• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Thoughts on 2011 Conference Workshops

In summary, the conference was informative and provided a wealth of tips and tricks for those looking to launch and grow their businesses. The highlight for me was the seminar with Micheal Reed, who was hilarious and gave great advice on how to make your business successful.
Liseit said:
I also did the Book Smart-Fill your calendar workshop. It was full of information but flew by too fast. They did warn us at the beginning that both Lura Antokal & Cindy Peterson talk fast so they said not to try to keep up--they would email the notes to everyone. I hope they do...

Would you mind posting if they do?

Also, for those who loved their workshops....care to post a few or all of your favorite tips? Much appreciated!

Ginger428 said:
JMHO...but maybe you took the wrong class, maybe you should focus more on bookings & host coaching. HTH....:)

If only it was that easy. I am in the C-TL group also, and only had one choice available for my workshops. The other two were picked for me. So I really hope some good speakers/workshops are on the Online Training Center.

I liked Tammy Stanley's "Powerful.." workshop bu ti have heard it all before, lots. I owned her CDs, say her at a local workshop, and other tele courses. I was able to fill in most of my notes from memory. :)

Super Sellers was good, but wasn't what I needed in my business at this time.

I stayed thru all of them, because I felt I paid for it so I should listen. I took notes, and maybe got a few things out of it all, but I was disappointed I. That regards. My biggest motivation came from Sharon Zeller when she talked about passion.

heather223 said:
My other class was "Path to $1,000 shows." The information presented was great, but I don't feel the title described the class very well, it really was just a host coaching class. As a new director I feel that I could have taken a class that may have been more useful to me. (I promoted to Director on July 1st and was so excited I forgot to review what classes I could take!) I did get some good tips out of it.

I presented one of the Path to $1,000 Shows workshops. I am not sure if you guys realize but presenters are given a guideline of what they do and do not want us presenting. And, while the title was "Path to $1000 Shows" we were asked to focus on host coaching. And truly...host coaching IS what gets you to $1,000 shows. Having $1,000 shows has less to do with what you do AT your show than it does what you do BEFORE and AFTER the show believe it or not. :)

dannyzmom said:
I presented one of the Path to $1,000 Shows workshops. I am not sure if you guys realize but presenters are given a guideline of what they do and do not want us presenting. And, while the title was "Path to $1000 Shows" we were asked to focus on host coaching. And truly...host coaching IS what gets you to $1,000 shows. Having $1,000 shows has less to do with what you do AT your show than it does what you do BEFORE and AFTER the show believe it or not. :)
Clarification - when I just re-read my post, it sounds totally like I am being snotty and snippy. I don't mean it that way AT ALL. I think it's really important for those of you with show averages you'd like to increase, that you realize all you need for $1000 shows is two things:
LOTS OF PEOPLE
LOTS OF ORDERS
And the only way to do that is with HARD CORE HOST COACHING
Things like upselling and cross selling will boost your show a few bucks here & there. Knowing your product and being passionate about your product will add a couple of bucks here & there...but without HARD CORE HOST COACHING you won't have the two basic ingredients you need:
LOTS OF PEOPLE
LOTS OF ORDERS

dannyzmom said:
Clarification - when I just re-read my post, it sounds totally like I am being snotty and snippy. I don't mean it that way AT ALL. I think it's really important for those of you with show averages you'd like to increase, that you realize all you need for $1000 shows is two things:
LOTS OF PEOPLE
LOTS OF ORDERS
Things like upselling and cross selling will boost your show a few bucks here & there. Knowing your product and being passionate about your product will add a couple of bucks here & there...but without HARD CORE HOST COACHING you won't have the two basic ingredients you need:
LOTS OF PEOPLE
LOTS OF ORDERS

Preach it sistah!

dannyzmom said:
LOTS OF PEOPLE
LOTS OF ORDERS
LOTS OF PEOPLE
LOTS OF ORDERS

I don't think what you originally said was snotty or snippy, just honest. And you are absolutely right. I think I just had it in my head that it would be about something else and then it wasn't. It still was a GREAT class and I did learn things from it! Thank you for reminding me of that! :chef:

dannyzmom said:
LOTS OF PEOPLE
LOTS OF ORDERS
LOTS OF PEOPLE
LOTS OF ORDERS

Well personally I thought you sounded like a total snot/ snip and I don't think I can ever talk to you again. JUST KIDDING!!! Actually it is always a good reminder! :D And fairly simple when you break it down.

Ginger428 said:
JMHO...but maybe you took the wrong class, maybe you should focus more on bookings & host coaching. HTH....:)

I was REQUIRED to take that class!! (Super Sellers Live) I would have gone for a bookings or host coaching class if I would have had the choice. That is what I wanted to take and was not give then choice! HO got my opinion on that let me tell you.

The other class I took was excellent and one I wanted and needed.

Carolyn, one of my teammates was in your workshop and she loved it. I would love to see your notes and so would she.

RE: You were not required to go. You could have opted out and not gone to any training at that time.

Ok, maybe it was "required" but "assigned" is just as bad. Clearly we were cheated out of another workshop that we wanted to take that would have been more timely for our biz. And you can be sure I let HO know on my survey.

NooraK said:
Thank you all for sharing all these great things.

I was not able to go, but when I went two years ago a Director said something interesting. She had attended a class that I was in as well, and said she had been thinking it was boring, and she knew everything. Then, she noticed a new consultant sitting near her who was hanging on every word the speakers were saying, taking copious amounts of notes, and raving about how great it all was. She said she realized that was one of the reasons she was in the class. She might know it all, but not all of her team members might. And it might give her new ideas on how to present the basics.

This is why I took the Book Smart class- to pass this valuable info onto my team. They are ALL new and still in their first 90 days. This is the info I plan to share with them tonight at our meeting. And, I was "refreshed" with the information even thought I too had heard it all before.

esavvymom said:
If only it was that easy. I am in the C-TL group also, and only had one choice available for my workshops. The other two were picked for me. So I really hope some good speakers/workshops are on the Online Training Center.

I liked Tammy Stanley's "Powerful.." workshop bu ti have heard it all before, lots. I owned her CDs, say her at a local workshop, and other tele courses. I was able to fill in most of my notes from memory. :)

Super Sellers was good, but wasn't what I needed in my business at this time.

I stayed thru all of them, because I felt I paid for it so I should listen. I took notes, and maybe got a few things out of it all, but I was disappointed I. That regards. My biggest motivation came from Sharon Zeller when she talked about passion.

I don't understand what you mean by the other 2 were picked for you? Also Sharon Zelen who is an inspiration & friend is an AWESOME person! :D

Clarifying for Ginger - As Consultants, Senior Consultants and Team Leaders, we could only choose 2 workshops - but regardless of what we chose for the 1st, the 2nd was automatically Super Sellers. We had no choice in that 2nd topic.My thoughts:Sure, you could have opted to not attend the session at all - but it wasn't like you would be able to easily sneak into a different session. If you opted to not attend Super Sellers, you were basically wasting a portion of your registration money. While the general sessions were informative and inspirational, I almost think there should be 3 time blocks set aside for smaller workshops - after all, there are 3 sides to our business {recruiting, hosting, products/selling}. By offering more sessions and not making a topic "mandatory" you give folks more of a chance to attend the sessions that would be most impactful to their business. I am definitely of the mindset that "the more times you hear something from different people, the greater the chances of it actually sinking in", so I did get something out of Super Sellers even though I had heard a lot of it before. I think it's just the "mandatory" aspect combined with a lack of other small sessions that I took issue with.

Also, I was in the $1,000 show session with Carolyn and Robin House. I thoroughly enjoyed it. At the beginning of the session, when it dawned on me that the session was mainly going to focus on host coaching, I wasn't quite sure how that lined up with the title of the session - - - but by the end, I got it. It really is true - you can't count on 10 people each spending $100 to get you that $1,000 show. You really do need "lotsa people, lots orders .... lotsa orders, lotsa people". That session was really the eye-opener I needed to be able to see something I had kinda figured out anyway - my host coaching has been far from consistent. It's definitely something I need to work on for my business.

PCLaurel said:
Clarifying for Ginger -

As Consultants, Senior Consultants and Team Leaders, we could only choose 2 workshops - but regardless of what we chose for the 1st, the 2nd was automatically Super Sellers. We had no choice in that 2nd topic.

My thoughts:

Sure, you could have opted to not attend the session at all - but it wasn't like you would be able to easily sneak into a different session. If you opted to not attend Super Sellers, you were basically wasting a portion of your registration money.

While the general sessions were informative and inspirational, I almost think there should be 3 time blocks set aside for smaller workshops - after all, there are 3 sides to our business {recruiting, hosting, products/selling}. By offering more sessions and not making a topic "mandatory" you give folks more of a chance to attend the sessions that would be most impactful to their business.

I am definitely of the mindset that "the more times you hear something from different people, the greater the chances of it actually sinking in", so I did get something out of Super Sellers even though I had heard a lot of it before. I think it's just the "mandatory" aspect combined with a lack of other small sessions that I took issue with.

everyone had 1 workshop they had to attend, although after 15 minutes of Go for No AGAIN, I walked out. But also everyone had the option of choosing 2 work shops. Also If you REALLY felt the workshop you were in was a waste of time, you did have the option of going to registration & asking them to change it. They are there for US & they really do try to please everyone....:D

When I registered for conference, I was a team leader... a month before conference I promoted to director... I didn't know I could change my workshops. I got a little out of the super sellers live, but it wasn't what I was expecting and I was a little sad because I wanted to get more out of my workshops. But I did get some tips and things I'd like to work into my shows so it wasn't a total bust....

I also took Book Smart with Lura and Cindy. I was a little mad then they said don't take notes we'll email it to you... so I took notes anyways and am HOPING they do email them. I MUST have them as this class was great. I learned so many valuable tips and they were so funny.

I need and want workshops that can help me be more consistent with getting bookings and making them stick. I want to be able to decide what I NEED to grow my business, not what HO thinks I need! My immediate goal is to become more consistent with bookings and monthly shows. Once I get that, then I want to work on growing my team and earning trips (I think those two go hand in hand.)[/QUOTE]

I agree with you completely. I was hoping to get some fresh tips on how to book better from any source!

This was my third conference and I came away from the previous 2 years with plans of action to implement. So if one of my consultants hadnt gone inactive, I would have been a team leader and been able to choose what I felt my business needed at this point. Home office decided for me that I needed to learn Super Sellers, given by the same person who spoke at my Spring Launch. I also signed up for Full-Time and Pampered Chef and that was given by none of the presenters listed on the survey!. All I can do now is laugh about it - it is done and I did have a great time on the Double Decker Busses, touring Chicago. Next year is another year.

If you haven't done your survey yet, please consider asking HO to lengthen the workshops to 1 hr 15 min. They used to be longer than the current 1 hr. The quality speakers pack in so much info and don't have time for questions. I usually learn something from the questions people ask. One of my workshops was done after 45 min. b/c they wanted to leave time for questions, which I understand, but I felt that b/c there was 15 min. left that there wasn't enough substance in the workshop itself.

We must clamor to have HO let us choose ALL of our workshops and to give us at least 3. Not that the general sessions were a waste, but I look at it that I had 2 hours of training (2 workshops) out of 3 days.

The "Go for No" was the Director training event, not technically a workshop. A few years ago HO discontinued the Director Dinner (I made it to the last one - fabulous!!) and instead created the Director Special Training Event. This is an "extra" for Directors. The 2nd part of the Director training was a complete waste. HO spent half of the time doing recognition and most of the rest going over the Beat Your Best team recruiting challenge for the summer.

vanscootin said:
When I registered for conference, I was a team leader... a month before conference I promoted to director... I didn't know I could change my workshops. I got a little out of the super sellers live, but it wasn't what I was expecting and I was a little sad because I wanted to get more out of my workshops. But I did get some tips and things I'd like to work into my shows so it wasn't a total bust....

I also took Book Smart with Lura and Cindy. I was a little mad then they said don't take notes we'll email it to you... so I took notes anyways and am HOPING they do email them. I MUST have them as this class was great. I learned so many valuable tips and they were so funny.

I don't understand why they said they would email you. They do not have your emails, unless you give it to them. I do know that alot of the speakers will put on their web sites their notes. If you remember their names or have their web sites, go there & check it out...HTH

Ginger428 said:
I don't understand why they said they would email you. They do not have your emails, unless you give it to them. I do know that alot of the speakers will put on their web sites their notes. If you remember their names or have their web sites, go there & check it out...HTH

The workshops I was in, the speakers asked that we drop off our business cards if we wanted notes, etc and they would email them to us. That's how they get our email addresses.

I liked my workshops although I was only given the option to select one. I'm a SC and the HO selected Tammy Stanley and Super Sellers for me. Personally I would have rather selected a workshop to help with my recruiting but I wasn't able to. I had to choose between Working a Full Time Job and the Recruiting.. I wanted both.I did mention on my survey that I appreciated all of the training, but if I'm going to pay for my workshops, I would like to have the option of which workshops I want to attend. I don't know how much extra work it creates for the HO to plan these workshop schedules, so my guess is that it isn't a piece of cake.

chefsteph07 said:
The workshops I was in, the speakers asked that we drop off our business cards if we wanted notes, etc and they would email them to us. That's how they get our email addresses.

Oh..ok, thanks! :D

PCLaurel said:
That session was really the eye-opener I needed to be able to see something I had kinda figured out anyway - my host coaching has been far from consistent. It's definitely something I need to work on for my business.

In host coaching, consistency is the key. Do the same thing with every host, every time...and it'll be easy...create a system and follow it EVERY time.
Lotsa People
Lotsa Orders

dannyzmom said:
In host coaching, consistency is the key. Do the same thing with every host, every time...and it'll be easy...create a system and follow it EVERY time.
Lotsa People
Lotsa Orders
I want notes from the HOT mama! Wish I could have been in your workshop my lady friend! Next year...we go out for a night on the town! You hear??!!

I am hoping someone post some notes as well, I keep checking. Unable to attend this year too.

ChefCKHall said:
I want notes from the HOT mama! Wish I could have been in your workshop my lady friend! Next year...we go out for a night on the town! You hear??!!

Hey, no fair asking for notes if you haven't shared your own!

kcmckay said:
Rae,

Who were your speakers?? Were you in my class and I didn't see you again?? I took it with Tammy MacDonald and Marlo Hoyt. If you were in that one did you find the critique your week form they were talking about? I can't find it on CC.

Yes, that's the one. I was the one in the very brightly-colored top in the front row on the left side.

When they mentioned the Critique Your Week I thought I knew what they were talking about. It was a place for you to write down everything you do for a week. That way you can critically consider whether you're using your time well. But, I can't find it.

Here you go, enter if you dare! I covered why folks host, booking outside the cooking shows, phone, and why every month is a good month. Got a little bogged down in 30 second commercial as NO ONE had one...not one hand raised. Then ran out of time and was unable to cover a lot of what I had planned. Chalk it up to experience...next year will be different if I am asked again. So much I wanted to share but no time...really makes it hard to be concise. I do not have my co-presenters notes so this is just my side.However, my workshop was to be SIMPLE ways to book shows. I have a feeling folks were looking for more substance which time definitely would not allow. I have shared that with HO...we need more time to be more in-depth with our presentations.But I got a lot of really good feedback from many. New consultants gave great feedback. More experienced consultants on up seemed to be wanting more meat which time did not allow to cover a lot of bases I personally would have wanted to. And yes, we were given an outline on what we needed to cover so it was definitely a challenge!

Attachments

• Book Smart_Simple Ways to Fill Your Calendar_CK Hall.doc
    54 KB · Views: 701
First CK I was so bummed I didn't get into your class you must have been on the track A I was asking a team mate who had the same class but she did not have you either.
Rae, Bobby and PC Jane I got to meet yeah!! Was bummed I missed the meet and greet due to a team get together.
I should have fell in SC but dropped to C and had limited selections! Loved Tammy bought her book and my AD enjoyed her as well and bought her cd's and is willing to share Yeah!!
I really could have done without the super sellers it was not at all what I thought it was going to be and my director is in Presidents club for sales so I really have good training there and would loved to have taken host coaching or recruiting instead.
Book Smart was okay but not what I thought it was going to be. I was thinking it would be focused more on down times like summer and Jan-Feb and how to have a more balanced calendar not booking in general. But our presenters could have gone on for at least another 30 minutes I bet
My big Aha moment besides being inspired by Powerful not pushy was listening to Sharon Zellan's story, I had listened to the audio HO sent out a few weeks ago but seeing her and hearing her ...wow I was passing out tissues to the girls (thanks to the NC checklist I was the only one that had them) so I am on a mission and I am ready to go and already throttling forward!!Jan

Rae, is this what you are looking for?

Attachments

• Critque_Your_Week[1].doc
    36.6 KB · Views: 463
I went to Conference and LOVED it, but I felt that I didn't learn enough. I took the Booking class and Super Seller. Loved the booking workshop, but it didn't tell how to get booking from scratch (like putting yourself out there) just getting booking from existing shows, and Super Seller was a waste. I wished there were more workshops and that they were a little longer. I expected to come home with all of this info to apply to my business. Had a BLAST, though!

Does anyone have the note to Path to $1000 shows? I heard that they might post the notes from Conference workshops on CC, but haven't seen anything.

>>>>>>>I presented one of the Path to $1,000 Shows workshops. I am not sure if you guys realize but presenters are given a guideline of what they do and do not want us presenting. And, while the title was "Path to $1000 Shows" we were asked to focus on host coaching. And truly...host coaching IS what gets you to $1,000 shows. Having $1,000 shows has less to do with what you do AT your show than it does what you do BEFORE and AFTER the show believe it or not. >>>>>>>>

This was pretty much my biggest AHA moment. I have never coached a single host before NC. I took so many notes, and got a lot out of it, even thought I wasn't in your particular workshop.

I LOVED Tammy Stanley, which was the Powerful, not Pushy workshop. I took so many notes my teammates were laughing. I got so much out her presentation.

I guess I'm in the minority, because I got a lot of tips out of the Super Sellers Live workshop. I was sitting very near the front of the room, don't know if that makes a difference though. I have pages and pages of notes. I also learned a couple of REALLY good tips from their videos.

In the end, I think it's different strokes for different folks. I'm new to TPC (just over 90 days), so I was wide-eyed and eager to learn. I will say, though, that I got very bored at all the recognition stuff (no offense to all those who were recognized!). I just got bored, but was still happy for all those who were being recognized.

Plapple said:
I guess I'm in the minority, because I got a lot of tips out of the Super Sellers Live workshop. I was sitting very near the front of the room, don't know if that makes a difference though. I have pages and pages of notes. I also learned a couple of REALLY good tips from their videos.

It's not a matter of it being a BAD workshop, just not something that helped me a lot. There were other workshops that would have helped me more and I would have gotten more out of. They had some good things to offer and I did learn some things, but I would rather be able to pick ALL of my workshops and not have them dictated to me. I know what the shortcomings are in my business and I should have the opportunity to seek workshops that address them.

Plapple said:
In the end, I think it's different strokes for different folks. I'm new to TPC (just over 90 days), so I was wide-eyed and eager to learn. I will say, though, that I got very bored at all the recognition stuff (no offense to all those who were recognized!). I just got bored, but was still happy for all those who were being recognized.

I lost a bit of interest with the recognition, too, but it didn't keep me from watching the entire ceremony at each General Session. I was very proud that the HO recognizes each and every accomplishment of each and every consultant. I loved that every person got their moment in the spotlight. I am determined to be one of them next year!

Bren706 said:
Rae, is this what you are looking for?

Yes, that's it. Thanks!

I would like to find out who the speakers that were at Conference. Would like to try and get some of the notes.

Thank you if someone could post them!:)

<h2>1. What are the most frequently asked questions about "Thoughts on 2011 Conference Workshops?</h2><p>The most frequently asked questions about "Thoughts on 2011 Conference Workshops" are usually about which workshops were the most valuable or helpful, what new ideas or tips were learned, and how to effectively balance work and conference activities.</p><h2>2. Anyone have any AHA moments from conference they would like to share?</h2><p>Many attendees have shared their "AHA" moments from the conference, most commonly related to time management and finding new ways to grow their business. One example is scheduling phone calls just like scheduling parties, as suggested in the TPC & A Full-Time Job workshop.</p><h2>3. What workshops did you attend and what did you think?</h2><p>Some attendees have shared their workshop choices and overall thoughts. Popular workshops included Tammy Stanley's Powerful, not Pushy, which provided valuable tips for making successful phone calls, and TPC & a Full-Time Job, which offered advice on balancing work and Pampered Chef responsibilities. Some attendees felt that the Super Sellers Live! workshop was not as helpful as other options.</p><h2>4. What was your AHA moment from the conference?</h2><p>My AHA moment at the conference was learning to use work breaks to make phone calls and to schedule phone calls that need to be made. This was a tip shared in the TPC & a Full-Time Job workshop.</p><h2>5. Which workshop did you enjoy the most?</h2><p>The workshop that I enjoyed the most was Tammy Stanley's Powerful, not Pushy. It provided valuable tips and strategies for making successful phone calls, and I left feeling motivated and excited to put them into practice. </p>

1. What are the most frequently asked questions about "Thoughts on 2011 Conference Workshops?

The most frequently asked questions about "Thoughts on 2011 Conference Workshops" are usually about which workshops were the most valuable or helpful, what new ideas or tips were learned, and how to effectively balance work and conference activities.

2. Anyone have any AHA moments from conference they would like to share?

Many attendees have shared their "AHA" moments from the conference, most commonly related to time management and finding new ways to grow their business. One example is scheduling phone calls just like scheduling parties, as suggested in the TPC & A Full-Time Job workshop.

3. What workshops did you attend and what did you think?

Some attendees have shared their workshop choices and overall thoughts. Popular workshops included Tammy Stanley's Powerful, not Pushy, which provided valuable tips for making successful phone calls, and TPC & a Full-Time Job, which offered advice on balancing work and Pampered Chef responsibilities. Some attendees felt that the Super Sellers Live! workshop was not as helpful as other options.

4. What was your AHA moment from the conference?

My AHA moment at the conference was learning to use work breaks to make phone calls and to schedule phone calls that need to be made. This was a tip shared in the TPC & a Full-Time Job workshop.

5. Which workshop did you enjoy the most?

The workshop that I enjoyed the most was Tammy Stanley's Powerful, not Pushy. It provided valuable tips and strategies for making successful phone calls, and I left feeling motivated and excited to put them into practice.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lt1jane
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
Replies
Views
julsradford
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies