• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Afraid of Ruining Large Bar Stone

In summary, the first time someone used their pizza stone, they made strombolis. The cheese leaked out and the stone looked horriable. Over time, with use, the stone will change color and the markings from baking will disappear. Parchment paper can be used if desired, but the stone will naturally season over time.
pctharper
Gold Member
For my last birthday, my mom got me a pizza stone from Kitchen Collections. The first time I used it I made strombolis on it. When the grease and cheese leaked out from the bolis, it really made my stone look horriable. It looks like there's still cheese burnt on it and I can't get it to look good at all.

I am making bolis for the first time tonight since I got my large bar pan. I'm tempted to make them on it, but I'm afriad I'm going to end up with the same result. Will this, the PC bar pan, be easier to clean up? I know its fairly easy to clean after the 3 cheese garden pizza and chocolate chip cookies, but thats all I've used it for so far! You can still kinda see chocolate chip marks on it, but they are very small and light.

Is it actual food on there or is it the seasoning that happens naturally? You could put down parchment paper if you wanted to but if it's natural seasoning, that's what you want to do to you stones.

PC stones are different from other stones. Still, over time your stone should change color as it seasons. Don't be afraid to bake your bolis on your stone. They'll be great.

pctharper - as you use your stones, there will be stains, blotches and dots and other patterns that will will form on them. this is a GOOD THING! This is the natural seasoning process of the stone. This seasoning, just like the way a cast iron skillet seasons, is not something you want to get rid of. This actually forms a non-stick, easy to clean - food that is - surface. Yes, go a head and use parchment if you wish, but look at the color of these letters. This is the color of my very first Round Baking Stone I got in 1997. It is wonderful, bakes beautifully and nothing, and I mean nothing, sticks to it at all. I would not trade it for anything!

At my last show, I had a customer get so excited because she could now 'let' her boyfriend use his old stone that she thought was just dirty and couldn't get clean. lol When I finished my demo, she actually went outside and called him this just to tell him the good news! Apparently, she wanted to throw it away and he wouldn't let her. He insisted it was supposed to be that way, but I guess he just got tired of arguing his point and hoped one day someone would back up his story. That was his lucky night.

I use parchment. Baking soda paste should get the chocolate chip marks off.

Don't worry about the markings. I had a similar thing happen when I made a braid on my rectangle stone when it was new. Seeing the rectangle shape outline made it look "dirty" and as though I didn't clean it. But as I used it for other things, all the markings kind of faded or blended together. So eventually, it "seasons" pretty much everywhere and it looks fine.You want this to happen because using a seasoned stone really makes for a great final product. I'm too cheap and lazy to deal with parchment paper all the time. ;) Sometimes red sauce or chocolate chips leave residual colors behind. I just use baking soda and the PC kitchen brush and scrub it. That usually does the trick.

Cook some bacon in it in the oven about 20 minutes at 400 degrees. That will season the entire bottom surface. Lots of hot water and friction will remove the grease.

1. How do I properly clean a large bar stone?

The best way to clean a large bar stone is to scrape off any food residue with a spatula or scraper, then wash it with warm water and mild dish soap. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners as they can damage the stone. Rinse thoroughly and dry with a soft cloth before storing.

2. Can I use soap on my large bar stone?

Yes, you can use mild dish soap to clean your large bar stone. Just be sure to rinse it off thoroughly and dry it completely before using it again. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners as they can damage the stone.

3. How do I prevent my large bar stone from cracking?

To prevent cracking, it is important to properly care for your large bar stone. Always allow it to cool down completely before cleaning or adding more food. Avoid sudden temperature changes, such as placing a hot stone in cold water. Also, be sure to place the stone in the oven as it preheats to avoid thermal shock.

4. Can I use my large bar stone on the grill?

No, we do not recommend using your large bar stone on the grill. The high heat and direct flame can cause the stone to crack or break. It is best to use it in the oven or on the stovetop.

5. How do I store my large bar stone?

To store your large bar stone, make sure it is completely dry and clean. You can stack it with other stones, as long as they are separated by a layer of parchment paper to prevent scratching. Avoid storing it in a humid or damp environment, as this can cause the stone to absorb moisture and potentially crack.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • dancedivine
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • Gypsy Rose