• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Favorite Food Network/Chef to Watch for Tips?

In summary, Alton Brown is my favorite show to watch on Food Network for learning and improving my cooking skills and getting great tips that I can share in my cooking shows.
esavvymom
Staff member
Who do you like to watch on Food Network (or whatever network) to learn and improve your cooking skills and get great tips that you can share in your cooking shows?

I used to be an avid Rachael Ray watcher- but the last few years- it's hard to find the time. I have a few videos I think I'll pull out and have pen in hand when I do! :D

How about ya'll? (Paula Deen is on right now, can ya tell?) ;)

I'm a HUGE Alton Brown fan.

In fact, I'd like to BE Alton Brown!:D:chef:

ChefBeckyD said:
I'm a HUGE Alton Brown fan.In fact, I'd like to BE Alton Brown!:D:chef:
He's hilarious! (had to look him up, but it was who I thought)
His "Good Eats" show is great!!

My oldest DS loves Good Eat's with Alton Brown. So does hubby, he usually record's them. :)

I'm still a PBS guy for cooking shows.

Mary Ann Esposito's Ciao Italia has always been one of my favorites (and still is) along with Martin Yan in Yan Can Cook. (Wow, can he use a knife!) Simply Ming is very interesting, but not as entertaining as Martin Yan.

I'm also a big fan of America's Test Kitchen and Cook's Country.

My only complaint about those two shows is that they test various kitchen utensils each episode and never do they include anything from TPC in the product tests.

(I don't care what any of the comparisons say about cookware, the only way you're going to get my Executive Cookware away from me is to pry it from my cold, dead fingers.)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I'm still a PBS guy for cooking shows.Mary Ann Esposito's Ciao Italia has always been one of my favorites (and still is) along with Martin Yan in Yan Can Cook. (Wow, can he use a knife!) Simply Ming is very interesting, but not as entertaining as Martin Yan.I'm also a big fan of America's Test Kitchen and Cook's Country.My only complaint about those two shows is that they test various kitchen utensils each episode and never do they include anything from TPC in the product tests. (I don't care what any of the comparisons say about cookware, the only way you're going to get my Executive Cookware away from me is to pry it from my cold, dead fingers.)
LOL!Now I have this picture in my head of you with a rifle in one hand, and a skillet in the other.

Alton Brown is the best for tips and info.I love Iron Chef America.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I'm still a PBS guy for cooking shows.

Mary Ann Esposito's Ciao Italia has always been one of my favorites (and still is) along with Martin Yan in Yan Can Cook. (Wow, can he use a knife!) Simply Ming is very interesting, but not as entertaining as Martin Yan.

These are GREAT to watch - I love the tips on Cook's Country - I have been taping this show for the tips and the recipes

But on the Food Network I :love: LOVE :love: watching Guy Fieri and his show Dinners, Drive-In and Dives (Triple D). That is a great show.

:chef:

Wish we got Cooks Country here. I keep forgetting I heard about that one, but looked to see what channel it would be on and it says "Cook's Country is not currently airing in your area. Please check back soon for updates" I love their magazines.

Speaking of which (I totally forgot until now LOL) in one of Paula Deen's Special Collector's Issues titled Best Desserts (Says to Display until August 2009 and I got mine on Saturday LOL) But on page 124 is highlighting the Bamboo Cracker Tray and Snack Bowls :) That is the main reason I bought it. I saw that and went woooohoooo LOL

I'm interested to see the new show, from the winner of the Next Food Network Star. It's going to be called (just in case someone DVR'd it and din't see it yet)
$10 Dinners

Love Alton Brown, need to take notes during Iron Chef America, don't watch enough other shows to make any judgments. I WILL be DVRing $10 Dinners.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

My only complaint about those two shows is that they test various kitchen utensils each episode and never do they include anything from TPC in the product tests. [/I]

I have the same gripe KG. I'm a fan of the Cook's Illustrated magazine and it just irks me to no end that PC products get left out of the comparisons. :(

As for my favorite Food Network show for tips, I have to go with Barefoot Contessa and Everyday Italian. They both focus on straight-forward delicious food. I hate recipes being too complicated. :)

I also really like the PBS shows (all I have access to. No Cable here :( we gave it up to save $ and we watch wayyy too much TV anyhow) but have the same gripe as KG and Leggy... Although what I do notice many times is if PC had a simmilar product to that they are testing, what they choose for a winner is VERRY close to our PC model.

I agree I like quick & basic!

Last edited:
I usually keep the tv on FN for background noise when I'm home alone. I like pretty much all of the shows. I am not a fan of the Neelys or Sandra Lee though. I really like watching the cake challenge shows, some of those creations are amazing!

ChefBeckyD said:
LOL!

Now I have this picture in my head of you with a rifle in one hand, and a skillet in the other.

OMG...we so have to make him one of those design-her-gal thingies. Hmmm...do they have a rifle???

I LOVE Good Eats with Alton! I think it's because of the History and Science that's mixed in with everything else. Last night, he did a show about Creole vs. Cajun cooking that my DH and I watched.

I also like DDD with Guy Fieri, Paula Deen, and I do enjoy Ace of Cakes. They amaze me!

America's Test Kitchen and Cook's Country
Alton Brown
Barefoot Contessa

and I can't wait for the new $10 Dinners to start. I am hoping that show is gonna be a HUGE source of great ideas that are so timely to pass along to folks now! I am not impressed with Sandra Lee's new $$ saving show...

1. Who is the most popular chef on the Food Network?

The most popular chef on the Food Network is subjective and varies among viewers. However, some popular chefs on the network include Ina Garten, Guy Fieri, and Bobby Flay.

2. Which Food Network chef has the best tips for beginners in the kitchen?

Many chefs on the Food Network offer great tips for beginners, but some popular choices include Alton Brown, Ree Drummond, and Giada De Laurentiis. They are known for their simple and easy-to-follow recipes.

3. What are some of the most helpful tips from Food Network chefs?

Food Network chefs offer a variety of tips, but some common ones include using quality ingredients, keeping your knives sharp, and tasting as you cook. They also emphasize the importance of following recipes and experimenting with new flavors.

4. How can I learn more from my favorite Food Network chef?

Many Food Network chefs have their own websites, cookbooks, and social media accounts where they share additional tips, recipes, and behind-the-scenes information. You can also attend cooking classes or live events featuring your favorite chef.

5. Who is the best chef to watch for healthy cooking tips on the Food Network?

Some chefs on the Food Network are known for their healthy cooking, including Ellie Krieger, Bobby Deen, and Daphne Oz. They offer tips on using fresh and nutritious ingredients, as well as ways to lighten up traditional recipes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • vanscootin
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies