• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dealing with Unforeseen Challenges Before a Show

In summary, Kristin is going to her show tonight and she is mad because her host told her that 6:30 would be a good time because it's just a crazy time for the family. Kristin also tells the reader that she is always early and that she never arrives an hour early. Kristin also tells the reader that she has a show tomorrow and that her host has also arranged for a representative from WildTree Herbs to be there. Kristin assures the reader that the show will go just fine and that she will bring home dishes because her husband does the dishes.
chefkristin
Gold Member
So I have a show tonight. I talked to my host last night and she went nuts on me. Her show is at 7. I told her I would be there at 6 to set up. Well she preceeds to tell me that 6:30 would be better becasue 6 is just a crazy time for the family. So I will have to be like Speed Gonzalez to set my stuff up.

Ok fine I can deal with that.....Then she tells me (THE NIGHT BEFORE) that there will also be a rep from WildTree Herbs there so she will be set up in another room! HELLO!!!!! We sell spices!!!! I think this will definitely lower my sales even if they weren't out to buy spices to begin with. I am so mad and I don't even want to go tonight. Plus it sounds like she isn't even going to have many people there. One of her guests is the WildTree Herb lady. Should I play sick and cancel???? I AM SO MAD!!!!! :mad: :eek: :mad:

Last edited:
NO...Do Not cancel, whatever you make is more than if you didnt have a show! You never know what might happen, she might get you bookings or maybe she'll give you a nice order as well, but if you cancel....you get NOTHING!;) HTH

I met a Wild Tree Herbs rep at a school vendor night...she told me she uses MANY of our products. I think they have some flavored oils that she demos in our spritzer. The prep bowls for tasting and I can't remember what else...Good Luck!!!

Kristin- How did it go?

SillyChef said:
Kristin- How did it go?
I don't know it is tonight.LOL!

OH! lol. Opps. I should go to bed. :D I think it will turn out just fine. Good luck!

I'm sorry Kristin! Good Luck tonight! ;)

Go - show them all our wonderful products and they will buy OUR stuff!! She may sell herbs but she doesn't sell STONEWARE!!
You'll do GREAT!

Look at your pink star Carolyn! Man, I want one now. We were neck and neck a month ago! Oh well, I won't be on much this weekend so no pink star for another month!:rolleyes:

I never arrive an hour early, (& I always have extra time to mingle with the guests) I think setting up in 30 minutes will be good for you. You will work more efficiently because you have to.
I teach my recruits to be considerate of the hosts time. Do you stay to do your dishes there too? That would be a big turn off to me if I were wanting to book to know you arrived that early.

Teresa Lynn said:
I never arrive an hour early, (& I always have extra time to mingle with the guests) I think setting up in 30 minutes will be good for you. You will work more efficiently because you have to.
I teach my recruits to be considerate of the hosts time. Do you stay to do your dishes there too? That would be a big turn off to me if I were wanting to book to know you arrived that early.

I always arrive an hour early, and have been doing so since I started. I would be stressed and out of sorts if I only gave myself 30 minutes to get ready and that would show up in my presentation.

It's not inconsiderate, I'm busy doing my thing and I tell the Host to just keep on doing whatver he/she needs to do. I don't need to be hovered over and when I'm ready, I can assist the Host with any last minute arrangements he/she has to complete.

Teresa Lynn said:
No, I bring my dishes home for my husband to wash. LOL!

I am going, Who knows maybe it will turn out fine.

I"m sure it will go fine Kristin! Especially with our stone sale:) Good luck & let us know how it goes!

Kristin,

I know it's frustrating to not be told or asked. People sometimes just don't get it! I have done a few combined shows and I know my sales have always been much higher than the other consultant so I wouldn't worry too much. Hopefully her guests know that they are coming to two shows and can plan accordingly. Just be prepared for any bookings and people thinking this is the way you always do shows. That happened with one of my combined parties and everyone there who booked wanted to do a combined show as well. Luckily the other consultant was on the same page as me and we were able to work it out with future hostesses to do separate shows.

I also was told last Sept. that I would be sharing the night with a jewelry lady, the show was an hour away. Everyone did not buy from me, nor her & I still wound up with a 600.00 show....:D You'll be fine!;)

I have done lots of combined shows. The trick is to make it about the host and don't let the other consultant over shadow you. Work it out ahead how the demos will go. For example, I did one with tasefully simple and she made her recipes ahead of time with PC products and then I incorporated one of her mixes in my demo recipe. We both had great sales and bookings.

Yes, go!!! I like Wildtree Herbs, but from my experience with hosting their shows, they don't get a lot of sales anyway. I had 11 people at my WH show and barely got $200 in sales!!

It sucks that she didn't tell you in advance so you can work out your demo. Like Beth, I've done joint shows with TS that have gone really well because we both tailored our demos--I made Bananas Foster Stir Fry over TS Almond Pound Cake and she used some of my SA things to pass around her things to taste.

Just go and have fun! PC is much more well known, anyway, so I'm sure there are plenty of ladies who can't wait to see what you bring!

Kristin,

Go make the best of it and you will succeed! Yes, it would have been nice to know ahead of time about competing with sales but our products should over shadow theirs. I've worked with a TS rep and we were able to do it and I got a $1000 show and she had about $400 in sales. But we knew each other and agreed together to do this for the host when the host booked her show.

I think it should be a courtesy of the host to find out how you feel about sharing the spotlight with someone else.

Do you have a clue of when this other rep will be arriving or phone number so you can work out who goes first,etc?

Well, you are probably getting ready to go out the door but... make sure you make friends w/ the Herb Lady... who knows~ maybe you could exchange shows or recruit her!! and there is always a bright side~ like the host not having the nerve to let her be in the same room as you! :0

Thanks all for your positive comments. I am leaving in about 15 minutes. I am just going to go. Nothing to loose. I will let you all know how it turns out!
I am doing a Home Show on Sunday so hopefully that will generate more bookings too!

Well I just got back from my show and it ended at $330.00 which isn't great but its not bad. I did a quickie demo too. The husbands were all there too. Very strange party.

Well, $330 gets you 660 points...not too bad! How did the other consultant do with sales..any idea?? How strange was it? I'm curious..

I always arrive 30 minutes ahead of show time and I'm ALWAYS rushing and panicked and late to start the show. I'm really not willing to change it to an hour ahead, but I think you're ok to do it if the time works for you.

pcchris said:
Well, $330 gets you 660 points...not too bad! How did the other consultant do with sales..any idea?? How strange was it? I'm curious..
It would have been really hard to do a regular demo because some of the people were in with the Wildtree lady and everyone was talking. So I just told them a little about why I started went over a few of my favorite products, told them about the business and offered to answer any questions and called it a show. I didn't get into a lot of stuff that I normally would have. They were a talkative group.

That stinks that you both had to compete at the same time with the crowd. It would have been so much better if you each had a turn.

Well, I don't think it would bother me to share a show, but I would like to have more than one day to plan! It's almost like she was afraid to tell you so she just waited until last min. and just mentioned it. I am glad you did good. I don't know if I would personally feel comfortable having two shows at one b/c I'd feel like I was pressuring my family/friends to buy a lot. I try to space out my home shows for that reason too.

Related to Dealing with Unforeseen Challenges Before a Show

1. How should I handle unexpected technical difficulties during a show?

If you encounter technical difficulties during a show, it's important to stay calm and try to troubleshoot the issue. If it's a problem with your equipment, see if there is a back-up plan or alternative way to present your products. If the issue is with the venue's technology, try to work with the staff to resolve it as quickly as possible. If necessary, be prepared to improvise and continue the show in a different way.

2. What should I do if a key ingredient or product is missing from my kit?

If you realize that a key ingredient or product is missing from your kit before a show, contact your manager or the customer service team immediately. They may be able to provide a replacement or suggest a substitute. If the missing item is not essential, you can also consider adjusting your presentation to focus on other products or recipes.

3. How can I handle unexpected interruptions or distractions during a show?

If you experience interruptions or distractions during a show, it's important to acknowledge them and address them as quickly as possible. This could mean pausing your presentation to handle a phone call or addressing a noisy audience member. Try to remain professional and stay focused on your presentation, but also be flexible and willing to adapt if necessary.

4. What if I run out of time during a show?

If you find yourself running out of time during a show, prioritize the most important parts of your presentation and focus on those. You can also consider skipping certain sections or recipes if necessary. It's better to end on time and leave a good impression, rather than rushing through your presentation and potentially making mistakes.

5. How should I handle unforeseen personal emergencies before a show?

If you have a personal emergency before a show, communicate with your manager or team as soon as possible. They may be able to make arrangements for someone else to cover the show or reschedule if necessary. It's important to prioritize your well-being and take care of any personal matters before trying to focus on work.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ginamkiely
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
dwyerkim
  • lt1jane
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • gailz2