• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

The Biggest Loser: Who's Your Favorite Contestant?

In summary, the show "Biggest Loser" is about people who try to lose weight and are often successful. It is interesting to watch because it is not like the other reality shows where people fight and are mean to each other. This show is more about working together as a team.
Kathytnt
Anyone watch the Biggest Loser??

I haven't...is it good?

Hubby and I have Biggest Loser night - Healthy dinner then jump on the exercise bikes for the whole show. Helps me keep motivates. Wish we had more healthy PC recipes.

It amazes me how much weight these people lose each week - it's on tonight - Catch it

I l ove the biggest loser it seems to help motiate me

Perhaps we should have a weight support group on here - The recipes for Pampered Chef are tasty but tough on a diet. I was doing the Harvest Chicken Salad until the spinach scare.

I love this show! I am not overweight (just puffy and preggo) but I love watching the show and can't "weight" to see how much the other people lost at home! Sorry for the bad joke, I couldn't help myself!

Preggo is good - It's the time to eat healthy. Gillian do you have other children???

I hate to say I dont put the weight on when I am preggo I put it on after the birth at least I did with #2

I have two other children- Alexia is almost 3 and Colton is 18 months next week...tear!

I save the healthy eating for the 2nd and 3rd trimester! I eat what my gag reflex lets me in the 1st, LOL!

Kathytnt said:
I was doing the Harvest Chicken Salad until the spinach scare.

This is good. I always make mine with romaine lettuce instead of spinach. Give it a try.

Never been preggers but I can only imagine. I got married in my mid-40's Anniversary #1 is On Sunday. I am sitting here trying to figure out if all this depression and weirdness is my starting to go through perimenopause - Making me feel really old.

Gillian I totally understand what you mean by saying you eat what you can during your 1st trimester good luck with the rest of your pregnancy

I would love to pretend that I am the model pregnant mommy! I just ate a salad, but it was swimming in bacon ranch and it was just to fill me up before a pizza party later. I will miss BL tonight because I will be stuffing my face with pizza! Ironic, huh??

Well you go in your veggies - The pizza has the tomato sauce so you got some lycopine. The cheese has calcium. I see know problem there
= )

I love the veggie lover's pizza from Pizza Hut, so I do get some REAL veggies in there, even though they are covered in grease!

Someone from my hometown is on the Biggest Loser right now. :)

I love the Biggest Loser. It's the best reality show in that it doesn't focus on a lot of fighting and back stabbing that the others use for ratings. My family (even my 11 yr old likes it) has watched it since it started.

I was disappointed tonight in the way the "ranch" team treated the new "at home" contestants. They were a bit nasty. I understand they have formed a bond with each other but come on retract the claws!!

Unfortunately, I usually watch it while eating a bowl of ice cream or nibbling on chips!! :eek: :eek: After church tonight, I mentioned that I needed to get home for the 2 hour special and my son told everyone that I always ate a big bowl of ice cream while watching! I need to remind him that "what happens at home, stays at home"!! Especially if it involves ME!!

Unfortunately, I usually watch it while eating a bowl of ice cream or nibbling on chips!! :eek: :eek: After church tonight, I mentioned that I needed to get home for the 2 hour special and my son told everyone that I always ate a big bowl of ice cream while watching! I need to remind him that "what happens at home, stays at home"!! Especially if it involves ME!![/QUOTE]

That is to funny totally me sometimes though, maybe that is why I cant take this baby weight off:)

GeorgiaPeach said:
Unfortunately, I usually watch it while eating a bowl of ice cream or nibbling on chips!! :eek: :eek:

I had to laugh because that is exactly what I was doing watching it tonight. Ben & Jerry's. Not one, but 2 flavors; Brownie Batter and Dave Matthew's Band Magic Brownies. Yummers. But I only had 3 little scoops of each. Much better than my husband who will eat a whole container of Cherry Garcia in one sitting!

I love your kids' names!!! any ideas for new baby's name??

Alexis and Colton
lizcooks4u said:

now it's telling me I haven't typed enough in :(

Well I have a red dress that I need to fit into by the cruise we are doing on in two weeks. It fits and zips up but it is a little tight through the tummy. :eek:

Having trouble staying away from sugar. The other outfit I am wearing has lots of room.

Last cruise we were on they actually had a chocolate buffet!!! :eek:

I absolutely LOVE THIS SHOW!! I've watched every episode from every season. It's a huge inspiration. I tried to apply for show #2, but couldn't because of baby #2.

I loved the fact that the At-Home contestants had the highest percentages of weight loss. At first I really like the new girl, but GOOD LORD, THAT GIRL IS WHINY!!! I just can't abide whininess. It drives me nuts. I was totally on her side about not feeling the intensity in Kim's workout, but to refuse to work with a trainer is ridiculous. I'd give anything to drop the 100lbs I've gained in the last 9 years and it drives me crazy that she was whining about it all when ALL she has to do is workout and eat right. I mean come on, if you can't follow the program and lose weight at the ranch, then GO HOME AND GIVE SOMEONE ELSE THE CHANCE!!

Sorry, I got on my soap box there for a minute!!

Kathytnt said:
Well I have a red dress that I need to fit into by the cruise we are doing on in two weeks. It fits and zips up but it is a little tight through the tummy. :eek:

Having trouble staying away from sugar. The other outfit I am wearing has lots of room.

Last cruise we were on they actually had a chocolate buffet!!! :eek:

You might try the Body for Life program. From what I can tell, it's a lot like the Biggest Loser Plan. The website is http://www.bodyforlife.com It really helped me slim down before baby #2. I lost about 2 pants sizes and about 40 lbs of fat in about 5 weeks. DH lost 4 pants sizes and 60 lbs of fat in about 6 weeks. There's a lot of working out to it though. I don't have the money for a gym membership right now or I'd be following it myself. I try to follow the healthy eating plan anyway, but it's hard to do all by myself. DH doesn't want to do just the eating plan if he can't also do the training plan.

There is 4 books out about this plan now. Body for Life, Eating for Life Cookbook, Body for Life Journal and Body for Life for Women! They are all great!!

Last edited:
I love the idea of the Body for life program but I need to do something my hubby and I can do together. I have trouble getting hubby on the BFL bandwagon. I have tried it in the past and for some reason had little measurable success although many other people do. Perhaps I am not working out hard enough even though I was mucho sore or not eating right or something. I love the BFL people - I have met and talked with Bill Phillips, Porter Freeman, Kelly Adair, Abb Ansley and the like.

My most recent success has been with the Weight Watchers Core program.

I always eat protein at every meal due to my hypoglycemia

Kathytnt said:
I always eat protein at every meal due to my hypoglycemia

Do you eat a carb with that protein? My problem was that I didn't really now what carbs were before BFL. MY Dh LOVES the BFL program. I quit much sooner than he did, due to work schedule changing and was amazed that he stayed on it even after I quit. My MIL is paying for my gym membership for Christmas so, I'm hoping to lose a bunch of weight after the holidays.

lizcooks4u said:

Hey Liz- My daughter's name is Alexia, not Alexis, which we have trouble with because of the popularity of the latter! We haven't decided on the baby's name yet. We will find out the sex around Christmas and go from there. It is a lot easier to agree on one name instead of two!

As for biggest loser- We had it on in the background at the party, so I only saw bits and pieces. I saw who went home, but didn't see why. Why did only 1 person out of the duo go home? How did they decide between the two people on the lowest losing (gaining:eek: ) team?

gilliandanielle said:
As for biggest loser- We had it on in the background at the party, so I only saw bits and pieces. I saw who went home, but didn't see why. Why did only 1 person out of the duo go home? How did they decide between the two people on the lowest losing (gaining:eek: ) team?

Yep, the other duos had to choose between Bobby or Heather to send home. The duo teams are now gone!! It's every man or woman for themselves. I think Bobby got sent home because he's been saying for a while that he misses his family and wants to go home. I think I would have sent home Heather because she GAINED 4lbs!!! Come on. All they have to do is eat and workout. You'll never make me believe that she didn't do it on purpose!! Just like I believe Eric did it on purpose last week!!

Who was it that flipped out in the preview for next week? The new girl?

Yep! That's what it looked like to me!! You may be able to watch the episodes online at nbc.com

Ok, thanks!

Eric gained intentionally last week and lost 20 lbs this week. Heather gained intentionally this week. I really don't like the guys against the girls mentality. I am glad they are at least using % of weight loss but I think body fat loss would be w better measure - What about ladies when we get TOM. Some can gain a lot of water weight during that time.

Why would Heather gain intentionally if that would put her up for elimination? Did she know that no one would vote for her??

In my opinion, I believe she did it because she's trying to get the girls to the end. The newbies both joined the red team and didn't really bond with Bobby, so she must of thought that they wouldn't vote for her.

I can't really figure out anyone that I want to win They have sent home most of the people I was rooting for

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchefrhondab
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
skaugchef
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered.chris
Replies