• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Great Cookie Tips from Food Network!

In summary, Food Network mentioned some great cookie tips that involved rolling out the dough, using cookie cutters, and using a watered down food coloring to help with decorating.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I was watching Food Network tonight when they had some great cookie tips. One was to roll out your cookie dough straight onto the cookie sheet so when you cut the cookie you remove the excess dough and don't have to worry about moving the cookies and stretching them out. They also suggested using the cookie cutter to help place your sprinkles around the cookie so they all stay on the cookie and not the pan. For decorating cookies, the suggested watered down food coloring and painting it on. I thought I would pass these on.

Cool, maybe there will be more cookie tips on FN.
Deb

Great! I'll have to add those to a file I have....I'm sure I got it here! I'll attach in case someone else needs it.

Attachments

• Cookie Baking Tips[1].doc
    22.7 KB · Views: 304
Great ideas and hints.. I did try to open this document and it was gibberish.. Anyone else have this problem or just me?

My great-grandmother's trick was to store cookies in a tin with a piece of bread in there to keep the cookies soft.

Thanks Lacy!! It opened fine and I appreciate you sharing this with us!;):angel::)

I cant open it either... it says MO needs to install a converter to open the file... :confused:

I can't open it...help!!!

You're welcome! And sorry if you can't open it....try doing a search here, I'm sure I got it here.

Here's some I collected a LONG time ago

Attachments

• Cookie Press Tips one page.doc
    26.5 KB · Views: 297
  • Cookie Show Handouts.doc
    29.5 KB · Views: 358
  • CookieWorkshopHandout.doc
    149.5 KB · Views: 291
  • CookieShow Ideas.doc
    68 KB · Views: 364
I don't understand why people are having difficulty opening files. My Firefox did ask me if I wanted to use Microsoft 2003 and I clicked "OK". Maybe that is the problem!

Thanks for the tips! They are great!

I couldn't open it either... it is asking for a converter. Lacy, did you have it saved in Microsoft Word 2007?

1. What are some tips for making the perfect cookie?

Some tips for making the perfect cookie include using room temperature ingredients, properly measuring flour, chilling the dough before baking, and using a silicone baking mat or parchment paper on the baking sheet.

2. How can I prevent my cookies from spreading too much?

To prevent cookies from spreading too much, make sure your oven is at the correct temperature and avoid over-mixing the dough. You can also try using a higher ratio of flour to fat in your recipe.

3. What is the best way to store cookies?

The best way to store cookies is to place them in an airtight container or zip-top bag at room temperature. You can also add a slice of bread to the container to help keep the cookies soft.

4. Can I freeze cookie dough?

Yes, you can freeze cookie dough for up to 3 months. Simply wrap the dough tightly in plastic wrap or place in an airtight container before freezing. When ready to bake, let the dough thaw in the refrigerator overnight before baking as usual.

5. How can I make my cookies more chewy?

To make cookies more chewy, try adding an extra egg yolk to the dough or using brown sugar instead of granulated sugar. You can also slightly under-bake the cookies to achieve a softer texture.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • bridgetbakes
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann