• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover the Power of Passion with Bobby Flay on 'The Next Food Network Star

In summary, Bobby Flay said that if you are not nervous about your passion, you are not passionate about it. He also said that if you are not passionate about what you are doing, you can't expect to be successful.
ChefLisa
I am watching 'The Next Food Network Star' and I really like what Bobby Flay said. I don't know if he is the first to ever say it, but it is the first time I have ever heard it.

"If you are not nervous about your passion, you are not passionate about it."

Remember that when you are nervous about your show going right or you're nervous about getting on the phones. You are just passionate about what you are doing. Isn't that great!

ChefLisa said:
I am watching 'The Next Food Network Star' and I really like what Bobby Flay said. I don't know if he is the first to ever say it, but it is the first time I have ever heard it.

Remember that when you are nervous about your show going right or you're nervous about getting on the phones. You are just passionate about what you are doing. Isn't that great!
I loved that too!!!:)

Yup - caught that too!

That's great! I was having a discussion with DH today and he was making fun of my obssession with CS and TPC and I said well at least I have a passion for something! He said, well that's true! :)

ChefLisa said:

gmta! I was gonna post that! We tivo'd nfns and just finished, lol!

Yes, I loved that too! Kind of an 'a-ha' moment;)

I think I'm going to post that by my desk, to help "remind" me when i do my calls!! thanks for sharing that!

amy07 said:
I think I'm going to post that by my desk, to help "remind" me when i do my calls!! thanks for sharing that!

I like that idea. We moved our computer, and I need to get my notes to self back up.

I really liked that quote also. I plan to use it at my shows when I talk about the opporturnity. I actually turned to my husband and said "Wow -- that's the first time Bobby Flay seemed like a real person to me. He's usually so c0cky!"

Talented talented man, but comes off the wrong way sometimes. I am so not fond of the throwdown concept. Seems like a whole show reared around his superiority complex. :p

I picked up on that as well. LOVE IT. I really like Bobby Flay (even if he's got a bit of an ego thing going on). I do believe he has a true passion for what he does. However, somebody needs to tell him to get a new tie! That pink tie didn't do much for him last night) =)

1. What is "The Next Food Network Star"?

"The Next Food Network Star" is a popular television show on the Food Network that follows a group of contestants as they compete to become the next big food personality and win their own cooking show on the network.

2. Who is Bobby Flay?

Bobby Flay is a well-known celebrity chef and restaurateur who has been a judge and mentor on "The Next Food Network Star" since its inception in 2005. He is known for his bold and innovative approach to cooking and has several successful restaurants and TV shows.

3. How does Bobby Flay's passion play a role in the show?

Bobby Flay's passion for cooking and food is a major theme on "The Next Food Network Star." As a mentor and judge, he encourages contestants to find their own unique culinary passions and bring them to their dishes and presentations. He also shares his own passion and expertise with the contestants to help them improve and stand out in the competition.

4. What is the format of the show?

"The Next Food Network Star" typically follows a weekly elimination format, where contestants compete in cooking and presenting challenges and are judged by a panel of experts, including Bobby Flay. Each week, one contestant is eliminated until the final episode, where the winner is chosen based on their overall performance and potential to host their own show on the Food Network.

5. Is "The Next Food Network Star" just for professional chefs?

No, "The Next Food Network Star" is open to both professional and amateur cooks and chefs. Many past winners and contestants have come from a variety of backgrounds, including home cooks, caterers, and restaurant chefs. What matters most is their passion and potential to become a successful food personality on the network.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BlessedWifeMommy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
susanr613
  • MissChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
Replies