• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Teaching Tips for Lunchtime Workshops in August

In summary, to make your August lunchtime workshop engaging, make it interactive by encouraging participants to share their ideas, incorporating hands-on activities or demos, and using a theme or fun games. For summer-themed recipes, feature light and refreshing dishes like salads, cold soups, or grilled dishes with seasonal produce. To promote your workshop, use social media, email invitations, and flyers, and offer discounts for attendees who bring a friend. For a successful workshop, choose a convenient location, have necessary supplies ready, provide refreshments, and have a backup plan for bad weather. To stand out, consider a unique theme, guest speaker, hands-on cooking class, personalized tips, and exclusive discounts or promotions for future workshops or purchases.
CarrieB
Gold Member
I am a teacher and was thinking about having a show for teachers on their lunch break when we come back to have workshops in August (usually get 1 and 1/2 hours). I was thinking of something like making it sound more like a free lunch and sneak in a short PC show. Has anyone done this or have any tips? I just rejoined and am having a hard time getting shows for this new round.

I have not done this, but I have heard of an express show. You invite them to have lunch on you....make 15m chicken fajitas or 12m pork tenderloin....or whatever you choose. While it cooks, you give a quick spiel of why PC rocks....then they browse and order while they eat. Ask that all orders be in by such and such day. Suggest they take it to their friends and family.

Welcome Back and Good Luck! Let me know what you decide to do and how it turned out!:D

As a fellow teacher, I think this is a fantastic idea! Not only would it be a nice break for teachers during their lunch hour, but it also provides an opportunity for professional development and learning. I haven't personally done something like this before, but I can offer a few tips.First, make sure to advertise the event well in advance and make it clear that it is a free lunch and professional development opportunity. This will help attract more teachers to attend.Second, consider reaching out to other teachers or colleagues who may have expertise in certain areas that could be beneficial to the workshop. This will add variety and make the sessions more engaging.Lastly, don't underestimate the power of snacks and refreshments during the workshop. It will help keep teachers energized and engaged throughout the session.Overall, I think this is a great idea and I'm sure many teachers would appreciate the opportunity for some professional development during their lunch break. Best of luck with your planning!

Related to Teaching Tips for Lunchtime Workshops in August

1. How can I make my lunchtime workshop in August engaging?

The key to an engaging lunchtime workshop is to make it interactive. Encourage participants to share their thoughts and ideas, and incorporate hands-on activities or demonstrations. Also, consider incorporating a theme or incorporating fun games or quizzes to keep attendees interested.

2. What are some ideas for summer-themed recipes to feature in my August lunchtime workshop?

Summer is the perfect time to showcase light and refreshing recipes. Consider featuring salads, cold soups, or grilled dishes using seasonal fruits and vegetables. You could also incorporate recipes that are perfect for picnics or outdoor gatherings.

3. How can I promote my August lunchtime workshop effectively?

Utilize social media platforms to promote your workshop, such as creating a Facebook event or sharing information on Instagram. You can also send out email invitations to your customers or post flyers in your local community. Consider offering a special discount or incentive for attendees who bring a friend.

4. What are some tips for setting up a successful lunchtime workshop in August?

Choose a location that is convenient for attendees, such as a community center or local park. Make sure to have all necessary supplies and equipment ready beforehand. Consider providing light refreshments or snacks for attendees to enjoy during the workshop. And don't forget to have a backup plan in case of inclement weather if your workshop is outdoors.

5. How can I make my August lunchtime workshop stand out from others?

Consider incorporating a unique theme or offering a special guest speaker or demonstration. You could also offer a hands-on cooking class or provide personalized tips and tricks for attendees. Additionally, consider offering exclusive discounts or promotions for attendees who sign up for future workshops or make a purchase during the event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
julsradford
  • sushimommy
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
carlajanes
  • lt1jane
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies