• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

theNext Food Network Star Winner Is ....

Me too -- he is good eye candy! ;)There was just something (IMHO) that Lisa was snotty and I didn't like her from the beginning, I enjoyed things she was able to share, but she seemed to think "she was better than everyone else"
DessertDivaFL
Gold Member
Aaron McCargo Jr!

I am so excited he won. Did anyone else watch the finale last night?

I missed it! Darn it! Do you know when they'll run it again?
God bless,
Amanda

jesusluvsu2005 said:
I missed it! Darn it! Do you know when they'll run it again?
God bless,
Amanda

July 31 at 9pm

Thanks! I'll try to catch it then.

DessertDivaFL said:
Aaron McCargo Jr!

I am so excited he won. Did anyone else watch the finale last night?

I am not excited at all that he won. I haven't liked him all season. The producers/panel wanted him to win and that's why they allowed 3 people into the final. Had they based things on the previous challenge, they would have eliminated Aaron. Heck, I can't even understand half of what he says because he tends to mumble when he speaks.

I'm not a fan of the whole "not voting" thing. If it was going to be the producers/panel all along who picked things, then why even do a show?

leftymac said:
I am not excited at all that he won. I haven't liked him all season. The producers/panel wanted him to win and that's why they allowed 3 people into the final. Had they based things on the previous challenge, they would have eliminated Aaron. Heck, I can't even understand half of what he says because he tends to mumble when he speaks.

I'm not a fan of the whole "not voting" thing. If it was going to be the producers/panel all along who picked things, then why even do a show?

I understand your points, especially the "not voting" part. I am assuming that they got feedback from the public that the last time they did the voting was not fair. I didn't think Amy should have won as she was eliminated and brought back to run against Rory. Rory would have stuck with her show but Amy didn't and went off to France.

BTW - If I was doing a cooking demo on camera, I would be so nervous that I am sure I would mumble! ;)

DessertDivaFL said:
I understand your points, especially the "not voting" part. I am assuming that they got feedback from the public that the last time they did the voting was not fair. I didn't think Amy should have won as she was eliminated and brought back to run against Rory. Rory would have stuck with her show but Amy didn't and went off to France.

BTW - If I was doing a cooking demo on camera, I would be so nervous that I am sure I would mumble! ;)

I agree about the voting -- Amy was pretty awful anyway. Rory would've been much better.

Congrats to him for winning; I would have much preferred Adam's or Lisa's show, though. :(

leftymac said:

My husband said the exact same thing.

I could not STAND Lisa the first couple of episodes, but wound up really liking her toward the middle/end of the season and I was hoping she would win. I think she had the most creativity, knowledge and passion for a show. I liked her demo that she did and that proved to me that I would watch her show...I don't know about Aaron, if I will watch it. And I don't think I'd watch Adam's either. I hope they all have great careers though, I think they are all talented.

This was my first year watching it... in the post did you get to vote?
I was not an Aaron fan :( I often felt he didn't talk clear. I was loving Adams chicken last night Yummy!!:thumbup:

I wanted Adam to win. I enjoyed watching him the most!

ChefLisa said:
I wanted Adam to win. I enjoyed watching him the most!

Me too -- he is good eye candy! ;)

There was just something (IMHO) that Lisa was snotty and I didn't like her from the beginning, I enjoyed things she was able to share, but she seemed to think "she was better than everyone else"

I liked both the guys and was glad one of them won. I'd watch either show. I wouldn't have tuned in on reg. basis if it were Lisa who won.

I like Aaron's down homeyness (is that a word?) and I loved the concept of a cooking show with web cam interaction. But could he go anything but BBQ rubs??? I wanted that chicken last night. First time I ever heard of pouring beer into bottom of pan and not leaving in can to steam into chicken, so that was something new.

Lisa

Well I like Aaron - I think he will appeal to the most people and I agree he is most downhome. I understand everything he said and have liked him from day one.

I like Adam and would have been okay if he won. Lisa grew on me - I like her style and clothes and her recipes BUT I just cant stand to watch her. She cant smile and keep her eyes open at the same time! The other thing is she is already successful (not that that really matters). Last night I think she did a very good job on her video and I was worried - until I saw the guys. Hers was boring compared to theirs. They were much more entertaining.

DH and I wanted Adam to win, because we really liked his concept. DH commented that he isn't going to eat collard greens or plantains, so he isn't sure he would watch Aaron (but he Tivo'd his show coming on next Monday at 10:30 am :) ).

This is the first time I have watched it and I think I would watch it again.

pamperedpals said:
DH and I wanted Adam to win, because we really liked his concept. DH commented that he isn't going to eat collard greens or plantains, so he isn't sure he would watch Aaron (but he Tivo'd his show coming on next Monday at 10:30 am :) ).

This is the first time I have watched it and I think I would watch it again.

I didn't know when Aaron's show was coming on, thanks for the info!

I am happy for Aaron, but I did grow to like Adam. His "tripping" stunt on the ship really had me disgusted, but he was the most watchable I think. I could not stand Lisa and I think she has too much to bring to the table.

I hope Aaron's show is a success, he is interesting to watch once he becomes comfortable with himself.

I liked Aaron from the beginning although I didn't get to watch the show last night. I couldn't stand Lisa's haughty behavior from beginning to end.

vwpamperedchef said:
I am happy for Aaron, but I did grow to like Adam. His "tripping" stunt on the ship really had me disgusted, but he was the most watchable I think. I could not stand Lisa and I think she has too much to bring to the table.

I hope Aaron's show is a success, he is interesting to watch once he becomes comfortable with himself.

I totally forgot about Adam tripping on the ship to be funny. There were many times I thought he was going to be let go but they kept him on. I agree with those that posted about how Lisa came across to the viewers. It appeared she was much more knowledgeable than everyone else. However, I don't think she was ever mean about it.

One thing that always made me wonder is how far in advance did this really take place. Everything is taped and edited before it airs. A lot of reality shows are like that, I know, but it makes me wonder because when they were in Las Vegas they had long-sleeve shirts on and you know there are only a few months when you can wear long-sleeves in Las Vegas! :yuck:

I liked Aaron's TV presentation, connection to the audience, humor and enthusiasm. At times, when he spoke I thought..."Oops, he's not going to get chosen." I think he's a great fit to Food Network...they seem to like the "down home" kind of person.

I, too, did not care for Lisa ~ too much of a "know it all" and came across snotty. Probably not her since "TV" puts what "they want you to see" ~ they will put on thee for us to get the "ratings." So you can't believe everything you see...with that said...Lisa could be a totally different person that what I think! But I can only judge on what I saw.

I agree with not liking Lisa at the beginning, but I also had issues with Adam's cooking at the beginning and Aaron's mumbling at the beginning. I grew to like all of them and felt Lisa really warmed up, Adam got his game together and Aaron really got good in front of the camera. I would have been happy to have any of them, but actually though Adam was going to win.

Well, it will be interesting to see Aaron's show...thanks for sharing the air time.

I had mixed feelings about who I wanted to win after they let Kelsey go since she was my FAV!

I did not like Lisa at all in the beginning but she ws beginning to grow on me. I do not think I would ever cook anything that she cooks, but then I watch Rachel Ray & get her magazine and do not cook her recipes either, ha!

I thought Adam ws too goofy but I know the producers could control that on air. Some of his food looked good but I could not believe as many mess ups that he had, the he made it to the final 3.

I did not really notice Aaron mumbling that much too me and could totally agree that I would be nervous too. Heck I get nervous about doing a PC show at times.. He seemed to stay true to himself and I liked that about him. I will watch his show and then decide if I will continue to watch it. I wonder if his son ever came home?

I would have been happy with either of the 3. I figured it would be Lisa or Aaron since the producers make the decision. I could not decide if the producers wanted another "Martha Stewart or more Down Home with the Neely's." From last night I see they wanted more of a Neely type show and background. That is the problem with the producers picking, they are going to choose who ever is more in line with the "direction" they are wanting to take FN. I think that is why they let Kelsey go b/c she was not something different than what they already have. I would like to vote too and then that way the viewers get what they want to see not what someone else wants to put on air.

What happened to last season's winner? Amy was her name? The chef nextdoor or something?

heat123 said:
What happened to last season's winner? Amy was her name? The chef nextdoor or something?

Here is the article from FN about Amy:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/show_nf/article/0,2495,FOOD_20096_5840178,00.html

I dont know all the details but after her first show she quit and moved to France!!! I heard the move to France is only temporary. She jsut didnt want to do the show. And the Rory girl that was runner-up and in my opinion should have won, will not even talk to FN because she feels she was robbed of the title when they brought Amy back. Remember it was Rory & JAG and then JAG dropped out - so they brought Amy back.

heat123 said:

Amy couldn't take people bad-mouthing her online, so when it came time to renew her show, she decided not to, and now she's living in France (can't blame her for the France part!). Her show was a complete snooze-fest, in my opinion.

leftymac said:

Ya know, I sort of agree with you- I didn't know we were not going to get to vote this year, also he DOES mumble a lot. After hearing more of Adam's story and seeing his 4 minute demo- I was actually cheering for him to win!

I wonder if Aaron's family issues will get in the way of his new found success? His son has still not returned from where ever he ran away from...

leftymac said:
Amy couldn't take people bad-mouthing her online, so when it came time to renew her show, she decided not to, and now she's living in France (can't blame her for the France part!). Her show was a complete snooze-fest, in my opinion.

Look at that- I agree with you again! WOW!!! Are you an Aquarius? LOL

I haven't seen the finale yet, but I am not surprised. Aaron is probably the most consistent out of the 3, and once he rehearsed, he was good on camera - remember the Vegas promos?

Who knows, maybe FN does "boy girl, boy girl"? Guy won 2 yrs ago, Amy last year, now Aaron?

Well, I'm looking forward to watching the finale this week :)

Cindycooks said:
I dont know all the details but after her first show she quit and moved to France!!! I heard the move to France is only temporary. She jsut didnt want to do the show. And the Rory girl that was runner-up and in my opinion should have won, will not even talk to FN because she feels she was robbed of the title when they brought Amy back. Remember it was Rory & JAG and then JAG dropped out - so they brought Amy back.

She didn't quit after her first show, her season wasn't a full season due to when it started, but she fullfilled her entire contract. I watched about 6 of her shows and in almost each one she made some sort of Endive! :) LOL

Kacey, you are still my fellow diva, even though you didn't agree with me. :cry::cry::cry:

So I don't even watch this show, but had a dream last night that one of my friends from grad school won the show and I was watching the preview for her new show and all I remember thinking is "I didn't know Jayne won this. She looks cute in a chef's coat." :) lol, I think I had the dream because of all the threads about this show on here :)

DessertDivaFL said:
Kacey, you are still my fellow diva, even though you didn't agree with me. :cry::cry::cry:

THanks! Ya know though, I have gone back and forth on who I would like to see win since they gave Kelsey the boot... I guess I just noticed Aaron flubbering over words- even when his takes were good- like bold and beautiful came out bolnboofitul... he did that a LOT whenever he's use the word Bold... regardless I would be nervous in front of a camera, so I'm no one to talk.

As much as I liked Lisa, I know I would not watch her. It's funny you can see her start to come down on herself and she just withdrawls and turns into a toddler- she can't speak, think, or even look up... it's sort of sad.

Adam had a good story- he had a restaurant and felt responsible for it closing. I am curious as to why no one would hire him as a chef- maybe he could go to culinary school and try the restaurant thing again.

I like Aaron, and would have been okay with either guy winning but in my opinion the choices were not the best and I'm upset that they got to pick- if you knew you wanted Aaron, why bring all three to New York again?

GourmetGirl said:
So I don't even watch this show, but had a dream last night that one of my friends from grad school won the show and I was watching the preview for her new show and all I remember thinking is "I didn't know Jayne won this. She looks cute in a chef's coat." :) lol, I think I had the dream because of all the threads about this show on here :)

I wanna win this show in a few years!

I wanted Adam to win. I agree, I think they knew they wanted Aaron and that's why they had 3 in the final. I like Aaron's personality, but I just think Adam did a better job. I'm really glad Lisa didn't win.

Kitchen Diva said:
I wanna win this show in a few years!

I want you to win this show in a few years!! Then I can come visit and call it training or something :D

Kitchen Diva said:
Look at that- I agree with you again! WOW!!! Are you an Aquarius? LOL

Nope, I'm on the cusp of Scorpio/Sagittarius. That makes me...complicated! :)

susanr613 said:
I haven't seen the finale yet, but I am not surprised. Aaron is probably the most consistent out of the 3, and once he rehearsed, he was good on camera - remember the Vegas promos?

Who knows, maybe FN does "boy girl, boy girl"? Guy won 2 yrs ago, Amy last year, now Aaron?

Well, I'm looking forward to watching the finale this week :)

Except that in season 1, it was a team of two boys. ;)

Kacey, I'm a Pisces so we water divas should always stick together! :p

I LOVED Kelsey and felt horrible when they kicked her off! She would be great on a website like Kraft or Pillsbury because she is so cute and adorable. You can't say anything bad about her.

Well, I personally am so happy that he won! I was beginning to like Lisa and I really liked her pilot show but I have wanted Aaron to win, if I couldn't have Kelsey! I like Aaron and I think he's going to just get better with time! So, for me, I was thrilled that he won! JMHO!:D

chefsteph07 said:
I could not STAND Lisa the first couple of episodes, but wound up really liking her toward the middle/end of the season and I was hoping she would win. I think she had the most creativity, knowledge and passion for a show. I liked her demo that she did and that proved to me that I would watch her show...I don't know about Aaron, if I will watch it. And I don't think I'd watch Adam's either. I hope they all have great careers though, I think they are all talented.

I totally agree. The first couple of episodes, I was hoping Lisa would get eliminated, but she grew on me. I was really hoping that she would win -- she seems to have the experience and creativity for a successful show. I will not watch Aaron's show....I just don't find him interesting. I think the selection committee got it wrong this time.

I was surprised and kind of annoyed at the judges this season, THEY get to pick the winner? What?! Is that because they felt America gets it wrong sometimes? If that's the case, THEY were the ones who gave America the final two contestants of which to choose from.

This season their judging wasn't fair sometimes. Granted we didn't get to see and hear everything that went on, but sometimes I thought they were inconsistent in their judging. Harsh on one person for a fault that another one did in a different challenge, etc. I really wanted Kelsey to win, so I was disappointed in the finale anyway.

Lisa-well, she grew on me. She came off as a snob, but I think that fine dining and French cuisine stuff always seems snooty anyway. It might be good, but it comes across as snooty. I couldn't stand her eye makeup making her squinty all the time, but her side comments (when it was just her and the camera in her green shirt) she always seemed much better to me. I really felt bad for her, she was so hard on herself and she would just seem to crumble when she felt like she was messing up. I don't think I would've watched her show, it's just not my style. But I really wish her well and think she's so successful anyway. Maybe Martha Stewart could get her connected with something...

Aaron's voice drove me crazy. He's a sweet guy though, and I thought he improved in his presentation skills by the end. Adam, poor guy. I'm not sure about him. I loved his pilot episode. Very fun and innovative I thought. But with him undercooking food and doing well only when he smoked his food, I wonder if he knows enough to do a season worth of episodes. I still think he would've been a fun show though and I think it would've worked. It's interesting though, I had a feeling he wasn't going to win because FN has a new show with a girl who answers e-mail questions and stuff, so when Adam announced his pilot idea, I figured the network wouldn't pick him, would like the idea of doing something with viewers and the internet for a show and do that after the NFNS. Maybe it was already in the works, but I thought that was interesting.

babywings76 said:
I was surprised and kind of annoyed at the judges this season, THEY get to pick the winner? What?! Is that because they felt America gets it wrong sometimes? If that's the case, THEY were the ones who gave America the final two contestants of which to choose from.

This season their judging wasn't fair sometimes. Granted we didn't get to see and hear everything that went on, but sometimes I thought they were inconsistent in their judging. Harsh on one person for a fault that another one did in a different challenge, etc. I really wanted Kelsey to win, so I was disappointed in the finale anyway.

Lisa-well, she grew on me. She came off as a snob, but I think that fine dining and French cuisine stuff always seems snooty anyway. It might be good, but it comes across as snooty. I couldn't stand her eye makeup making her squinty all the time, but her side comments (when it was just her and the camera in her green shirt) she always seemed much better to me. I really felt bad for her, she was so hard on herself and she would just seem to crumble when she felt like she was messing up. I don't think I would've watched her show, it's just not my style. But I really wish her well and think she's so successful anyway. Maybe Martha Stewart could get her connected with something...

Aaron's voice drove me crazy. He's a sweet guy though, and I thought he improved in his presentation skills by the end. Adam, poor guy. I'm not sure about him. I loved his pilot episode. Very fun and innovative I thought. But with him undercooking food and doing well only when he smoked his food, I wonder if he knows enough to do a season worth of episodes. I still think he would've been a fun show though and I think it would've worked. It's interesting though, I had a feeling he wasn't going to win because FN has a new show with a girl who answers e-mail questions and stuff, so when Adam announced his pilot idea, I figured the network wouldn't pick him, would like the idea of doing something with viewers and the internet for a show and do that after the NFNS. Maybe it was already in the works, but I thought that was interesting.

Makes me wonder if they got the idea for that show from Adam?? hmmm

I finally watched this last night and was so surprised he won!!! I totally thought it would be Adam, but I didn't know a new show with that idea just started on the Food Network. I'll be interested to see Aaron's show to see if it comes off smooth and confident. He didn't seem that way for most of the challenges.

I have a DVR and was watching the shows on Sunday evening... I wonder if it didn't record :confused:

I had been gone traveling to Wyoming and then to conference and had missed the last 2 episodes so watched that and thought -- Cool, now I can see who wins but it wasn't there and thought maybe they had a week before they did the finale. I will go home and check tonight

Anyway, I was not a big Lisa fan,,,, who am I kidding I cringed when the show first started and thought I would never watch her show. She acted like she was better than the rest. The mellowed over time but I still would not have watched her. She does have a beautiful voice though but she wasn't going as a singing chef...

Aaron - I think he made some mistakes along the way but his show presence I thoght could be something that could be trained and even though he didn't know what a chipotle pepper was I thought he had some knowledge.

Adam - I enjoyed him. I thought his mistakes of undercooked food could have come from trying too hard (well, and not listening to his team mates in challenges) He tried some innovative things in the beginning and that hurt him through out the competition. (Mental note if I ever get brave enough for a show like this, I will learn from these peoples mistakes).

It is easy to judge from out side of the screen - we aren't in their shoes trying to win a show. I think soem things are edited to make people look better or worse as they know what is happening in the end before we even start watching. It takes a lot of guts to get out there and do any of these shows.

chef_kimmo said:
It is easy to judge from out side of the screen - we aren't in their shoes trying to win a show. I think soem things are edited to make people look better or worse as they know what is happening in the end before we even start watching. It takes a lot of guts to get out there and do any of these shows.

I totally agree. I can't image how I would be interpreted on TV...I may be that one that you all hate! :cry:

I am glad that Lisa did not win!!:p

I"m glad Aaron won. I thought he was the most relatable. Adam's cooking wasn't consistent and Lisa was just weird. She grew into more of a human being as the show went on, but then they showed all of the stuff she already did at home and I was like...why would you want to add a tv show to that?! She has a son, runs a restaurant, designs clothes, and does something else. SOMETHING would have to give. It would more than likely be her son.

I kinda like that FN picks the winner because it means that they will be more vested in their success. They chose someone they want to see succeed. Aaron had food passion and knowledge. All of his food all season long had been wonderful (except for the buffet challenge) the only thing he lacked was camera presence and they can teach him that.

For Adam to put out raw food not once but TWICE says something about his food knowledge. He's a chef so he should've known that bone-in chicken takes longer to cook than boneless skinless, but he wouldn't listen to Aaron. He should've left after that one especially after the raw eggs on the train.

Lisa...ah Lisa. I think she grew as a person through this experience. I hope she will apply what she learned to the rest of her life.

I'm glad Kelsey nor Shane won. I liked them both ALOT! However, they don't have a depth of knowledge necessary for a long show or career cooking on tv. Kelsey needs to get some work experience and Shane needs to travel a little bit, cooking around the world. Then I bet they would KILL in this competition. I just don't think it was the right time for them.

GourmetGirl said:
I want you to win this show in a few years!! Then I can come visit and call it training or something :D

You won't have to call it training, girl- I'll just have my people call your people and fly you out to see me in my little puddle jumper! :)

leftymac said:
Nope, I'm on the cusp of Scorpio/Sagittarius. That makes me...complicated! :)

DUDE--- stop changing your avatar, you are stressing out my Aquarius brain! :) LOL

Hmmm complicated, eh? Apparently we've not met! :D

<H2>1. Who is theNext Food Network Star winner?</H2><p>TheNext Food Network Star winner is Aaron McCargo Jr.</p><H2>2. How long has Aaron McCargo Jr. been a contestant on the show?</H2><p>Aaron McCargo Jr. was a contestant on TheNext Food Network Star for 10 weeks.</p><H2>3. What type of cuisine does Aaron McCargo Jr. specialize in?</H2><p>Aaron McCargo Jr. specializes in soul food and comfort food.</p><H2>4. Was the finale of TheNext Food Network Star exciting?</H2><p>Yes, the finale of TheNext Food Network Star was very exciting, especially when Aaron McCargo Jr. was announced as the winner.</p><H2>5. What show will Aaron McCargo Jr. now be hosting on Food Network?</H2><p>Aaron McCargo Jr. will now be hosting his own show called "Big Daddy's House" on Food Network.</p>

1. Who is theNext Food Network Star winner?

TheNext Food Network Star winner is Aaron McCargo Jr.

2. How long has Aaron McCargo Jr. been a contestant on the show?

Aaron McCargo Jr. was a contestant on TheNext Food Network Star for 10 weeks.

3. What type of cuisine does Aaron McCargo Jr. specialize in?

Aaron McCargo Jr. specializes in soul food and comfort food.

4. Was the finale of TheNext Food Network Star exciting?

Yes, the finale of TheNext Food Network Star was very exciting, especially when Aaron McCargo Jr. was announced as the winner.

5. What show will Aaron McCargo Jr. now be hosting on Food Network?

Aaron McCargo Jr. will now be hosting his own show called "Big Daddy's House" on Food Network.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BlessedWifeMommy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
susanr613
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
  • vanscootin
  • General Chat
Replies