• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pizza Stuck on Stone - How to Get it Off?

or you can try boiling water and vinegar and spraying it on...or even just using a cloth with soap and water. Sometimes, it's hard to teach an old dog new tricks. ;)Sometimes, it's hard to teach an old dog new tricks. ;)Yep, that's definitely how I do it! Sometimes, it's hard to teach an old dog new tricks. ;)
apriljc
My husband made pizza on my large round stone last night and when all of the pizza was gone he stuck it back in the oven, where I store it. He didn't even wash it off. Well I went to take it out this pm and it had pizza left overs stuck to it and it was also sticky. I tried washing it off but the stickiness won't come off. It is very frusterating. Do you have any words of wisdom on how I can get it off?? I do have another large round stone that is in my office just waiting to get used and I was thinking I should maybe just start using that one. What are you thoughts. Thanks.

Did you try soaking it in really hot water for a little while? Then scrub with the kitchen brush if you have it. Or you can make a paste with Baking soda and water and rub that it.....good luck!

Thanks Linda. I went and stuck it in hot water and am letting it soak. I do have the kitchen brush and am going to use that, but I also discovered that someone, either my DH or BIL used it for something and didn't wash it. What do men think, that things will wash themselves??

Look on the bright side. At least he didn't leave it to soak overnight in soapy water.

The Baking Soda & water paste should do the trick. It's the best for sticky stones!

raebates said:
Look on the bright side. At least he didn't leave it to soak overnight in soapy water.

OMgosh Rae don't even think it!!!

LOL!

Oh my DH knows better than to wash my stone with soap. The first time I had a stone he was going to wash it with the soapy water and he got a lecture about stones.

apriljc said:
Oh my DH knows better than to wash my stone with soap. The first time I had a stone he was going to wash it with the soapy water and he got a lecture about stones.

Last Sunday we had lunch with some friends and I was telling them about the Feb stone special. They started asking questions and as I opened my mouth to answer MY HUSBAND launched into a stoneware lecture of how to care for them and how great they are. It was SO funny!

I vote for the baking soda paste too. I heard somewhere (probably on here!) that someone keeps baking soda next to the sink in the flour/sugar shaker and sprinkles it on her stones when things are sticky, etc.

WOW!! Thats a GREAT Tip, gotta use that 1 at my shows.....Thanks

GeorgiaPeach said:
Last Sunday we had lunch with some friends and I was telling them about the Feb stone special. They started asking questions and as I opened my mouth to answer MY HUSBAND launched into a stoneware lecture of how to care for them and how great they are. It was SO funny!

I vote for the baking soda paste too. I heard somewhere (probably on here!) that someone keeps baking soda next to the sink in the flour/sugar shaker and sprinkles it on her stones when things are sticky, etc.

Yup, that would be me!! :D

GeorgiaPeach said:

Okay...I just bragged on my husband and then went downstairs for dinner. My husband decided he would make pancakes for supper. He got out a fork to stir the batter. I said, why aren't you using a whisk? He said, "A fork is the poor man's whisk."

To which I replied, "Poor man's whisk? Your kitchen holds over a thousand dollars in Pampered Chef products!! Why do you need a poor man's whisk?!!":rolleyes:

letscook04 said:
Yup, that would be me!! :D

Well thanks for the tip & I'll see you next week!!!

GeorgiaPeach said:
To which I replied, "Poor man's whisk? Your kitchen holds over a thousand dollars in Pampered Chef products!! Why do you need a poor man's whisk?!!":rolleyes:

Sometimes, it's hard to teach an old dog new tricks. ;)

My DH has also been leaving me the stones to wash cause he's afraid to "mess up". I'll have to give him a little pep talk--cause I certainly don't want sticky stones!!!!!Cath

I agree - use the baking soda. If you just wet your stone down and sprinkle baking soda on and let sit for a little while, it will release the stickies!!! I do this with my stones alot.:eek: :eek:

GeorgiaPeach said:
Okay...I just bragged on my husband and then went downstairs for dinner. My husband decided he would make pancakes for supper. He got out a fork to stir the batter. I said, why aren't you using a whisk? He said, "A fork is the poor man's whisk."

Lisa, that is so funny! At least he was making dinner! :) What a guy!

rebeccastt said:
Lisa, that is so funny! At least he was making dinner! :) What a guy!

He has 3 specialties....grilled cheese, pancakes, and soup!! Tonight he got fancy and added CHOCOLATE CHIPS!!! Woo Hoo!

Yummy! My husband makes me the BEST chocolate chip pancakes. His other specialties are macaroni and cheese, quesadillas and grilled cheese. :) He does know how to care for our stones though. He is my best salesperson for stones!

I did the baking soda and water thing and sure enough the sticky came off. Thanks so much for the tips. I almost fell off of my chair laughing at the poor mans tool. That totally sounds like me and my husband in the kitchen.

1. How do I prevent pizza from sticking to my stone?

To prevent pizza from sticking to your stone, it is important to properly season your stone before use. This can be done by lightly coating the stone with oil and then baking it in the oven for an hour at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. You can also sprinkle cornmeal or flour on the stone before placing the pizza on it to create a barrier between the dough and the stone.

2. What should I do if my pizza is already stuck to the stone?

If your pizza is already stuck to the stone, do not try to scrape it off as this can damage the stone. Instead, let the stone cool completely and then soak it in warm water for 10-15 minutes. The pizza should easily release from the stone after soaking.

3. Can I use soap to clean my stone?

No, it is not recommended to use soap to clean your stone as it can absorb into the porous surface and affect the taste of your food. Instead, use a scraper or brush to remove any stuck-on food, and then wipe the stone with a damp cloth. If needed, you can use a small amount of baking soda to help remove any stubborn food particles.

4. How often should I clean my pizza stone?

It is not necessary to clean your pizza stone after every use. In fact, the stone is seasoned with each use and becomes more non-stick over time. You can wipe the stone with a damp cloth after each use to remove any excess residue. It is recommended to deep clean the stone every 3-4 uses or when it becomes visibly dirty or discolored.

5. Can I use my pizza stone on the grill?

Yes, most pizza stones are safe to use on a grill. Make sure to check the instructions for your specific stone to ensure it is safe for grilling. It is important to preheat the stone on the grill before placing the pizza on it to prevent sticking. You may also want to use a pizza peel to transfer the pizza to and from the stone on the grill.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pattybrady
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
kcjodih
  • ChefZee