• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did Anyone Notice on Food Network....

In summary, the conversation discusses the show Dinner Impossible and the replacement of the previous host, Chef Robert Irvine, with Iron Chef Michael Simon. The speakers also discuss the controversy surrounding Chef Irvine's departure due to embellishing his credentials and the conflicting opinions on whether or not this was the right decision. The conversation also touches on the issue of Rachael Ray posing for FHM magazine and the speakers' disappointment with her decision. One speaker expresses their intention to write a letter to the Food Network regarding the matter.
MissChef
Gold Member
I was watching FN this morning and saw a commercial for the show Dinner Impossible and that they got rid of the first host, you know the one that was caught lying about being knighted or something like that. Isn't his name Chef Robert Irvine, or something like that? Anyway, they announced that it's a new season with a new host and it the newest Iron Chef Michael Simon! I guess they did give the other guy the boot! I thought he might have been able to skate through it when I saw him on the 2nd episode of The Next Food Network Star, but I guess not!
Anyway, I just caught that this morning and was kinda surprised, I didn't think they'd keep the show on, but I guess they just gave it to Michael! What a trip! ;)

They announced that online awhile back that they were airing what was recorded but that Chef Irvine was gone and that they were continuing with someone new......at the time they didn't know who...

I didn't know about the issues with Chef Robert Irvine. I just figured they wanted someone new. Michael Simon is a good chef. I look forward to his episodes.

Yes, I noticed that today too. It ought to be good.

I caught a preview episode with Michael Symon (I think that's how he spells it)...it was pretty good! He's definitely got a different style, but I enjoyed it (except for his laugh, which can get pretty annoying after a while)

Yes I noticed this today too, I liked that show..

I am very disappointed that they took Robert Irvine off and don't plan on watching it anymore. It was one of mine and dh's favorite shows to watch together on the food network. He's not interested in watching it since Robert is gone either. I understand he embellished and that wasn't right but I didn't feel Rachael Ray doing that spread in FHM magazine was all that great either. Where is they're moral compass? Why penalize one and not others? And I'm not just talking about Rachael Ray, but everyone has things they did and shouldn't have but we can also learn from our mistakes. JMHO
God bless,
Amanda

jesusluvsu2005 said:
I am very disappointed that they took Robert Irvine off and don't plan on watching it anymore. It was one of mine and dh's favorite shows to watch together on the food network. He's not interested in watching it since Robert is gone either. I understand he embellished and that wasn't right but I didn't feel Rachael Ray doing that spread in FHM magazine was all that great either. Where is they're moral compass? Why penalize one and not others? And I'm not just talking about Rachael Ray, but everyone has things they did and shouldn't have but we can also learn from our mistakes. JMHO
God bless,
Amanda

What is FHM magazine? And was Rachael nude?

Okay, I just looked it up, and saw some of her pictures, and although she was clothed, I'm disgusted! She's got KIDS cookbooks... If this is what startdom is going to do for chefs, etc...then I'll be done with the food network, and I'm emailing them a letter right now.

She should be a much better example than that! I'm disapointed in her...

It's a men's magazine that usually has scantily clad ladies in it. They aren't nude. Here's a link that I googled that shows the pics http://www.rachaelraypictures.com/rachael_ray_pictures/FHM/index.htm
I didn't think it was very good to do that because I personally don't agree with people posing like that for guys to lust after. There's so much temptation is this world, why add to it. KWIM? I had a hard time watching her show after that for a long time.

Now what Robert did wasn't right either. I'm willing to bet a majority of people have embellished in one way or another. It doesn't make it right but in my opinion the photos Rachael Ray did weren't either. Yet she's still employed.

jesusluvsu2005 said:
It's a men's magazine that usually has scantily clad ladies in it. They aren't nude. Here's a link that I googled that shows the pics http://www.rachaelraypictures.com/rachael_ray_pictures/FHM/index.htm
I didn't think it was very good to do that because I personally don't agree with people posing like that for guys to lust after. There's so much temptation is this world, why add to it. KWIM? I had a hard time watching her show after that for a long time.

Now what Robert did wasn't right either. I'm willing to bet a majority of people have embellished in one way or another. It doesn't make it right but in my opinion the photos Rachael Ray did weren't either. Yet she's still employed.

I agree- I'm writting the Food Network! I'm thouroughly dispointed in her for stooping so low!

Okay - I had to go check out the RR pics. That's her face - but that isn't her body! Either that, or there is some serious air-brushing happening!

Unfortunately that spread is about 3 years old or more. I posted on Food networks message boards about my opinions on it way back then and they removed my posts. I just stated opinions. I said nothing bad and yet they deleted mine and left those up defending Rachael. I emailed and asked why my posts were deleted and never received an answer. Rachael is their cash cow and they could care less. But it really bothers me that they fire Robert but keep her. I just don't get it.

I'd say there was airbrushing. There usually is in pics like that. I think my brother in law actually had the magazine that she was in. :(

Last edited:
I had no idea- I will no longer watch her- and I will voice my displeasure whether they care or not. Eventually they'll care if she loses viewers! Sad, Sad world we live in! I had no idea she did this... I'm truly upset!

While I admit Rachel's pics are not the classiest, she did not lie about being knighted! She did not pretend to have this huge royal honor to boost her career. It would be one thing if he lied about his training or education; no he lied about an honor that is bestowed unto one. Plus Rachel never denied that she posed for the pictures. Lots of people make mistakes and succumb to temptation, however what Robert did was not a one time thing - he lied again and again and again. Just my 2 cents.

RR looks ridiculous. She should be embarrassed. I don't even think they are that bad (raunchy) because they are almost humorous. Stupid is another word that comes to mind. Tacky, too.

JAE said:
RR looks ridiculous. She should be embarrassed. I don't even think they are that bad (raunchy) because they are almost humorous. Stupid is another word that comes to mind. Tacky, too.

They are stupid and tacky- and plain foolish... but I'm still disgusted by her choice...

GourmetGirl said:
While I admit Rachel's pics are not the classiest, she did not lie about being knighted! She did not pretend to have this huge royal honor to boost her career. It would be one thing if he lied about his training or education; no he lied about an honor that is bestowed unto one. Plus Rachel never denied that she posed for the pictures. Lots of people make mistakes and succumb to temptation, however what Robert did was not a one time thing - he lied again and again and again. Just my 2 cents.

I agree about your take on the differences between Chef Robert Irvine and Rachel's little photo-shoot...however I can still be ticked at her for degrading herself like that.

Kitchen Diva said:
I agree about your take on the differences between Chef Robert Irvine and Rachel's little photo-shoot...however I can still be ticked at her for degrading herself like that.

You can totally be ticked... I just wanted to point out that there was a very valid reason why he was let go from his hosting duties...

I was so very disappointed as well. It is a sad thing. But we live in a society that has gradually pushed the bar on things of that nature and others to where the majority accept them as being okay. Most have been desensitized by the media, video games, etc. that too much is let go. Could you imagine if things like that were done 50-75 years ago? I worry even about my children being exposed to these things, especially my daughter. Girls have such an awful time these days because all of these "perfect" girls are put in front of them. And it's almost as bad on the guys. It makes it very difficult to raise Godly. pure young men when they have so much right in front of them. KWIM?

ChefBeckyD said:
Okay - I had to go check out the RR pics. That's her face - but that isn't her body! Either that, or there is some serious air-brushing happening!

I thought the same thing!! But either way, YUCK!:eek::yuck::eek: Those pictures are just disgusting! I'll never be able to eat chocolate the same again!

Alison,
I see what you're saying. I just feel that they pick and choose who gets away with things. And I understand she didn't lie about it. But I just don't feel what she did was right either. And I know that everyone's values are different and some won't feel that what she did was wrong and some will. Yet pretty much everyone knows that lying is wrong. But if you go by the bible, neither is right, KWIM? Not to say I am above making mistakes. As humans we all do. It's the nature of the flesh. I just worry when it's people like this that are held in such high regard. Especially Rachael, as I am sure there are young girls who already look up to her.

Well, I loved watching Dinner Impossible with Robert Irvine in it and don't know that I'll really watch the new season now. Actually I'm watching one right now, he's at Disney, he just made the show.

I like Robert Irvine too but to imbellish the way he did, thats not right and agree to take him off the air. Not only did he lie about where he went to school or what not if I remember correctly he said he worked at the white house! hello- yes I agree, FN should have really done their homework but then again people are innocent til proven guilty.

Micael Symon is ok. I haven't really gotten into him yet.

GourmetGirl said:
You can totally be ticked... I just wanted to point out that there was a very valid reason why he was let go from his hosting duties...

I know- it's just sad because JAG lied on The Next Food Network Star last year and they kept him, but he dropped out of the race, so Amyt came back... I really liked Robert Irvine. But I'm against lying as well...

jesusluvsu2005 said:
I was so very disappointed as well. It is a sad thing. But we live in a society that has gradually pushed the bar on things of that nature and others to where the majority accept them as being okay. Most have been desensitized by the media, video games, etc. that too much is let go. Could you imagine if things like that were done 50-75 years ago? I worry even about my children being exposed to these things, especially my daughter. Girls have such an awful time these days because all of these "perfect" girls are put in front of them. And it's almost as bad on the guys. It makes it very difficult to raise Godly. pure young men when they have so much right in front of them. KWIM?

It's hard on young men AND married men- I don't even like to walk past the Victoria's Secret anymore at the mall- it's all smut! Life Sized Smutty posters, where you can see their nipples, and trashy manequins. I'm all for hubba-hubba nighties for my DH- but he doesn't need to have that stuff crammed down his throat. He's admitted that watching prime time is getting to be too much because it's nothing but SEX, SEX, SEX

jbdowd0798 said:
I like Robert Irvine too but to imbellish the way he did, thats not right and agree to take him off the air. Not only did he lie about where he went to school or what not if I remember correctly he said he worked at the white house! hello- yes I agree, FN should have really done their homework but then again people are innocent til proven guilty.

Micael Symon is ok. I haven't really gotten into him yet.

He lied about being a personal chef for the Queen of England and about being a knight- not about where he went to school, and he did cook at the white house.

But yes, he lied- and he should not have. I like Michael Symon, but don't care for him on this show... I like him on Iron Chef America! :)

I agree Kacey it is getting disgusting these days ever time you turn around they is a naked women everywhere... I mean it is degrading to women who don't wanna be treated as if they were sex objects and men who are married and faithful to their wifes like Kacey said don't need that thrown in their face every time they go to the mall.

Kacey I told hubby about Racheal and he couldn't believe she would do that.... He said he wonders why a women of her sature would want to degrade her career by doing that and I know we aren't going to be watching her show anymore.

So theres my 2 cents kacey. It was great talking with you tonight been missing ya girl :) Hugs

ChefBeckyD said:

that's what I was thinking!

Do you have any idea how many celebrities actually pose nude for playboy? I don't agree that what Rachael Ray did was right, but at least she wasn't nude! You would never watch TV or listen to the radio ever again if you knew how many are in playboy. JMO

DebbieJ said:
that's what I was thinking!

The pics were taken 3 years ago- she was a LOT thinner then, and although there was more than likely retouching, that's her. She's admited to doing it...

mpkegley said:
Do you have any idea how many celebrities actually pose nude for playboy? I don't agree that what Rachael Ray did was right, but at least she wasn't nude! You would never watch TV or listen to the radio ever again if you knew how many are in playboy. JMO

I have an idea- which is why I pretty much only watch the food-network!

I feel as women, we have a responsibility to not go showing stuff, or dressing like that for other men to see (other than our DH's) WE have a right to not cause other's to stumble- and God did not design us to be sucking on strawberries, and letting chocolate drip on our scantilly clad bodies and plaster it on magazines all over the place...now- chocolate body paint in the privacy of my home with just me and DH- that's something entirely different.

However your milage may vary and this is just my opinion and my thoughts. ;)

christinaspc said:
I agree Kacey it is getting disgusting these days ever time you turn around they is a naked women everywhere... I mean it is degrading to women who don't wanna be treated as if they were sex objects and men who are married and faithful to their wifes like Kacey said don't need that thrown in their face every time they go to the mall.

Kacey I told hubby about Racheal and he couldn't believe she would do that.... He said he wonders why a women of her sature would want to degrade her career by doing that and I know we aren't going to be watching her show anymore.

So theres my 2 cents kacey. It was great talking with you tonight been missing ya girl :) Hugs

I have to agree with you 100% on this. I haven't watched RR since she has become so commercialized.... I won't watch her ever again since I saw those pics. I used to think she was so much different. :yuck:

Dh told me about these pics quite awhile back & I didn't believe him; so he searched it online & found them. Yes, tacky was my thought too.

Heeeee's Baaaaacccccck

Dinner: Impossible

Robert Irvine

He is back on Wednesday night for an ALL New episode

:chef:

whiteyteresa said:
heeeee's baaaaacccccck

dinner: Impossible

robert irvine

he is back on wednesday night for an all new episode

:chef:

oh i heard that! I never watched it with the new one, but really liked robert on it!

I love Chef Robert Irvinee I meet him at Mohegon Sun in CT a few years a saw my pampered chef shirt e me a signed photo to my Pampered Doreen
He was doing a small cooking show

chef131doreen said:
I love Chef Robert Irvinee I meet him at Mohegon Sun in CT a few years a saw my pampered chef shirt e me a signed photo to my Pampered Doreen
He was doing a small cooking show

Doreen... Only cuz I know you can take this... how many drinks have you had girl!!??!! LOL! I had to re-read your post! I'm just playing!! You know I love ya girl!

I like him Robert Irvine... it will be interesting to see him back.. I grew to like him when he did the Christmas Iron Chef America with Tyler Florence and he went up against Paula Dean & Cat Cora I think... I seen his really fun side!

I was a huge fan of this show, and although I love Symon on Iron Chef, I just didn't like him replacing Chef Robert. I'm am so stoked that he is back!

1. Who was the original host of Dinner Impossible and why was he removed from the show?

The original host of Dinner Impossible was Chef Robert Irvine. He was removed from the show due to controversy surrounding false claims he made about his culinary background, including being knighted by the Queen of England.

2. Who is the new host of Dinner Impossible?

The new host of Dinner Impossible is Iron Chef Michael Simon. He was announced as the new host for the show's new season.

3. Did the previous host, Chef Robert Irvine, make an appearance on The Next Food Network Star?

Yes, Chef Robert Irvine did make an appearance on the second episode of The Next Food Network Star. However, he was ultimately removed from Dinner Impossible and replaced by Michael Simon.

4. Were you surprised that Dinner Impossible was able to continue with a new host?

Yes, many people were surprised that Dinner Impossible was able to continue with a new host after the controversy surrounding Chef Robert Irvine. However, the show's producers decided to give the show a fresh start with a new host.

5. What are your thoughts on the new host, Iron Chef Michael Simon?

As a Pampered Chef representative, I cannot offer personal opinions. However, Iron Chef Michael Simon is a highly respected and talented chef in the culinary world and we are excited to see his take on Dinner Impossible.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
  • chefsteph07
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
heat123
  • MissChef
  • General Chat
Replies