• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Efficiently Managing Customer Returns: How to Handle and Keep Customers Happy

In summary, the conversation is about how to handle customer returns. The participants discuss the importance of good customer service and offer different strategies for managing returns, including initiating returns for customers, explaining the return process, and offering exceptions for loyal customers. They also share success stories where handling a return led to future business opportunities. The overall consensus is to view returns not just as a hassle, but as a chance to provide excellent customer service and potentially gain new customers.
PChefPEI
Silver Member
How do you handle customer returns? I had every intent on getting the customer to do this themselves, but so far, the ones that I have had have been annoyed that I wouldn't take care of it. I want happy customers, so have then offered these customers the service of returning for them, and they have appreciated, but I don't want to end up spending much of my time doing this when my schedule is tight enough as it is!!

Thanks for your help! :D
MF

I make the calls to HO for them and then I give them the instructions of how and where to return them.

I think if it's within the first couple months of them buying it, I would handle the sending back for them, just to keep a good customer service profile. After that, you can initiate the return/adjustment for them, but tell them they are responsible for the shipping if a return of something is necessary.

jrstephens said:
I make the calls to HO for them and then I give them the instructions of how and where to return them.
Me too, I do the same, call for them always. But I have had customers come to a show and give me the product (after it's been years) and expect me to handle it, so I explain to them the procedure and call for them and they do the rest.

Yea...I call for the reference number and give them all the info they need to take care of it themselves. You wouldn't expect Land's End to pay to ship back something you have used for 6 months, yet sometimes they expect that from us. At my shows I always explain our return policy and urge them to USE their products ASAP so if there is a problem, PC will pay to pick it up.

If it was a very good customer, I would consider making an exception, but that hasn't happened to me in over three years!

I inform my customers that I do returns on the 15th of each month. If they have a product they need returned and its after the 30 day mark for their purchase I will send the return on the 15th. It may delay their return/exchange/adjustment, but they don't have to pay that pesky shipping charge and it gets taken care of. I've only had to do this a few times.

Also if the guest is close enough I will take care of the return after I've received the product they're wanting to return. Those I take care of immediately to stay within the 30 day window.

amcclanaghan said:
I inform my customers that I do returns on the 15th of each month. If they have a product they need returned and its after the 30 day mark for their purchase I will send the return on the 15th. It may delay their return/exchange/adjustment, but they don't have to pay that pesky shipping charge and it gets taken care of. I've only had to do this a few times.

Also if the guest is close enough I will take care of the return after I've received the product they're wanting to return. Those I take care of immediately to stay within the 30 day window.

This is similar to what I do. Get the ref. number - toss them all in a box and ship them off once a month. I wonder what they think when they open up one of my return boxes :D
I have had a few that do take some time - but have been worth it in the end. Exp: Lady brings C Bowl that her daughter got her when she was selling PC. AMAZINGLY she has the return form from when the lid had broken. The guarantee ran out in THREE DAYS!! I told her I would handle it for her - when I called her to tell her that her C Bowl woudl ship to her wihting 2 weeks she was thrilled.

AND - while I had her on the line, I asked her if she enjoyed the show the other night, she booked with me in May and I asked why her daughter ahd quit PC - she said her daughter was not motivated at the time BUT now she was in need of a few $$ - cah-ching!! I got her number, gave her a call and we have an interview set for next week!!!

So - I guess if you simply look at it as a RETURN - don't offer to do it for them. If you look at it as an OPPORTUNITY - it just might pay off.

My .02

1. What is the return policy for Pampered Chef products?

Pampered Chef offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all products purchased directly from our website or through a consultant. This means you can return any item within 30 days of purchase for a full refund or exchange.

2. Can I return a product if I no longer have the original packaging?

Yes, as long as you have proof of purchase, you can still return the product even if you no longer have the original packaging. However, please note that items must be in new or gently used condition to be eligible for a refund or exchange.

3. How do I initiate a return for a Pampered Chef product?

To initiate a return, you can contact your consultant or our customer service team. They will provide you with a return authorization number and instructions on how to send the product back. Please note that you will be responsible for return shipping costs.

4. Can I return a product that was purchased as a gift?

Yes, you can return a product that was purchased as a gift as long as you have the original proof of purchase. The refund will be issued to the original form of payment or you can receive store credit for the amount of the return.

5. Are there any products that cannot be returned?

We do not accept returns on personalized or custom-made products, as well as products that are no longer in new or gently used condition. We also do not accept returns on items purchased through third-party retailers. Please contact your consultant or our customer service team for more information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
sandilou
  • TJMagoo
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • AprilM