• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

theCenter of My Pizza Stone Wont Season!

well...you can barely see the center of it. Mine has been used for about 10 years, I rotate between using it for seasonings and to make rings.Mine too. Give it time. I've been using mine for 2 years and the seasoning is slowly moving inward.Don't wory it is getting seasoned. My large round I have had for 10 years is very light in the middle (compared to the edges) run your hand over it. If it is feeling smooth it is getting seasoned.My round stone as well is not turning color in the middle. From what I have seen it takes years of regular use to get it really dark in the middle. I can attest that it is seasoned though.
lilscrapmama
I've had my large round for awhile now...I use it more than any of the other stones I have, i do use the large bar often too...ANYWAY its ONLY seasonining around the rim, a thick rim of seasoninning but theres no color change in the middle!?:confused:

Mine too. Give it time. I've been using mine for 2 years and the seasoning is slowly moving inward.

Don't wory it is getting seasoned. My large round I have had for 10 years is very light in the middle (compared to the edges) run your hand over it. If it is feeling smooth it is getting seasoned.

My round stone as well is not turning color in the middle. From what I have seen it takes years of regular use to get it really dark in the middle. I can attest that it is seasoned though. My bar pan is still pretty light in the middle and I burnt (and I mean BURNT!!!) some meatballs the other day and I could scrape up the burnt meatballs and sauce (it was so burnt it was black!) no problem!

My guess is, you're probably using it to make ALOT of Pc Rings!! The seasoning will happen first on the areas covered by food, and those crescent rolls do a really good job of seasoning a stone. So....

If you are bothered by it, I would suggest that you bake some cookies on your stone, such as Peanut Butter cookies or Chocolate Chip cookies. That way, you're sure to cover more surface.

Another idea would be to bake a "crust" of crescent rolls, like for a "Cool Veggie Pizza", so you would cover the stone. After awhile of doing this, it should start to balance itself out, at least a little!!

I hope that helps!!

Paula

Yesterday I was at my directors house and saw her stones - they are almost black except for a small area in the middle but nothing sticks anywhere.

Paula R. Lewis said:
My guess is, you're probably using it to make ALOT of Pc Rings!! The seasoning will happen first on the areas covered by food, and those crescent rolls do a really good job of seasoning a stone. So....

If you are bothered by it, I would suggest that you bake some cookies on your stone, such as Peanut Butter cookies or Chocolate Chip cookies. That way, you're sure to cover more surface.

Another idea would be to bake a "crust" of crescent rolls, like for a "Cool Veggie Pizza", so you would cover the stone. After awhile of doing this, it should start to balance itself out, at least a little!!

I hope that helps!!

Paula

I've never understood the seasoning process! I have had my large round stone for 11 years. I have made rings, cookies, crescent rolls, and crusts on it. It doesn't matter if I cover the stone or not, it has NEVER balanced out. It is very light in the middle and there is a 3 inch ring around the edge that is dark brown.

My rectangle stone...same thing only I have done braids on it, but also baked cookies, crescent rolls, and crusts. Same seasoning pattern as round stone....two 2" strips on the outside of dark seasoning and middle is light.

I've seen stones that are almost black...completely. Some people store their stones in the oven and I think that contributes to the "entire thing is black" stone. Also, I think some people continue spraying the stone with oil after the initial seasoning period.

I've got too many stones to put them all in the oven :) I used them all the time and each one has a different, no-rhyme-or-reason seasoning pattern.

I might not know why they season like that but what I do know.....I LOVE THEM and wouldn't trade them for ANYTHING!! :D

The color is only sort of related to the seasoning. Stones will turn dark more and faster on the areas that are not covered by food. That's why the handles and sides of bar pans "go dark" first.

chefann said:
The color is only sort of related to the seasoning. Stones will turn dark more and faster on the areas that are not covered by food. That's why the handles and sides of bar pans "go dark" first.

Ah, come on Ann....you've just taken away my excuse to keep baking chocolate chip cookies every night (no joke...three are in the oven now :D ) I've been telling myself I need to do it so that I can even out the seasoning! LOL!

You can bake them and send them to me as a "Thank you" for posting info. :D

My large round is dark mostly around the sides, as well! My director is one of those that has a ring that is about 13 years old and even hers (which is mostly BLACK) still is lighter in the center.

All of my stones have seasoned very unevenly, too. Guess it's just the way it is...but I agree I LOVE THEM and wouldn't trade them in!!

chefann said:
You can bake them and send them to me as a "Thank you" for posting info. :D

Oops...sorry...I just ate them!! Maybe tomorrow night :)

Uh-oh Lisa... I wouldn't say that... because now you just made me want to get in line for some of those choc chip cookies. Can I have Saturday's batch? :)

Sorry Alison and Ann....Now that I think about it...the cookies really aren't as good when they're cold so I'll eat them warm out of the oven and THINK about Ann on Friday and Alison on Saturday :)

Pbbbht..... :p

1. How do I season my Center of My Pizza Stone?

To season your Center of My Pizza Stone, preheat your oven to 350°F. Wash the stone with warm water and dry thoroughly. Using a pastry brush, apply a thin layer of vegetable oil or shortening to the entire surface of the stone, including the center. Place the stone in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Remove from the oven and let it cool completely before using.

2. Can I use oil other than vegetable oil or shortening to season my pizza stone?

Yes, you can use any type of oil that has a high smoke point, such as canola or grapeseed oil. Avoid using olive oil or butter as they have a lower smoke point and can leave a sticky residue on the stone.

3. How often do I need to season my pizza stone?

It is recommended to season your pizza stone every 3-4 uses, or whenever you notice the surface becoming dull or discolored. This will help maintain the non-stick surface and prevent the stone from absorbing odors or flavors from previous uses.

4. Can I season my pizza stone in the dishwasher?

No, it is not recommended to season your pizza stone in the dishwasher. The high heat and harsh dishwasher detergent can damage the stone. It is best to season the stone in the oven or by hand.

5. How do I clean my pizza stone?

To clean your pizza stone, use a damp cloth or sponge to remove any food debris. Avoid using soap or harsh chemicals, as it can be absorbed into the stone and affect the taste of your food. If there are stubborn stains, you can use a plastic scraper or a small amount of baking soda mixed with water. Never submerge your pizza stone in water or put it in the dishwasher.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Boomerjojo
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
BettieC
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies