• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

toPay for Postage and Ingredients or Not??

In summary, most hosts either buy the ingredients or furnish them themselves, but some hosts may reimburse the consultant for the groceries. Some hosts also mail out the invitations.
nickywsn
I am a new consultant (doing first show next month) and I was wondering how many of you actually pay for the postage to mail invites? I am already addressing them for my hostesses and giving them back to them to put postage on and drop in the mail. Also, how many of you furnish the ingredients for recipes at cooking shows? If not, how often does the host either forget an item or get the wrong thing? I was just wondering if it was worth it or not to foot the bill. I feel pretty confident that if all they have to do is put a stamp on them and put them in their mailbox that they will actually get mailed out. Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks,
Nicky

I held a party in November where I was the hostess. The consultant bought the groceries but I had to reimburse her-it was about $20. I also mailed out my own invites.

I mail out the invitations for my hostesses. I do not buy the ingredients.

So you don't think people will be offended if I ask for a reimbursement for the food? And when you mail out the invites, you pay for postage right?

Someone posted a letter to host (search files/host) that indicates that she will shop for the ing and they will reimburse her the $15, but if they have a $700 show (her show avg) the ing were on her. i think I may try this, because even though I include a detailed list and go over it with them on the phone, I have had a lot of missing ingredients. One hostess thought I said to have the pizza dough frozen!?!?!?! Huh!!!!
I will be trying this idea at my upcomming shows.

As far as invites, I print a sheet of return labels with all the show info on them (as well as my website info) they can stick them on the invites (instead of writing them out) and they can mail them. I found that a lot of the invites get handed out, or they use my website. Good Luck!!!

I also send out the invites but do not buy the ingredients.

That sounds like a good idea if they hit $700 then I will reimburse them for the groceries. I might try that!

Hello Nicky ~ Welcome to our board...:)

I started mailing out my invites 6 months ago...my attendance at shows has sharply increased. I have found that if "I" mail them out then "I" know exactly how many were invited. I also ask the host if she wants me to print out extra invites to hand deliver. Once you have a website, the host can also send out reminder invites via email...

I am also going to start using Post-Calls to remind the guests and I ma hoping the attendance OR online ordering will increase.

I have never offered to get the ingredients for my hosts - they buy or furnish their own. Most of the recipes I use does not require any special purchasing, thus allowing their cost to stay lower than if I had to buy everything....AND until show #55, not one had forgotten anyhting. I also always call my host on the way to their show to make sure they have everyhting...I would rather stop on the way rather than have to go back....

If my host has a show over $500.00 dollars I give them an extra $15.00 in product and tell them and their guests "there...this show has cost you nothing!!" Works well for future bookings.

Bottom line....If I spend a little then I seem to get a lot in return...

Hope you gather some useful infpo for your first show...

HINT: Know your recipe well BEFORE the show...practice between now and then on your family ...until they say "Taco Ring"...NOT AGAIN:D :D

Good Luck and let us know how you are doing...

Last edited:
I also started mailing the invites for my hosts and I've seen a dramatic increase in both show attendance and show average. I've had a $1000 show each month since I started doing this (prior to that I had only 1 $1000 show in a year). I think it's a great benefit for the host and you. As has been mentioned above - you know exactly how many people were invited. It may cost you some in postage, but I can almost assure you that your increased commission will more than pay for it. I decided to do this as a 3 month trial and I am going to keep offering it as my service to them. Now, if they want to send e-vites I just have them do it. I figure that if they are going to write or email the email addresses to me, then they might as well go ahead and send them themself from my web-site.

As far as ingredients go. I usually have thos host purchase them but, sometimes I will bring the ingredients (especially if I'm doing a second recipe or if it's something I want to try....my DH gets tired of being my test-taster!). When I bring ingredients for them I never ask for reimbursement.

You have to decide what works for you and what you are comfortable doing.

Luck to you!

I have not done either, but I have not had time to follow through on those if I would have offered them. It does depend on you and what you can do.

I am thinking about doing some premade ingredient type recipes for the next few shows and see how they go. One is pull apart bread (cookware) and the other is celebrate cookies or batter bowl brownies in the sm batter bowl (stoneware). I would pay for those myself. It would probably just cost $5 or less since I have most of those ingredients in the house already.

I am thinking of offering an item to a host at their show if they get $150 in outside orders before the show, maybe something small but impressive like a microfiber towel. Sure, I'd need to order a few in advance but it might be worth it.

nickywsn said:
So you don't think people will be offended if I ask for a reimbursement for the food? And when you mail out the invites, you pay for postage right?

I mail out invites (been doing so since Mar) & I have noticed a big increase in attendance & fewer cancelled shows. I figure the cost of the stamps won't be a factor when my higher sales give me more in commission to cover them, plus extra!

I have always bought the ingredients & get reimbursed. The hosts have never felt offended paying me back. I tell them in host coaching when I go over the free product that they get $15 in fp for paying for the food (but I also never charge more than $15 for food). I also tell them that if they get $200 in outside orders before the show, or 2 bookings before show, or $100 in oo AND 1 booking before show, food is free! I've had a few hit me up on that offer.

1. Do I have to pay for postage and ingredients?

Yes, as a Pampered Chef consultant, you are responsible for covering the cost of postage and ingredients for any products you sell or samples you provide to customers. This is a standard practice in direct sales businesses.

2. How do I determine the cost of postage and ingredients?

The cost of postage will depend on the weight and size of your package, as well as the shipping method you choose. As for ingredients, you can calculate the cost by adding up the cost of all the individual ingredients used in a recipe.

3. Can I charge my customers for postage and ingredients?

Yes, you can include the cost of postage and ingredients in the overall price of the products you sell. However, it is important to be transparent with your customers and let them know that these costs are included in the price.

4. Do I have to pay for postage and ingredients for hostess gifts?

No, as a Pampered Chef consultant, you are not responsible for covering the cost of postage and ingredients for hostess gifts. These are provided by the company as a thank-you for hosting a party.

5. Can I purchase postage and ingredients through Pampered Chef?

No, Pampered Chef does not sell postage or ingredients. It is the responsibility of the consultant to purchase and cover the cost of these items. However, the company does offer resources and tips for managing and tracking these expenses.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookingwithlove
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • leahevanson
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Chef Gilles
  • lakamper