• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What happened to The Biggest Loser?

In summary, the new season of The Biggest Loser is starting tonight and many people are excited for the premiere. One person has already lost 75 lbs using the Bodybugg system. Some viewers plan to watch the show using DVR to skip through commercials and drama. The new season has a twist where some contestants who didn't make it on the ranch may still have a chance to participate. The cast includes many people who have experienced the loss of a loved one, and there is speculation that this was purposefully chosen by the producers. Some viewers already have their eye on certain contestants, while others are not sure yet who their favorite will be.
pampchefrhondab
I'm so excited, the new season of The Biggest Loser starts tonight!!

BTW - an update on my Bodybugg. I have lost 75 lbs. now!

Anyone else excited about The Biggest Loser?

CANNOT WAIT!! It always give me SO much motivation to watch their journeys. I'm still fighting my last 15 pounds and I keep thinking.. man, if they can do, I sure as heck can do it!! LOL!

pampchefrhondab said:
BTW - an update on my Bodybugg. I have lost 75 lbs. now!

Rhonda,

This is absolutely fantastic!!!!

It may be time for me to make the investment in myself.

I love to watch it - but usually I'm at shows when it's on. I have a rare Tuesday night at home this week, so at least I can catch the premiere!

There is someone selling a bodybugg on our local craigslist for $50. It has been up there awhile and dropped from $200. I just can't spend the money every month to do the system. Glad to see it is successful. I will be on the treadmill during every commercial break tonight. I plan to weigh in every tuesday to try and keep myself on track.

Becky, do you have DVR? That's the only way I'll watch BL. They do so much repeating after commercial breaks and I usually forward through a lot of the elimination drama, too. I can watch a 2 hour episode in under an hour on my DVR.

THat's wierd...I hadn't seen a single commercial for it! I was wondering when it would start. Of course, I'm not sure that we even watch NBC all that much except when BL is on.

DebbieJ said:
Becky, do you have DVR? That's the only way I'll watch BL. They do so much repeating after commercial breaks and I usually forward through a lot of the elimination drama, too. I can watch a 2 hour episode in under an hour on my DVR.

Nope. I try to catch it later online when I can, but so many times I don't have the time to sit and watch it later.

I'm excited about tonight though!

Thanks Jeanine. It's still a lot of work to lose weight, but it's the tool that works for me.

$50 for a Bodybugg is a good deal. The monthly fee is not that much. I think I paid less than $100 for a year (I'm thinking $72).

I will DVR the show a lot too and watch it in the morning. It does take a lot less time to watch.

Tonight's show was an interesting twist. It took a little long for me and I fell asleep through part of it (showing my age LOL). I like the shows that don't have relatives in it so I think this will be a good season.

pampchefrhondab said:
Thanks Jeanine. It's still a lot of work to lose weight, but it's the tool that works for me.

Rhonda, absolutely it is hard work. That's why you are to be commended (and why I haven't committed to the effort :()

Does anyone else sit there and get teary-eyed when you hear the contestants stories? Sometimes it's just because they are so heavy and I'm sure they feel beaten down before they begin. I have less to lose than they do and I know how insurmountable it can feel for me.

Rhonda,If I purchase a "used" bodybugg, can you let me know what information I need from them to be able to set up my own account online. Or anything else I should know/ask about it when I approach the seller?

Congrats Rhonda!!!

Thoughts from the premiere... My fingers are crossed that the people that didn't get on the ranch b/c they lost the challenge will get to make an appearance at the ranch in a little bit. I could see that being a twist. Those people need it the most. Maybe they make them into another team or make them at-home contestants.

I think the cast is very heavy (pun not intended) on people who had a relative die. I foresee lots of counseling sessions with Jillian. I really felt for the woman last season (or the season before?) who's husband and kids had died in a car accident, but she didn't dwell on it. The producers did.

Becca, they did mention that twist at the end, that those people are still in the running. I think they had great success with people watching and loving Abby (the one you mentioned) so I am sure they picked people with that in mind, but how many actually made it to the ranch? I don't have a favorite yet, but the physical thearapist that won his mile's face mannerisms drive me crazy. Mara

Hey Jeanine, I don't cry, but I do feel so sorry for them not only for the problems in their lives, but for their weight. I too know how hard it is to lose weight and how hopeless you can feel. One of the guys was saying he tells himself it's no good for him (food), but he just can't stop eating it. I can relate to that.

I'm not sure what yo will need to set up your own account online since they used the BB already. My husband had one which my daughter now uses. We just logged him in and then changed the information. Not sure how you do it w/o the login from the person you buy it from. Go to Bodybugg.com and see if you can email someone to ask them. They also have a facebook page. Maybe you can post on there and someone will know. I know some people on there have purchased used ones.

Thanks Becca. I too hope the ones who didn't make it still have a chance. I think they will since they spent so much time telling their stories.

I had recorded and fast forward through the commerciall's. But the stories were all wonderful and heartbreaking. Can't wait to see how they all succeed. Also get's myself motivated for the next part of my own weightloss journey.

SSSSSOOOOO aggrevated by tonight's episode!!! ggggrrrr!

Karma will get him. Glad to see Anna got to stay. They should have gotten rid of Elizabeth. Don't know why it looks like Ada is voting with the alliance. The women should have wised up and voted off one of the alliance. Now that would have been a shocker!!!

I liked the reward challenge.

Lord I cried like a baby watching the episode. It was nice to see some of the black team give up their letters from home to the blue team. I was shocked at the elimination, but I am glad that they did not vote the new girl off. I have to say that the eliminated player has done a FANTASTIC job at home. Can't wait to see what they look like at the finalle!

Yes, the eliminated player looked fabulous. Did you see the goal # set for the finale? That would be great! That player has a very good chance of winning the at-home challenge.

What are your thoughts on the last episode of TBG? Lots of surprises!!!

I think that the black team threw the weigh in. You know Fredo wanted to get rid of who htye got rid of! It makes me mad. I loved last season, where everyone was a team despite blue Vs. Black. They were there to get healthy.

I missed the last little bit (from just before the last person weighed in on) due to the election (preempted because of governor's race results)...was so BUMMED!

Thanks for reminding me to go look...

I didn't get to see it. :(

I was so disappointed to see 2010 Voting Status on TV instead of Biggest Loser. I watched Biggest Loser on nbc.com Wednesday night.

Related to What happened to The Biggest Loser?

What is "Biggest Loser Starts Tonight!"?

"Biggest Loser Starts Tonight!" is a special event hosted by Pampered Chef, where we provide support and resources for individuals who are looking to kickstart their weight loss journey.

Who can participate in "Biggest Loser Starts Tonight!"?

Anyone can participate in "Biggest Loser Starts Tonight!" It is open to all Pampered Chef customers and consultants who are looking to make positive changes in their health and wellness.

How long does "Biggest Loser Starts Tonight!" last?

"Biggest Loser Starts Tonight!" is a 12-week program, starting from the kickoff date. However, we encourage participants to continue their healthy habits beyond the 12 weeks for long-term success.

What resources are provided in "Biggest Loser Starts Tonight!"?

Participants will have access to weekly meal plans, fitness tips, and support from fellow participants and Pampered Chef consultants. We also offer exclusive deals on our healthy cooking products to help with meal prep.

Is there a cost to participate in "Biggest Loser Starts Tonight!"?

No, there is no cost to participate in "Biggest Loser Starts Tonight!" It is a complimentary program provided by Pampered Chef to support our customers and consultants in their health and wellness goals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pampchefrhondab
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
PamperedK
Replies
Views
Chef Kearns