• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

toNotify or Not Notify Customers of Your Relocating

In summary, if you are a host or customer and your consultant moves, be sure to announce it in your newsletter and be prepared to refer customers to your down line.
Bren706
Gold Member
In about 3 weeks hubby, myself and the kids are moving back to our hometown in Massachusetts (we have lived in North Carolina for the past 4 years).

I am getting ready to send my August newsletter out, and am wondering if I should put something in there about relocating, especially that my home phone # will no longer be used (I have both home and cell #'s listed for my business). I don't want to scare them away and make them think that since I am moving out of state that I can no longer be of service to them.

For those that have relocated a distance, how have you handled it? Any script suggestions for my newsletter if I should notify them.

make it work for you. Tell them you are moving home and would love to have them as customers for online shows. If you have a downline in your cluster still in the area you can refer any cooking shows to, do it... you are still going to be making $$ on those shows

From the point of view of host or customer, I would like to know if my Consultant was moving, because it would affect whether or not I could host a cooking show with him/her, or add an order to an existing show, and just pick up the product to lower the shipping cost.

Will you be willing to return to NC a couple of times a year to hold shows? Be sure to inlcude that information to your newsletter. Also, consider giving discounts on shipping for the first 3 months (or, however long you think best), or anyone willing to place an order with you to help keep you active until you get established in your new area.

If I was a host or customer and called you next March (for example) with a request, and was told "Oh, I moved out of state 7 months ago" I'd feel hurt for not being important enough to you to have been notified.

Just what I though! Thanks :)

I'm military, so that's a whole different ball game. We are all used to the consultants & customers moving away. I actually just moved from Okinawa, Japan up to Tokyo, Japan. I did announce it in my newsletter for several months straight hoping that everyone would see it. But alas, I had a customer call my cell today wanting a catalog now, not in the mail. I explained that I'm in Tokyo now & offered to have one of the girls on my team call her. She said okay so I just referred her to my down line. ;)

1. Should I notify customers of my relocation?

It is generally recommended to notify your customers of your relocation. This will ensure that they are aware of the change and can plan accordingly. It also shows professionalism and consideration towards your customers.

2. How should I notify my customers of my relocation?

There are several ways to notify your customers of your relocation. You can send out an email blast, post on social media, or send out physical mailers. You can also update your website and business listings with your new address. Choose the method that works best for your business and target audience.

3. When should I notify my customers of my relocation?

It is best to notify your customers as soon as possible, ideally at least a month before your move. This will give them enough time to make note of the change and adjust their shopping habits accordingly. If you are relocating on short notice, try to notify your customers as soon as possible.

4. What information should I include when notifying my customers of my relocation?

When notifying your customers of your relocation, be sure to include your new address, phone number, and any other relevant contact information. You can also provide a brief explanation for the move and any important dates or changes in business operations.

5. Do I need to notify all of my customers or just regulars?

It is important to notify all of your customers, not just regulars. This includes both current and potential customers, as well as any businesses or individuals you have ongoing partnerships with. This will ensure that no one is left out and everyone is aware of your relocation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Mary
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • Bren706
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • riggs62