the PC police, and am not going to turn you in. Make sure you always refer to the PG for the official word. Even if something might have been OK a few years ago when it was posted on this site, the policy may have changed since then.

Well...I would not throw them away, either. But I wouldn't make any more without using the downloaded logo!

NooraK said:
If they're already made, I don't know if I would throw them away. I certainly don't advocate breaking the rules, but I'm also not the PC police, and am not going to turn you in.

Make sure you always refer to the PG for the official word. Even if something might have been OK a few years ago when it was posted on this site, the policy may have changed since then.

I agree with this - things on here aren't always up to date. You can find the most current logos on consultant's corner like I mentioned before.

I wouldn't throw them out either, but like others said, just use the logo on Consultant's Corner if you make any more.

Not sure what I will do yet. Thanks for everyone's advice! Appreciate it..

What are fabric transfers and how do they work?

Fabric transfers are sheets of special paper that allow you to transfer designs or images onto fabric using heat. You can design and print your own custom images onto the transfer paper using a regular printer, and then use heat from an iron or heat press to transfer the design onto your fabric.

What types of shirts can I use with fabric transfers?

Fabric transfers can be used on most types of cotton or cotton blend shirts, such as t-shirts, tank tops, and sweatshirts. It is important to check the instructions on your specific transfer paper for any limitations or recommendations.

Can I wash shirts with fabric transfers?

Yes, most fabric transfers are designed to withstand washing and drying. However, it is important to follow the specific instructions for your transfer paper, as some may require certain washing or drying methods to ensure the longevity of the design.

Can I use fabric transfers for commercial purposes?

Yes, fabric transfers can be used for commercial purposes, such as creating custom shirts to sell or promote a business. However, it is important to check the terms and conditions of your specific transfer paper, as some may have restrictions on commercial use.

Can I use any design or image for my fabric transfers?

You can use any design or image that you have the rights to use. This includes designs you create yourself or images that are copyright-free. It is important to respect copyright laws and only use designs or images that you have the rights to use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• thechefofnorthbend
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
thechefofnorthbend
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • NooraK
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies