• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Oops! I Forgot the Cookware at My First Show!

and the accompanying dish(s) are. I also take a picture of the recipe with my phone so I can refer to it while I'm cooking.When I'm going to do a new recipe, I sit down with the cookbook and a catalog and I go through and list all the things that'll I'll need to bring. Play a little movie in your mind so you don't forget to add things to your list like "cutting board". You can also come up with cross selling ideas during this time and include those items on your list.
Christ Follower
Gold Member
I can't believe it!!! I did my FIRST show since the new catalog came out tongiht and I FORGOT THE COOKWARE!!! :eek: :eek: MY recipe didn't use it and for whatever reason, I went insane and forgot it! I ALWAYS bring at least the saute pan and was planning on bringing both tonight to show the difference. Plus, of course it's the cookware special so I was for sure going to bring the family size skillet. No wonder I didn't sell any cookware or get a September booking! :cry: :cry: :cry:

ARRRRRGGGHHH!!! :cry: I'm so mad at myself right now!:mad: At least I have 5 more shows this month to try to make up for it. Better luck tomorrow!:rolleyes:

Ellen... it's okay... We always forget something. What about calling the guests and mentioning something about how you'd love to try out this great x recipe using the fantastic cookware that is on sale this month on them... would they be interested in having you and a few friends over? And Ellen, just think things could be worse... at least you had a show to forget to bring cookware to :D

GourmetGirl said:
Ellen... it's okay... We always forget something. What about calling the guests and mentioning something about how you'd love to try out this great x recipe using the fantastic cookware that is on sale this month on them... would they be interested in having you and a few friends over? And Ellen, just think things could be worse... at least you had a show to forget to bring cookware to :D

Yes, I was happy to have a show in the first place, you're right.

I asked everyone there if they wanted to have a party. I think I will get up enough nerve this time to ask the outside orderers (is that a word?) if they want to host.....

On the plus side, at least I didn't NEED the cookware for the recipe!

Christ Follower said:
On the plus side, at least I didn't NEED the cookware for the recipe!

That's the way to look at it Ellen! If it makes you feel better I went to get my food chopper for a recipe at a show last month, and realized I left it at home... here I was talking about our must have piece, and I didn't have it! Granted I wasn't trying to sell choppers to earn one for free at the time, but it was a pretty big item to forget!

You could do MAC calls, thanking them for coming. Then mention that the cookware is on sale, in case anyone had been eyeing that page.

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

I did tell them about it, but it's one thing to hear about it and another thing for them to actually see and touch it. Live and learn I guess.

Since I do not use either of my Saute pans in my kitchen I jsut keep them in my kit!! But I have forgot them before...... But I mulled through it.... I have gotten where I make a list of everything that Ineed tobring with me!!

mommyhugz1978 said:
I have gotten where I make a list of everything that Ineed tobring with me!!

I am very much a list oriented person. I would forget my head sometimes if it wasn't attached. I make a list of products that I need to take with me.

I try to make a list, then I usually forget something. I figure if I have what I need for the demo, catalogs, and orderforms I'm okay.

I look at the recipe and go through the show in my mind as I'm packing up my stuff but "extras" like the pans sometimes get left out. I was so proud of myself for bringing all the cookbooks and didn't sell one cookbook!

I have a spiral notebook where each page is different recipe and all the tools needed to create that recipe are listed. I put check marks (now in a variety of colors for all the times of repeated recipes) next to the items as I set them out to be packed.

When I'm going to do a new recipe, I sit down with the cookbook and a catalog and I go through and list all the things that'll I'll need to bring. Play a little movie in your mind so you don't forget to add things to your list like "cutting board". You can also come up with cross selling ideas during this time and include those items on your list.

There are many times I use a different (i.e. more expensive) tool to prepare a recipe than is called for in the cookbook. This is the time when I figure out what those tools will be and put them on the list.

chefjeanine said:
I have a spiral notebook where each page is different recipe and all the tools needed to create that recipe are listed. I put check marks (now in a variety of colors for all the times of repeated recipes) next to the items as I set them out to be packed.

When I'm going to do a new recipe, I sit down with the cookbook and a catalog and I go through and list all the things that'll I'll need to bring. Play a little movie in your mind so you don't forget to add things to your list like "cutting board". You can also come up with cross selling ideas during this time and include those items on your list.

Good idea. That would force me to get organized......

1. What should I do if I forget to bring cookware to my first Pampered Chef show?

Don't worry, we've got you covered! Just let your guests know ahead of time that you will be using alternative cookware or utensils. You can also reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant for suggestions on what to use instead.

2. Will forgetting my cookware affect my sales at the show?

Not necessarily. While having the right cookware can enhance the demonstration and make it easier to sell products, our products are high-quality and can still be demonstrated effectively with alternative cookware.

3. Can I borrow cookware from someone else at the show?

Yes, you can definitely ask other consultants or hosts if they have any extra cookware you can borrow. You can also reach out to your consultant or host to see if they have any extra cookware available.

4. What if I don't have any alternative cookware to use?

If you don't have any alternative cookware, you can still demonstrate the products using other methods such as showing pictures or videos, or simply talking about the features and benefits of the products. You can also reach out to your consultant for suggestions on how to handle this situation.

5. How can I prevent forgetting my cookware for future shows?

To prevent this from happening in the future, it's a good idea to create a checklist of all the items you need to bring to your shows. You can also have a designated bag or container specifically for your Pampered Chef items to make it easier to remember. And don't forget to double check before leaving for the show!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Jen1409
Replies
Views
chefmeg
  • babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies