• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

theTotally Taboo Political Poll...

In summary, the conversation revolves around the upcoming election and voting. Some individuals have already voted early, while others plan to vote on election day. Many express frustration with the constant political ads and phone calls. Some parents share funny stories about their children's thoughts on politics. Overall, there is a sense of weariness and acknowledgement that it will take more than one administration to make significant changes.

Who will you be voting for tomorrow

• John McCain

Votes: 104 62.3%
  • Barack Obama

Votes: 53 31.7%
  • Other Person

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • I cannot vote

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
janetupnorth
Gold Member
So, I'm curious how CS is overall. Both sides have many that "speak up" but I'm curious with how we rate compared to what the media portrays.

This is a hidden poll, names will not be shown.

PLEASE refrain from commenting on here or "campaigning" for one candidate or the other...leave that for the other threads.

Thank you!

Hmm...when I did my vote, it just told me I had already voted! That's strange!

I voted last week during early voting. I don't want to have to deal with the drama tomorrow. I'm sure it's going to be a bit crazy! Tensions are already so high.

pcchefjane said:
Hmm...when I did my vote, it just told me I had already voted! That's strange!

It says that as soon as you vote, so that you can't vote again.

My DD and I are going to vote after we get up and get out with the kids (2 yo and 12 week old). Since I lived down the road 5 miles until just 3 weeks ago, I will vote in a different place than my DD & SIL. Didn't want to try to fool with changing my registration so close to election since I just registered in September anyway! My SIL will vote on his way home from work! We kept talking about voting early but never got around to it!

my bff & I are tag teaming daycare for the kids so we can both go stand in the long lines~~~I am planning on bringing a book & a chair!

I voted early last Monday b/c I'm going to be an election judge tomorrow. I'm ready for a busy day! It starts at 5:00 a.m. yawn - my Nat'l Meeting Night is an hour away!

thanks janet! i was thinking about doing something like this just to see what it would be like if cheffers ran the country ;) ;) ;)

Keep in mind that MANY cheffers are staying far far away from any thread that has politics in it. I took a chance on this. Personally, I can not wait until the flyers, the phone calls, the stupid commercials and the news have something else to report on. (Have I forgotten any other irritation? There are so many!!)I don't care who wins...it is going to take any administration more than four years to turn things in another direction. Big job ahead for all of our politicians at all levels of government despite beliefs or party affiliation.

baychef said:
Keep in mind that MANY cheffers are staying far far away from any thread that has politics in it. I took a chance on this. Personally, I can not wait until the flyers, the phone calls, the stupid commercials and the news have something else to report on. (Have I forgotten any other irritation? There are so many!!)I don't care who wins...it is going to take any administration more than four years to turn things in another direction. Big job ahead for all of our politicians at all levels of government despite beliefs or party affiliation.

Forgot one........the banging on the door during dinner to poll you. I swear they are getting worse than answering the door to Jehovah Witnesses LOL

Well, my 3 year old DD was talking today and she said, "I approve this message", I about peed my pants laughing so hard!! That shows how ridiculous and over the top all the commercials and phone messages are getting!

LOL My little sister (age 8) was having her birthday party yesterday and you should have heard these 3rd graders talking about politics it was wild!!!!!

baychef said:
I don't care who wins...it is going to take any administration more than four years to turn things in another direction. Big job ahead for all of our politicians at all levels of government despite beliefs or party affiliation.

Sooo true!

DS came home from school today with an "I Voted" sticker on his shirt. Said that they voted for the president in school today. I asked him who he voted for and he said he voted for both! He thinks they both look like nice people, but he thinks Barak Obama has a cool name... :rolleyes: you have to also remember that he is 6...

Try 1st graders! I teach 1st grade some of the things the kids have said would make you want to pee your pants. It's amazing some of the things that kids pick up from their parents. Two of my kiddos got into a heated discussion about how our taxes could be raised if someone is elected. What do 6 year olds know about taxes??? The best though is when they say "My parents want to know who you are voting for?". I tell them I don't even tell my hubby.

Kattyschack said:
Try 1st graders! I teach 1st grade some of the things the kids have said would make you want to pee your pants. It's amazing some of the things that kids pick up from their parents. Two of my kiddos got into a heated discussion about how our taxes could be raised if someone is elected. What do 6 year olds know about taxes??? The best though is when they say "My parents want to know who you are voting for?". I tell them I don't even tell my hubby.

yep - DS is in first grade...he's still bugging me to buy Debbie Myers Green Bags b/c they are supposed to make lettuce last a long time. LOL

I think the best though is what parents believe is happening at school. we had a parent once accuse one of our 1st grade teachers of teaching about incest. The teacher wasn't sure if the parents were joking or not but finally realized that the were serious and very upset. The teacher politely told them that we weren't teaching about incest, but we were teaching about insects! Bugs, creepy crawly thingsLOL! This is why I always tell my parents that I will believe 80% of what their child says happens at home if they believe 80% of what the child says happens at school.

chefshawna said:
Well, my 3 year old DD was talking today and she said, "I approve this message", I about peed my pants laughing so hard!! That shows how ridiculous and over the top all the commercials and phone messages are getting!
That's funny!

Bump - just for sheer curiosity. ;)

That is cute ....

I've sensed all along that this is in general, a more conservative crowd and the poll reflects that.

Whoever you support, VOTE. Today I talked to a host's daughter, a young woman voting in her first election. She said she wasn't too excited about it. I said whoever you vote for, VOTE. She is the daughter of Russian immigrants and I said that if her great-grandmother had been in this country, she would not have had the right she enjoys today.

Her mom said, "Plus there's issues. Issues are important. They can vote for me. I have lots of issues!"

About a week ago, there was a mock election at a junior high school in the community.It's what happened at the election that has me shaking my head, wondering whether to laugh or to cry. Students had to show their school photo ID to vote! If only we had to show photo ID in the real election.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
About a week ago, there was a mock election at a junior high school in the community.

It's what happened at the election that has me shaking my head, wondering whether to laugh or to cry. Students had to show their school photo ID to vote!

If only we had to show photo ID in the real election.

We do here...but then again, we don't have ACORN.:eek:

My kids vote at school tomorrow. They have to show their school id's, too. They are also having a contest for the most patriotic looking person. It's red white and blue day. Maybe, I'll post my silly child's picture.

TKG, you don't have to show any kind of ID? Do they check off on a list that you voted? We have to show either our Voter Registration Card, or our ID, then they look through the list and mark you off, so you can't vote twice.

Nope - not here. We have to show a photo ID to write a check, buy liquor (seriously, do I look like I'm 20 trying to pass for 21?) and now there are libraries that are requiring photo ID's to check out books.But our illustrious governor, Diamond Jim Doyle ("The Best Governor Money Can Buy") vetoed the photo ID bill because it would "...disenfranchise voters." ACORN is operating at full speed here - I can tell you the results of the election here already. In 2004, we had precincts reporting more votes cast than they had registered voters - but Diamond Jim assures us everything is above board. We have government officials refusing to enforce the federal law that requires cross-checking of new registrations to the drivers' license records, and an attorney general who is doing nothing about it.

I may be on the left of many issues, but it makes me crazy that we don't have to show a photo ID.

We show ID in our state. Acorn may have registered some people to vote, but that doesn't mean that even if they make up names that they can show up.

That's scary they don't have to show ID. Someone could register 10 people and have the person change clothes and go to 10 preciencts to vote! This is the first time I vote in my new town and I have to show photo ID along with my voter registration!

Here you need the registration card for sure. I can't remember if I needed my license or not. I don't remember.

what is acorn?

susanr613 said:
what is acorn?

This is ACORN:

http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=NDZiMjkwMDczZWI5ODdjOWYxZTIzZGIyNzEyMjE0ODI=

pamperedlinda said:
yep - DS is in first grade...he's still bugging me to buy Debbie Myers Green Bags b/c they are supposed to make lettuce last a long time. LOL

I use those bags! They have my vote! LOL

I am babysitting my nephew who is 2nd grade & they also voted for president yesterday. But they voted based on whos cookies they liked better....Michelle Obama made shortbread & cindy McCain made Butterscoych Oatmeal

He said he like McCains Cookie better. Not sure wher the cookies came from, but I thought it was cute

That clip is TRULY adorable!

I voted - only had to wait 30 minutes.

We have to show photo ID in Indiana.

chefshawna said:

LOVE THIS!!!! I can't wait to share this with my friends and family!!

Any Fluffy...you live in a place that I recognize from tv reports so you must be getting terrorized!! Glad I live in the sticks!!

I timed my voting very carefully...of course, I am in the sticks. No lines no waiting.

We have to give our signature. I wouldn't care if I had to show my photo id. To me when they are running around with hundreds of peoples signatures, all they need to do is a computer search and ID theft id born.

Last edited:
Took me a total of about 8 mins to go through the whole process of voting this morning at 9:20am. It would have been faster if it wasn't a fill in the oval ballot. lol We are asked to see our id here too.

We don't show id here either...just sign our name by our printed name and the nice volunteer initials it. I live in a small town but I don't know everyone here anymore. I used to know everyone, but we have had a lot of move-ins. On another note...our son got to vote for the very first time today. He drove in from college last night...a little over an hours drive...just so he could get up early today and vote.

I voted months ago via absentee. The votes here in Guam don't technically count, so I did a absentee from CT, where we lived before moving here. I'm so glad I was able to vote via absentee. I really can't wait til it's all over.

susanr613 said:
what is acorn?
It's the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN) and it's probably the largest, far-left, radical group in America.One of their functions is to register voters, and they pay people to go out and have people register to vote. The employees get paid per registration and they have a quota - if you don't get X number of names in a day, you're out. As a result, employees have been known to just make up names and addresses as voters. One guy listed the names of the starting lineup of the offensive line of the Dallas Cowboys.The organization operates locally and, as a result, has a low national profile and that's just the way they want it. The fact that you don't even know who they are is an indication of how the media has pretty much let them operate with impunity.Indiana Secretary of State has said that at least 1,400 registrations in Lake County, brought in by ACORN, violate Indiana law. Link: http://www.wthr.com/Global/story.asp?S=9292708&nav=9Tai. The Lake County operation is run from the Milwaukee office. Lake County represents 16% of the vote in Indiana.

Well, in my state, two people looked at my ID and I had to sign. My friends who voted absentee had to provide their driver's license number on a separate piece of paper. The ballot itself is sealed in a separate envelope. So when they open your ballot, if nothing checks out on the ID form, the sealed ballot is discarded.

In other words, if Mickey Mouse and Margaret Thatcher are registered to vote, that doesn't mean they can cast a ballot.

Di_Can_Cook said:
Well, in my state, two people looked at my ID and I had to sign. My friends who voted absentee had to provide their driver's license number on a separate piece of paper. The ballot itself is sealed in a separate envelope. So when they open your ballot, if nothing checks out on the ID form, the sealed ballot is discarded.

In other words, if Mickey Mouse and Margaret Thatcher are registered to vote, that doesn't mean they can cast a ballot.

they can if they have ID

Related to theTotally Taboo Political Poll...

1. What is the purpose of the Totally Taboo Political Poll?

The purpose of the Totally Taboo Political Poll is to gather opinions and insights from members of the CS community about the current political climate and how it compares to the portrayal in the media.

2. Why is this poll hidden and anonymous?

This poll is hidden and anonymous to promote honest and unbiased responses from participants. By keeping names hidden, individuals may feel more comfortable sharing their true thoughts and opinions without fear of judgement or backlash.

3. Will the results of this poll be made public?

The results of this poll will not be made public. They are solely for the purpose of personal curiosity and will not be used for any official or public purposes.

4. Can I share my personal views on this poll?

No, we ask that participants refrain from commenting or campaigning for any specific candidate on this poll. This is to ensure that the results remain unbiased and do not sway others' opinions.

5. How do I participate in the Totally Taboo Political Poll?

To participate, simply answer the questions provided honestly and without bias. Your responses will be used to gather insights about the CS community and the current political climate.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• peichef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
peichef
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • janetupnorth
  • General Chat
2 3