• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sheet Pan Vs Stone for French Bread Pizza

In summary, to make the Stouffer's French Bread Pizza, you first preheat the oven to 425 degrees, then place the pizzas on the preheated pan. It takes 5-7 minutes to bake them.
JAE
Do you ever "make" the Stouffer's French Bread Pizza's? Whenever they go on sale, I buy a few boxes for the boys, including DH. Well, I just finally discovered the quick directions on the back of the box. First, you preheat the oven to 425 with the pan in the oven. No pizza in the oven, yet because you cook them in the microwave for 1 1/2 minutes to 2 1/2 minutes. When the oven is heated you place the pizzas on the preheated pan. It takes 5-7 minutes to bake them. Sooo much faster than baking them the entire time in the oven. It always seems to take forever. The pizzas on the sheet pans turn out very good. They aren't hard as a rock. They are nice and crisp with no mushiness.

I just discovered this since receiving my sheet pans. I figured I shouldn't preheat my oven with my stone inside to bake these pizzas. Could I use a stone to do this or is it bad for the stone to be preheated? The pizza is partially cooked and not cold any longer.

JAE~

I would think that you COULD preheat the stone, and then add the pizza. Since you said they aren't cold at that point, it should not cause thermal shock.

I eat them a lot. I always cook them on my stone and I have them and the stone in the oven during pre-heat. I do agree they are hard as a rock though! So, I will be trying my metal pan the next time I get to eat one.

I agree with Jennifer. Try preheating with them in the oven. It would do the same thing as warming them up in the microwave.

I used my metal sheet pan to reheat some Chicago deep dish :) and it worked great!

Generally, I like to use the stones because they keep the pizza warm, but this French bread pizza is so hard. I will try it again, following the same insructions, but I'll try a stone to see if it's crispy rather than hard like on the sheet pan. I'll report back. Of course, I don't have any left. I'll be waiting until they are on sale again.:)

What is the difference between using a sheet pan or a stone for French bread pizza?

The main difference between using a sheet pan and a stone for French bread pizza is the texture and crispiness of the crust. A sheet pan will result in a softer crust, while a stone will create a crispy, golden crust.

Can I use a sheet pan instead of a stone for French bread pizza?

Yes, you can use a sheet pan as an alternative to a stone for French bread pizza. However, the crust will not be as crispy as it would be when using a stone.

Do I need to preheat the sheet pan or stone before using it for French bread pizza?

Yes, it is recommended to preheat both the sheet pan and stone before using them for French bread pizza. This will ensure that the crust cooks evenly and becomes crispy.

How do I clean a sheet pan or stone after making French bread pizza?

To clean a sheet pan, simply wash it with warm soapy water and scrub off any stuck-on food. For a stone, allow it to cool completely before rinsing it with warm water and using a scraper to remove any debris. Avoid using soap on a stone as it can absorb the scent and affect the taste of future pizzas.

Which is better for making multiple pizzas at once, a sheet pan or a stone?

A stone is typically better for making multiple pizzas at once as it retains heat better and helps create a crispy crust. However, if you do not have a stone, you can still use a sheet pan to make multiple pizzas, but you may need to adjust the cooking time and temperature.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Malinda Klein
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
priscilla
  • slapsappyhappy