• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is President Obama's Appearance on 'Tonight Show' a Big Deal or Not?

In summary, President Obama is scheduled to appear on the Tonight Show tomorrow. Some people are upset because he is spending his time on a comedy show instead of more important things. Others are okay with it because he is a human being and has the right to have fun.
caraighan said:
I voted for McCain and I'm not ashamed to say so... I would vote for him again as long as the oposition supported abortion and embryonic stem cell research!

My comment wasn't meant for you and if you were on this site prior or during the election, you would have fit right in. The bickering went back and forth for WEEKS.

It was insane. But thanks for pointing out your view.

BethCooks4U said:
I stayed up and watched it. I thought he did very well. He definitely kept his dignity. He was light but he also said serious things. Jay was funny - almost flustered and very polite. Keven even wore a suit.

I look forward to watching it, I DVR'd it. I have an appt this morning so will watch it later today. Thanks for the positive feedback! :)

BethCooks4U said:
...or listens to Rush.

SIZE]

Thank goodness I kept reading, b/c I my mind went staright to the rock band Rush (instead of Limbaugh) & I was a little confused - lol. :rolleyes:

I tried to watch it, but I fell asleep after they went to commercial. I'll have to see it online later when I have more time.

KG, I'm half-way thru my copy of Atlas Shrugged. Seems to be an appropriate time to re-read that puppy ;). -Leggy

(My leanings are libertarian, so you know my eyes are rolling on a daily basis)

legacypc46 said:
KG, I'm half-way thru my copy of Atlas Shrugged. Seems to be an appropriate time to re-read that puppy ;). -Leggy

(My leanings are libertarian, so you know my eyes are rolling on a daily basis)

That book is so iconic! It's like she wrote it now. Scary stuff. Business and politics! :yuck:

I think he did great. I still don't like the fact that it was on a late night comedy show. I just don't feel that's the place for a sitting president, but I think he did & spoke very well. I actually enjoyed listening.. & thought Jay asked some great questions.

Wow....

I don't think it matters what he does or doesn't do, he can't make everyone happy.
If he were only appearing on stuffy "news" forums and refused invitations to more casual forums, some would say he was not "real" enough, and too formal and stuffy.... and can't be trusted... blah blah blah.

BUT.... we see from comments here how the others feel if he does try to be more "one of the people".

I say leave the poor guy alone, and be appreciative that you have a "REAL" person who is honest enough to NOT try to be someone else just because SOME people might think that a good president is one that puts on the act everyone wants to see.

Is it the level of respect for the office of president that is important? Or is it the level of respect that a President has for his people? I think that he is showing great respect for ALL people... of every class (not just the ones who think everything has to be "protocol")
And as for dignity? Wow, i can't believe that someone would call a TV appearance on a show that has been around for 55years and has always been one of Americas most watched shows , undignified....LOL. Its not like he is going to go on there and do a pole dance or something!! At least I hope not.

Veevahchef said:
Wow....

I don't think it matters what he does or doesn't do, he can't make everyone happy.
If he were only appearing on stuffy "news" forums and refused invitations to more casual forums, some would say he was not "real" enough, and too formal and stuffy.... and can't be trusted... blah blah blah.

BUT.... we see from comments here how the others feel if he does try to be more "one of the people".

I say leave the poor guy alone, and be appreciative that you have a "REAL" person who is honest enough to NOT try to be someone else just because SOME people might think that a good president is one that puts on the act everyone wants to see.

Is it the level of respect for the office of president that is important? Or is it the level of respect that a President has for his people? I think that he is showing great respect for ALL people... of every class (not just the ones who think everything has to be "protocol")
And as for dignity? Wow, i can't believe that someone would call a TV appearance on a show that has been around for 55years and has always been one of Americas most watched shows , undignified....LOL. Its not like he is going to go on there and do a pole dance or something!! At least I hope not.

As someone else posted - Instead of raising the bar, it's about bringing it down to the lowest common denominator. I thought that a very apt description.

Veevahchef said:
Its not like he is going to go on there and do a pole dance or something!! At least I hope not.

Tee Hee. That makes me laugh. :)

Veevahchef said:
Wow....

Very well said. No, he can't keep everyone happy and he never had a chance to anyway. Some will not even try to give him a chance.

Disagreement doesn't necessarily indicate willful ignorance.

legacypc46 said:
Disagreement doesn't necessarily indicate willful ignorance.

Thank you!

I personally think it is pretty cool. He is a person also. Who doesn't do the NCAA brackets? (I pick according to the location and if I would live there.) If you want to talk politics, wasn't Bush on vacation on vacation like 3 out of his 8 years in office??? Let him be a normal person, like me! He works enough hours a day. It is cool to see that he is a dad, that he can loosen up and have a beer, that he doesn't have to think about this depressing economy every second of the day!

<h2>1. Is President Obama's appearance on 'Tonight Show' a big deal or not?</h2><p>It depends on individual opinions and perspectives. Some may see it as a big deal because it is not common for a sitting president to appear on a late-night talk show. Others may not see it as significant since President Obama has made several appearances on TV shows during his presidency.</p><h2>2. Doesn't our president have better & more important things to be doing?</h2><p>The president's schedule is carefully managed and planned by his team. While some may argue that there are more pressing matters for the president to attend to, it is important for a leader to connect with the public and engage in different platforms, including entertainment shows.</p><h2>3. Why is the president appearing on a show like 'Tonight Show'?</h2><p>The president's appearance on 'Tonight Show' is a way for him to reach a wider audience and connect with people in a more relaxed and casual setting. It also allows him to discuss important issues and policies in a more approachable manner.</p><h2>4. Is this just a publicity stunt?</h2><p>The president's appearance on 'Tonight Show' is not just for the sake of publicity. It is an opportunity for him to communicate with the public and share his thoughts on current events and policies. It also allows him to humanize himself and connect with people in a more personal way.</p><h2>5. Is it appropriate for the president to appear on a late-night talk show?</h2><p>Many believe that it is appropriate for the president to appear on a late-night talk show as it gives him a chance to reach a wide audience and discuss important issues in a more relaxed and entertaining way. However, there may be differing opinions on the appropriateness of this depending on personal beliefs and values.</p>

1. Is President Obama's appearance on 'Tonight Show' a big deal or not?

It depends on individual opinions and perspectives. Some may see it as a big deal because it is not common for a sitting president to appear on a late-night talk show. Others may not see it as significant since President Obama has made several appearances on TV shows during his presidency.

2. Doesn't our president have better & more important things to be doing?

The president's schedule is carefully managed and planned by his team. While some may argue that there are more pressing matters for the president to attend to, it is important for a leader to connect with the public and engage in different platforms, including entertainment shows.

3. Why is the president appearing on a show like 'Tonight Show'?

The president's appearance on 'Tonight Show' is a way for him to reach a wider audience and connect with people in a more relaxed and casual setting. It also allows him to discuss important issues and policies in a more approachable manner.

4. Is this just a publicity stunt?

The president's appearance on 'Tonight Show' is not just for the sake of publicity. It is an opportunity for him to communicate with the public and share his thoughts on current events and policies. It also allows him to humanize himself and connect with people in a more personal way.

5. Is it appropriate for the president to appear on a late-night talk show?

Many believe that it is appropriate for the president to appear on a late-night talk show as it gives him a chance to reach a wide audience and discuss important issues in a more relaxed and entertaining way. However, there may be differing opinions on the appropriateness of this depending on personal beliefs and values.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebbieSAChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
gingertannery
  • chefkristin
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
mbh06
Replies