• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bare Minimum Supplies/Costs for Operation?

the minimum supplies for an operation are: -catalogs (currently $17 for a pack of 25) -order forms (currently $4) -host packet shipping costs (currently $4) -cooking show (currently $3.50 for 3 catalogs, 5 outside order forms downloaded with the guest specials right on there, show planner (PC has all the info you need on here now - I don't even add a note - just highlight), host special flyer, and your life your way brochure) -invitations (currently $3.50 per person) And to save money, you could do things like give host packs at shows when they book, then
pchefinski
What is the bare minimum supplies for operation - and how cheap do you think you could go before compromising your business success? How much do you spend monthly (or less often, such as quarterly) on supplies?

Catalogs (how much are they now?)
Order forms
host packet shipping costs - what is your shipping cost & what do you feel is necessary to put in them?

With trying to maintain minimum expenses one obviously wouldn't buy ingredients for the shows or mail the invitations for the host, nor would one offer extras on top of the already awesome rewards program PC has in place. I was just wondering how I could keep my costs down as much as possible.

Amanda,

Go to CC and hit downloads. You can download a paperwork supply order form for the prices. I know catalogs are $17 for a pack of 25 and I forget how much 100 cost.

100 catalogs are $52, higher than they were a year ago, but still less than buying 4 packs of 25 on separate orders.If you're trying to save money, then give host packs when they book, then you don't have to pay postage on them. You'll also save by planning supply orders so you don't pay more than the $4 shipping (one supply order a month, in other words).

I put 4 catalogs & 5 outside order forms into my host packets. Around $4.50 to ship locally.

100 catalogs are $45, 25 catalogs are $17. 100 receipts are $9.25 and remember that you will get 50 free with your first supply order.

Invitations if you choose to use them, your life your way brochures.

Get the pack of show planners too - you can get one free (just click on the space under n/c in the supply order page).

I would say that is the minimum. Download guest and host specials each month.

I have really simplified my host packet:

Cooking show - 3 catalogs, 5 outside order forms - downloaded with the guest specials right on there, show planner (PC has all the info you need on here now - I don't even add a note - just highlight), host special flyer, and your life your way brochure. And invitations.

During host coaching and at the end of the evening I talk about upcoming host specials to entice her to help get bookings and also talk about starting her own business.

I used to send all kinds of stuff and spent way too much time and money on cute fliers that no one even looked at. I know because of the silence or blank looks when I asked about it.

I agree that handing packets out at shows does help save money. I would also suggest estimating what you will need for the whole season if you can - then you only have to pay the shipping once during the season. If you find you need a few other things then talk with cluster mates or director about ordering together. Especially near the end of a season, I let my team know when I am ordering in case they just need one or two things and want to save on shipping (I pay the full $4 but you could split it...).

chefann said:
100 catalogs are $52, higher than they were a year ago, but still less than buying 4 packs of 25 on separate orders.

If you're trying to save money, then give host packs when they book, then you don't have to pay postage on them. You'll also save by planning supply orders so you don't pay more than the $4 shipping (one supply order a month, in other words).

When did they go up to $52, Ann? I thought they were around $45 for 100.

The US price is $45 for 100

pamperedharriet said:
When did they go up to $52, Ann? I thought they were around $45 for 100.
They are still $45 - she must have moved to Canada.:p

They were $52 in F/F '07 because the page count was higher. They are currently back to $45.

Oops - sorry ladies. I misremembered the cost. It's still cheaper to order 100 than 4 packs of 25 in separate orders.

Good luck to you Amanda! I hope it works out for you this time around! :)

I like to go in with a cluster mate on a pack of 100. We split cost, tax & shipping down the middle & take turns being the one who orders them.

BethCooks4U said:
100 catalogs are $45, 25 catalogs are $17. 100 receipts are $9.25 and remember that you will get 50 free with your first supply order. Invitations if you choose to use them, your life your way brochures.Get the pack of show planners too - you can get one free (just click on the space under n/c in the supply order page).I would say that is the minimum. Download guest and host specials each month.I have really simplified my host packet:Cooking show - 3 catalogs, 5 outside order forms - downloaded with the guest specials right on there, show planner (PC has all the info you need on here now - I don't even add a note - just highlight), host special flyer, and your life your way brochure. And invitations.During host coaching and at the end of the evening I talk about upcoming host specials to entice her to help get bookings and also talk about starting her own business.I used to send all kinds of stuff and spent way too much time and money on cute fliers that no one even looked at. I know because of the silence or blank looks when I asked about it.
I do exactly what Beth does - I am trying to only spend what I have to on supplies and have been doing this for over a year and it really works for me. I am planning to use my leftover F/W 07 order forms b/c they don't say anything different on them (I use the write-in style and rip off the shopping list anyway). When they're all gone, I'll order more, but I'll probably be fine for a while with the 60 or so I still have, plus the 50 free I'll get free with my first supply order.I tell my team the same thing - they are all trying not to put too much money into their businesses and actually make money with PC, so we were all brainstorming ideas on how we could do things cheaper at our last meeting. We all agreed that swapping extra catalogs/order forms is helpful, as well as any other supplies we might have, and we plan to work together to help each other out. HTH! :)

I do my own order forms. You can really get by 'cheaply' with PC. The main thing supply-wise that you need are catalogs. You can get by without a lot of the extras. My first year in business I SPENT WWAAAYYYYY too much on EVERYTHING! Now, I am much more cautious about what I spend - and I only order supplies once a month if I have to.
It does cost a little more to start, but the 100 catalogs saves you a good chunk of money. A box of paper will save you money. You will figure it all out as you go.

1. What are the basic supplies needed to start my Pampered Chef business?

The bare minimum supplies needed for operating a Pampered Chef business include a starter kit, which includes catalogs, order forms, and product samples; a website subscription; and marketing materials. You will also need basic office supplies, such as a computer, printer, and office supplies like paper and ink.

2. How much does the starter kit cost?

The starter kit for Pampered Chef consultants costs $109, which includes all the necessary materials to start your business.

3. Do I need to purchase products to sell?

No, you do not need to purchase any products to start your Pampered Chef business. However, it is recommended that you have a few products on hand to demonstrate and showcase to potential customers.

4. Are there any additional costs for operating my Pampered Chef business?

In addition to the starter kit and basic office supplies, there are a few other costs to consider for operating your business. These include website hosting fees, shipping costs for any products you purchase, and marketing materials, such as business cards and brochures.

5. Can I set my own prices for products?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you are required to sell products at the suggested retail price. However, you may offer discounts or promotions at your discretion.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pccat
  • rennea
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • esavvymom