• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Healthy Lunch Box Show: Tips and Tools for Back-to-School Season

In summary, our director sent a suggestion about a healthy lunch box show. with back to school just two weeks away, this might be the way i go for the theme for the mystery host show i am thinking about doing next week. so - i want to get your input here - any suggestions for lunchbox tips / tools? have you done this type show?I have never done any of this type of show, but will add the tip that cut up apples being sent in lunches should first be dipped in clear carbonated soda so they do not brown. Our apple wedger would be a great product to showcase. And depending on the size of the lunch box/container, you could
sushimommy
Silver Member
our director sent a suggestion about a healthy lunch box show. with back to school just two weeks away, this might be the way i go for the theme for the mystery host show i am thinking about doing next week. so - i want to get your input here - any suggestions for lunchbox tips / tools? have you done this type show?

I have never done any of this type of show, but will add the tip that cut up apples being sent in lunches should first be dipped in clear carbonated soda so they do not brown. Our apple wedger would be a great product to showcase. And depending on the size of the lunch box/container, you could put in 1 of the green cold keepers from the cool and serve to keep lunch cool until lunchtime with no mess. I hope these ideas help and am anxious to see what other cheffer's suggest.

I think the citrus peeler would be a good tool that could live in the kids lunch box!

The other item I would suggest the cut-n-seal as well and tell them that they could make enough PBJ sandwhich for a month in one day and then put them in the freezer like you would an uncrustables... It would also save them money as well.

The Veggie Wedger.... They can make sliced oranges like their kids get after sporting events like soccer games.

I am sure I could think of more but I need a little more time.

The 1-cup prep bowls for a snack or pudding. Twixit clips, all purpose spreaders for crackers, can opener and can strainer for tuna, mfp for making tuna salad, easy opener for soda cans or water bottles, Sweet Apple Sprinkles to dip apple slices in, crinkle cutter to make fun looking veggie sticks, the corer to take center out of cucumbers, egg slicer plus for kiwi slices, core n more for melon balls and hulling strawberries, 2 cup prep bowls for fruit snacks.

Apple Wedger - Wedge the apple, but not entirely. Keep the bottom attached. Pull the apple off the wedger, and put it back together so it looks whole. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap. It keeps it from getting brown in their lunch boxes, and makes a great snack with peanut butter dip.

(Do this all the time for DH & DS)

The only thing I worry about with this theme show is that it promotes a lot of smaller things we sell. I'd try to blend it with the theme of Back to School in general, so you can promote the DCB and coming up with quick & easy dinner ideas for when their evenings are really busy with activities, they don't have to resort to the Drive Thru. ;) You could do the 30 Min. Chicken or Fajitas just to demo how chicken cooks well in the microwave. Ideas for them to take away from this: They could cook a chicken on Sunday night and then have the meat already cooked and ready to be used for a different night's meal or for lunches (chicken salad, chicken in pieces added to a green salad, etc.) The Measure, Mix & Pour to create salad dressings, and prep bowls to store it in so the grown ups can prepare veggies and dips or salads w/ dressings to take to work. It's easy to pack on the pounds during the school year, because we are so busy and the drive thru is very tempting for lunch, too.

How about making healthy pizza in the large bar pan, cool, cut and wrap in individual serving sizes and freeze. Have ready to add to lunch box. That showcases stoneware and fits the theme. I'm also suggesting homemade "corn dog muffins" in the mini-muffin pan. Make muffin mix, put a slice of hot dog in the batter in each mini-muffin cup. Parents can choose quality hot dogs or even veggie dogs if they want. Throw a couple in the lunchbox and freeze the rest for future use.

How about chicken tenders in the Covered Baker...talk about then freezing them and taking out what they need for the lunches! Better then a chicken nugget...

am loving these ideas! question, if we made the pbj sand with the cut & seal...what's the best method of wrapping them for freezing???

West Texas Chef Step said:
How about making healthy pizza in the large bar pan, cool, cut and wrap in individual serving sizes and freeze. Have ready to add to lunch box. That showcases stoneware and fits the theme. I'm also suggesting homemade "corn dog muffins" in the mini-muffin pan. Make muffin mix, put a slice of hot dog in the batter in each mini-muffin cup. Parents can choose quality hot dogs or even veggie dogs if they want. Throw a couple in the lunchbox and freeze the rest for future use.

I have to agree with this, from experience. I did a moms and kids show like this, but sales were very low because of all the tiny items that are more kid-friendly and inexpensive. I did show off the chopper. I like these other quick dinner ideas!

What about the new glass containers? These will make great lunch box containers. They are leak proof so little Johnny will be able to carry whatever and still bump the lunch box around as they are very durable, yes, better suited to the preteens or teenagers but they eat lunch too, they are "Earth" friendly", and if the kids have access to a microwave, not to mention no more "squished" sandwiches or goodies. Obviously it would be the two smaller ones, but still, interest in those will create interest in the larger ones.

I love our prep bowls and new glass containers, but I don't think kids are allowed to bring anything glass to school. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

i have grandkids now and they are not allowed to bring glass containers to school....my children weren't either.....

1. What is the "Healthy Lunch Box Show"?

The "Healthy Lunch Box Show" is an interactive cooking demonstration offered by Pampered Chef that focuses on creating nutritious and delicious lunch options for both kids and adults.

2. Can I customize the recipes to fit my dietary needs?

Yes, our consultants are trained to offer modifications for various dietary needs and restrictions. Just let your consultant know beforehand so they can provide suitable options for you.

3. How long does the show usually last?

The show typically lasts around 1 hour, but it may vary depending on the number of guests and the level of engagement during the demonstration.

4. Do I need to purchase Pampered Chef products to attend the show?

No, you do not need to purchase anything to attend the show. However, if you are interested in any of our products, you can place an order with your consultant during or after the show.

5. Can I host a "Healthy Lunch Box Show" at my own house?

Yes, you can host a show at your house and invite friends and family to join. Your consultant will bring all the necessary ingredients and cooking tools for the demonstration.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Halle-Doodle
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • GracedLiving
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • babywings76