• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Beware of Charge Cards That Don't Go Through

In summary, a customer's debit card did not go through on one of my shows, and after calling HO, it was discovered that the show was on hold and the charge was taken from my debit account instead.
gailz2
Gold Member
RANT/WARNING: Keep track of your Debit AccountsI am absolutely fuming!!! I had a customers debit card not go through. I called the HO after re-entering it and seeing it was still on hold. I had her enter it again on the phone and she aid it went through. Later that day someone from HO called and said the show was on hold (after I'd been reassured it had gone through). I said that it had been taken care of.

Now, the customer just called to see how come it still did not hit her account. I called HO and they said it takes 4-6 bus. days, which it has been. After getting her to check all charges from that show, low and behold, this ladies charge had not gone through onto her account, but was taken from my debit account!!! I can hardly speak I'm so mad to think this goes on. She assured me they would not do that without my permission.

HELLO, I gave no permission!!! :mad::mad:I apologized to her that I wasn't meaning to take it out on her as I doubt she did it. My file shows I gave permission. I, unfortunately, do not keep a close, close eye on what transactions hit my debit account, I had no idea HO would do this to me.

She asked if I wanted a supervisor to call and I said yes. I am soooooo mad and just want to warn others this may happen to you. The amount was $48, and if the customer hadn't called me to check on it, I wouldn't have known!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:
Wow, I can't believe they would do that! I usually do the resolution for my CC's online.

I did it on-line initially, but then noticed the show still wasn't moving along with the shipping, so I called and they said it was still on hold (which I hadn't been made aware of). That is when she entered the number for me and said it went through, to my customer's account. But aha, it really went to mine!!! I still have not heard back from "the supervisor".

Sounds like there may have been confusion between the words "debit card" and "credit card." Maybe since we only accept Visa/MC/AMEX/Discover, when you called the person helping you thought you meant your PC debit card if you said to charge the "debit card." HO can't tell if the Visa on the customer's order is a debit card or a credit card based on the number.

Just a thought, although I know it doesn't help much.

Oh there was no confusion, trust me. It was clear when I gave the number verbally over the phone that the card belonged to the customer. Never at all was it indicated it would come from my account if her card didn't go through the second time. Nor was I ever informed that it happened. Her card is a combination credit/debit card, and I believe it was Visa.

I hope that it was a misunderstanding and not somebody not following the proper procedures.

I had an issue with a customer's debit card on one of my very first shows. HO said that when you submit shows through P3, all cards are automatically processed as "credit" cards. When I called the customer, they had me ask if it was "debit" or "credit". The customer said "debit". When I called HO back, the rep explained that the debit cards have to be run manually through the finance department as a "debit" card for the bank to approve the authorization. They sent the request to the finance department and it cleared.

So now I ask every customer who pays with a card and make a notation "CC" or "DC" on their order form. That way, if it comes back as declined I already know that it's a debit card issue and can call HO directly (without having to bother the customer) & let them know that the customer's card is a debit card.

What happens if a charge card doesn't go through?

If a charge card does not go through, it means that the transaction cannot be completed. This could be due to insufficient funds, incorrect card information, or a declined charge by the card issuer.

What should I do if my charge card doesn't go through?

If your charge card doesn't go through, you should first double check that all the information entered is correct. If everything is correct and the card still does not go through, you may need to contact your bank or credit card company to resolve any issues with your account.

Can I still make a purchase if my charge card doesn't go through?

In most cases, if your charge card does not go through, you will not be able to complete the transaction. However, some stores may offer alternative forms of payment such as cash or another credit card.

Why would a charge card not go through even if I have enough funds?

There are several reasons why a charge card may not go through even if you have enough funds. It could be due to a daily spending limit set by your bank, a hold on your card for suspicious activity, or an issue with the card issuer. It is best to contact your bank or credit card company for more information.

How can I prevent my charge card from not going through in the future?

To prevent your charge card from not going through in the future, make sure to keep track of your spending and ensure that you have enough funds before making a purchase. Also, regularly check your card information to make sure it is up-to-date and contact your bank or credit card company if you notice any issues.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
RebelChef
  • gailz2
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • kaseydee
  • General Chat
Replies