• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tripping up on My Words for Rsvp Calls

In summary, the speaker is feeling nervous about making phone calls to invite people to their Power Cooking Workshop. They want to know how to approach the calls without overwhelming people with too much information. They also struggle with being confident and effective in promoting their event. The advice given is to keep the calls simple and genuine, and to remember that their friends and family are likely to be supportive and excited about the workshop.
babywings76
Gold Member
I mailed out invitations to my Power Cooking Workshop to all my friends, family, and past hosts. I'm calling everyone today to see if they can come. I just keep messing up and sounding like an idiot when I call. Can someone help me find the words to say?

I feel stupid saying "I was wondering if you got my invitation and if you had a chance to check your calendar to see if you could come" That sounds like I am disappointed they didn't call me yet. Do I say "Hi, I am having a Power Cooking Workshop this Saturday and was hoping you could come. I'm going to be showing how to make 4 meals in the time it takes to make one. We'll eat one for lunch, plus I'm going to have appetizers. I'm also going to share some time saving tips and recipes. "

It just sounds like too much. I don't want to overwhelm people w/ info. If they got the invite, all the details were there, so do I even need to say all that?

Why can't I host coach myself well? Why am I a chicken at picking up the phone?

My first 2 calls were to my neighbors and they went over poorly and were awkward.

This is a fair approximation of what I'd say:Hi, just trying to get a head count for my Power Cooking Workshop. Are you going to be able to attend?If I were leaving a message I'd tell them to call me either way so I'd be sure they got the message.

Hi there, don't worry, you're not alone in feeling nervous about making phone calls. It can be intimidating to reach out to people, especially when it's about something you're passionate about like your Power Cooking Workshop. But don't let that stop you from promoting your event and sharing your enthusiasm with others!First of all, remember that your friends, family, and past hosts are all people who care about you and want to support you. They will most likely be happy to hear from you and excited about your workshop, so try not to overthink it too much.When making your calls, keep it simple and genuine. You can start by saying something like, "Hey, I just wanted to check in and see if you received my invitation to the Power Cooking Workshop. I would love for you to join us if you're available." This lets them know that you're reaching out because you genuinely want them to be a part of your event.If they seem interested, you can then share a brief overview of what the workshop will entail, such as "I'll be showing how to make 4 meals in the time it takes to make one, and we'll also have some delicious appetizers to enjoy. Plus, I'll be sharing some time-saving tips and recipes." Keep it short and to the point, and let them know that all the details are in the invitation they received.If they are unable to attend, that's okay too. Simply thank them for considering it and let them know they are welcome to join in the future if they are available.Remember, confidence comes with practice. Don't be too hard on yourself for feeling nervous or making mistakes. Just keep practicing and you'll get better at it. And most importantly, have fun with it! Your workshop sounds like a great opportunity for people to learn and have a good time, so share that excitement with others. Good luck!

1. How can I improve my communication skills for making RSVP calls?

The best way to improve your communication skills for RSVP calls is to practice. Role play with a friend or family member, or record yourself making the calls and listen back for areas of improvement. You can also try speaking slowly and clearly, and taking pauses to gather your thoughts before speaking.

2. What should I do if I accidentally stumble over my words during an RSVP call?

If you trip up on your words during an RSVP call, simply take a deep breath and start over. It's important to stay calm and composed, and the person on the other end will appreciate your effort to communicate clearly. You can also try writing down key points or reminders before making the call to help you stay on track.

3. How can I build confidence when making RSVP calls?

Confidence comes with practice and preparation. Before making RSVP calls, take some time to review the script and familiarize yourself with the products or event you are promoting. Remind yourself of your strengths and the value you bring to the conversation. You can also try standing up or smiling while speaking, as this can help boost confidence.

4. What are some common stumbling points during RSVP calls?

Some common stumbling points during RSVP calls include forgetting important details or information, getting flustered or losing your train of thought, and struggling to answer unexpected questions. It's helpful to have a cheat sheet or notes in front of you to refer to during the call, and to practice handling different scenarios beforehand.

5. How can I make my RSVP calls more engaging and personable?

To make your RSVP calls more engaging and personable, try to speak in a conversational tone and ask open-ended questions that encourage the person to share their thoughts. Use active listening techniques, such as summarizing what the person has said and asking follow-up questions. You can also try incorporating personal anecdotes or stories to make a genuine connection with the person on the other end.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Rule77
  • KarenMarie
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pjpamchef
  • kdangel518
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies