1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Favorite Food Network/Chef to watch for tips?

1. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

Who do you like to watch on Food Network (or whatever network) to learn and improve your cooking skills and get great tips that you can share in your cooking shows?

I used to be an avid Rachael Ray watcher- but the last few years- it's hard to find the time. I have a few videos I think I'll pull out and have pen in hand when I do! :D

How about ya'll? (Paula Deen is on right now, can ya tell?) ;)

Aug 3, 2009
  2. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

I'm a HUGE Alton Brown fan.

In fact, I'd like to BE Alton Brown!:D:chef:

Aug 3, 2009
  3. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

He's hilarious! (had to look him up, but it was who I thought)
    His "Good Eats" show is great!!

Aug 3, 2009
  4. pamperedpals

pamperedpals Senior Member Gold Member

My oldest DS loves Good Eat's with Alton Brown. So does hubby, he usually record's them. :)

Aug 3, 2009
  5. The_Kitchen_Guy

The_Kitchen_Guy Legend Member Silver Member

I'm still a PBS guy for cooking shows.

Mary Ann Esposito's Ciao Italia has always been one of my favorites (and still is) along with Martin Yan in Yan Can Cook. (Wow, can he use a knife!) Simply Ming is very interesting, but not as entertaining as Martin Yan.

I'm also a big fan of America's Test Kitchen and Cook's Country.

My only complaint about those two shows is that they test various kitchen utensils each episode and never do they include anything from TPC in the product tests.

(I don't care what any of the comparisons say about cookware, the only way you're going to get my Executive Cookware away from me is to pry it from my cold, dead fingers.)

6. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

LOL!

Now I have this picture in my head of you with a rifle in one hand, and a skillet in the other.

Aug 3, 2009
  7. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

Alton Brown is the best for tips and info.

I love Iron Chef America.

Aug 3, 2009
  8. whiteyteresa

whiteyteresa Veteran Member

Aug 3, 2009
  9. Fluffy215

Fluffy215 Member Gold Member

Wish we got Cooks Country here. I keep forgetting I heard about that one, but looked to see what channel it would be on and it says "Cook's Country is not currently airing in your area. Please check back soon for updates" I love their magazines.

Speaking of which (I totally forgot until now LOL) in one of Paula Deen's Special Collector's Issues titled Best Desserts (Says to Display until August 2009 and I got mine on Saturday LOL) But on page 124 is highlighting the Bamboo Cracker Tray and Snack Bowls :) That is the main reason I bought it. I saw that and went woooohoooo LOL

Aug 3, 2009
  10. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

I'm interested to see the new show, from the winner of the Next Food Network Star. It's going to be called (just in case someone DVR'd it and din't see it yet)
    $10 Dinners

Aug 3, 2009
  11. susanr613

susanr613 Senior Member Gold Member

Love Alton Brown, need to take notes during Iron Chef America, don't watch enough other shows to make any judgments. I WILL be DVRing $10 Dinners.

Aug 3, 2009
  12. etteluap70PC

etteluap70PC Legacy Member Gold Member

Alton!!!!!!!

13. legacypc46

legacypc46 Senior Member Gold Member

I have the same gripe KG. I'm a fan of the Cook's Illustrated magazine and it just irks me to no end that PC products get left out of the comparisons. :(

As for my favorite Food Network show for tips, I have to go with Barefoot Contessa and Everyday Italian. They both focus on straight-forward delicious food. I hate recipes being too complicated. :)

Aug 4, 2009
  14. etteluap70PC

etteluap70PC Legacy Member Gold Member

I also really like the PBS shows (all I have access to. No Cable here :( we gave it up to save $ and we watch wayyy too much TV anyhow) but have the same gripe as KG and Leggy... Although what I do notice many times is if PC had a simmilar product to that they are testing, what they choose for a winner is VERRY close to our PC model.

I agree I like quick & basic!

Last edited: Aug 4, 2009
  15. pamperedlinda

pamperedlinda Legend Member Gold Member

I usually keep the tv on FN for background noise when I'm home alone. I like pretty much all of the shows. I am not a fan of the Neelys or Sandra Lee though. I really like watching the cake challenge shows, some of those creations are amazing!

16. OMG...we so have to make him one of those design-her-gal thingies. Hmmm...do they have a rifle???

I LOVE Good Eats with Alton! I think it's because of the History and Science that's mixed in with everything else. Last night, he did a show about Creole vs. Cajun cooking that my DH and I watched.

I also like DDD with Guy Fieri, Paula Deen, and I do enjoy Ace of Cakes. They amaze me!

17. KellyTheChef

KellyTheChef Legend Member Gold Member

America's Test Kitchen and Cook's Country
    Alton Brown
    Barefoot Contessa

and I can't wait for the new $10 Dinners to start. I am hoping that show is gonna be a HUGE source of great ideas that are so timely to pass along to folks now! I am not impressed with Sandra Lee's new $$ saving show...

Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted