• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

No Bookings at My Show- What Went Wrong?

In summary, the host had a smaller show with fewer guests and no bookings, despite advertising and promoting the show. The host suggests that they ask the guests for constructive criticism after the show.
pc_jessica
I just got back from a show...8 guests...$244 in sales...but NO BOOKINGS:yuck:. This is my first show with out getting ANY bookings! I don't know what I did wrong/different. I am just at a total loss. No one even seemed interested. Ugh...I needed bookings too! At least I already have a few things on my calendar for the rest of this month but still...just at a loss of what I did wrong. :cry:

Oh and this is my smallest show ever! Normally they are way over $400 I must have done something completely wrong or something.

(((hugs))) There's no way for us to know if it was something that you did or just a crowd of people who were there to support the host, but not really into the product. You know?I suggest that you ask the host when closing the show for constructive criticism. Perhaps the host can give you some suggestions for what you could have done to entice the crowd more???

I wouldn't read to much into it, it does happen!

Don't read too much into it! We ALL have that kind of a show once in a while. I had a show of $150 and no bookings once. I was PISSED because I worked so hard but then the next show- I had a lot of bookings. I realized that I cannot let that one show bother me. I did ask some why they were not interested- Most of them say they have already hosted a show this year and rather wait until next year. I gave them my information and they did say they would contact me to set up a show. I will contact them also. What you can do is when you do the customer care calls- ask the guests for constructive criticism AFTER doing the business opportunity, hosting opportunity, etc. Explain to them that you are new and want to know what you can do to improve your show. I did that and that HELPED me tremendously.Hope this helps!

Those shows happen, and it's not necessarily anything you've done - you just move on. The next show could be $1000, with 5 bookings!

Don't worry--you've only been with PC for 2 months. Things like that will happen. I didn't get ANY bookings until my 10th show! The important thing is, don't stress and don't try to overcompensate.

I wouldn't worry too much about a poor show. If it's a few in a row, it may be something you are doing. Otherwise, they may have all just been to a show or know another consultant (trying to be loyal) or just didn't want to shop (it DOES happen). I would follow up with them and just see if they are enjoying their product or need anything.

If you have a website, tell them about the outlet. Plus, not everyone tells YOU that they are interested in having a show so you never know.

ChefBeckyD said:
Those shows happen, and it's not necessarily anything you've done - you just move on. The next show could be $1000, with 5 bookings!

Or $200 with 5 bookings! You never really know!

wadesgirl said:
Or $200 with 5 bookings! You never really know!

LOL - True, very true, Alison!

If you have done 12 shows, and this is the first without a booking, consider yourself,
better than most of us. That is an awesome streak of success. I can remember having no shows cancel during my first six months, and wondering why folks were having that kind of thing happen to them. The very next morning, a Mom with Home Schooled kids did not show, and never answered or returned my calls, when I tried to follow-up. Had I not gone to the Cluster meeting the night before, I would have taken that NO SHOW, much harder.

Keep up your goal setting and reaching it. Congratulations. I must say that I have had
shows that did not make the $150 minimum - at least you had over $200!

Here is the other thing to remember. You just have to "buck-up". It is just one show. I would bet it had nothing to do with you at all. The sales average was down for you, the bookings were nill. I would have to say it was them. And yes, it does happen. I have had $1000 parties but get no bookings. I have had $200 parties and get 2 or more. Some people are buyers. Some are savers. Some are "obligation" attendees. You had "obligation" attendees and buyers. They were only there because they felt they needed to be. Not because they had any real interest in Pampered Chef. And no, you will never get an honest response from them on that one.

I'm with the others. It most likely wasn't anything to do with you. When I first started I struggled with the same thing. I dealt with it by readjusting my definition of a successful show. Now if everyone has a good time and at least one person learns something it's a success. I do my best at every show. Beyond that, I have no real control over sales or bookings. Fun and informative I have control over.

Thanks for all your encouragment! It helped! I was just totally bummed last night, and went over the whole show in my head over and over and realized that these guests must have just been there because they felt they needed to be there for the host, it was just family that came no friends or anything. I did do a full service checkout with each customer and when I asked them about hosting every single one of them said 'oh no that isn't for me' or something along those lines. However some did say they wanted a catalog when we bring out our new product in the spring. Here is a good thing! For the demo we did fruit cabobs with two fruit dips from the "All the Best' cookbook...I sold 6 of those!! So I know they liked the demo and the food at least!! Again thanks for your words they helped!!

Sometimes it just helps to know you're not alone.

Jessica I am newer and have been down your road. Even 2 weeks ago I had a show that was $1349 in sales and only ONE booking. I thought, "ONE?!?!?!? What the heck?!?!?" I've come to conclude numbers mean nothing and also don't take it personally. I have had a show with 5 people where 4 out of 5 booked a show and then this show had 19 in attendance and 11 outside orders and that one lone booking. I had many compliments at the end of my show at how well I do espec for being so new so I know it wasn't me - just like they said above...sometimes it just doesn't pan out.

In this case, a spin on the ketchup adage would be...Take the ketchup to the next table and see if they'd like some. :)

1. Why didn't anyone book a show at my Pampered Chef party?

There could be a few reasons for this. It could be that your guests were not interested in hosting a show at this time or they may have already recently hosted one. It's also possible that you did not effectively communicate the benefits of hosting a show or offer enticing incentives for booking.

2. What should I do if I don't get any bookings at my party?

First, don't panic! It's important to follow up with your guests after the party to remind them of the benefits of hosting a show and offer any remaining incentives. You can also reach out to potential hosts who were not able to attend the party and offer to do a virtual party or a one-on-one cooking demonstration with them.

3. How can I improve my chances of getting bookings at my party?

Make sure you are effectively promoting the benefits of hosting a show, such as earning free and discounted products, trying out new recipes, and having a fun and interactive experience with friends. You can also offer special incentives for booking at the party, such as a free product or extra host rewards.

4. Is it normal to not get any bookings at a Pampered Chef party?

Yes, it is common to not get any bookings at a party. Keep in mind that not everyone is able or willing to host a show at the time of your party. Don't get discouraged and continue to reach out to potential hosts and promote the benefits of hosting.

5. What can I do to prevent this from happening at future parties?

Be sure to set clear expectations with your guests when inviting them to the party. Let them know that you will be offering information about hosting a show and that there will be special incentives for booking. Also, make sure you are effectively promoting the benefits of hosting a show throughout the party and following up with guests after the party to remind them of the opportunity.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
christinaspc
  • brandynichoal
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • iteachncook
  • General Chat
Replies