• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

2 Customers Ordered Wrong Items & Want to Return

The commission rates vary depending on the item. For instance, on a $400 pan set, the commission rate would be 20%.
AprilM
My wife April is a Consultant & I help her with the back office stuff...

Issue: We have voicemail that a customer from a recent show, and her friend customer# 2, both ordered one each the #2225 Measure-All Cup @ $10.00 but thought they ordered the #2175 Easy Read Measuring Cups @ $23.00. The show date was 9/19/09, the FedX ship date was 9/25/09 the FedX delivered date to host house was 9/30.

We have a show on 10/24 that we could order two new 2175 Easy Read Measuring Cups on for the two customers. And then I thought we could possibly through the PC home office return the two #2225 Measure-All Cups.

However, we've never had to handle any returns and these are both due to a mistake by the buyer? Could we return the two 2225 Measure-All Cups (since it's within 30 days) as buyer remorse, and then have the two customers order the two 2175 Easy Read Measuring Cups under the 10/24 show ? What's PC return policy and what would you suggest.

Please provide suggestions on how to handle this..

I know how important customer service is from the consultant facing the guest and want to ensure our business mantains a good reputation for customer service. My wife as a consultant would be willing to take a ($8:50 hit for shipping $4.25 x 2) if needed to keep these customers happy.

I know I've rabbled with this post but hope it makes sense..

Thanks in advance for responses...

Paul

No, don't pay for their mistake. Just explain that all you'll need to do is contact Home Office to arrange an exchange, and they'll just have to pay the difference. They weren't over charged, and they would have paid that in the first place if the order had gone through correctly the first time.HO will pick up for free within the first 30 days, and I think if you do it as an exchange, they'll send the new item for just the difference in cost.

Have April call Pampered Chef & explain that the wrong items were order by the two guests. Pampered Chef will take them back within the first year. If you tell them at the same time that they both want the more expensive item, PC may just have you pay the difference. Not sure if PC will charge shipping or not. If the customers originally paid with a cc, April can ask if they want the difference applied to the same card. If they originally paid by cash or check, they could just reimburse her the difference. ;)

Paul - it's still within 30 days since it was delivered to the host - you can call the HO and arrange for an exchange for both of the customers - you will need to either have their credit card info or get checks from them for the difference in price and then PC will debit your checking account the difference or charge their credit card if provided.

If the friends live near each other (they could put both measure all cups in a single box) - HO will arrange for Fed Ex to pick up the items for free and then when they receive them - HO will ship out the new items (you will need the customers addresses as well when you call to ship the new items to).

I think this will be easiest for you and will show good customer service as well!

Paul, all the answers above are correct (and, woohoo, April doesn't have to take a hit!), so I don't have anything to add there. I just wanted to say how wonderful it is you are so involved. I bet April really appreciates that kind of support. I know I would!

Gotta love PC!!!

Yes, they will replace it for just the difference in price. However ... April will not get commission for it.

For instance, if somebody orders the mix and chop and means to order the food chopper, you don't get commission on the food chopper when they pay the difference and get one.

However, the flip side of that is that if they order a food chopper and mean to order a mix and chop, Pampered Chef does not take its money back

Thanks to all for replies..

I called PC and they were great..

One of the customers still wanted to swap for the Easy Read Measuring Cups @ $23.00, but the 2nd customer wanted to swap for another $10 item so they ordered the #2583 Mix n Chop @ $10.00 PC HO took care of all the shipping so April was only out $2.60 commision on the $13 dollar difference.

Thanks for letting me know about the commission. On larger items such as a $400 pan set verses a $800 pan set the commission lose could be huge so a better solution might be in order.

Thanks to all for the feedback and info..

This forum is a great resource..I appreciate it

Paul

1. Can the customers return the items even though they ordered the wrong ones?

Yes, Pampered Chef has a satisfaction guarantee policy which allows customers to return items within 30 days of purchase for a full refund or exchange.

2. Do the customers have to pay for return shipping?

No, if the customers received the wrong items due to an error on our end, we will cover the cost of return shipping. However, if the customers simply changed their mind or made a mistake when ordering, they will be responsible for the return shipping costs.

3. How long does it take to process a return?

Returns are typically processed within 7-10 business days after they are received at our warehouse. However, please allow for additional time during peak seasons.

4. Can the customers exchange the wrong items for the correct ones?

Yes, customers can exchange the wrong items for the correct ones as long as they are within the 30-day return period and the correct items are in stock. If the correct items are not in stock, we will issue a refund for the returned items.

5. What should the customers do if the items they received are damaged or defective?

If the items are damaged or defective, please contact our customer service team at 1-800-123-4567 for assistance. We may ask for photos of the damaged items and will work to resolve the issue as quickly as possible.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCSarahjm
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • mrshamel3808
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
mrshamel3808
  • PCMomto4