• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cutting It Close: Tips for Staying Under an Hour with Cookware Showing

so I can skip over topics quickly if I need to.And finally, if I feel like I'm going to go over, I'll start rehearsing my demos in my head.
missyciccolella
Who honestly has a 1 hour show. I start my shows about 10 minutes after the official time, and like to finish my show within 50-60 minutes. Lately my shows have run well over an hour. I didn't think I was adding too much info, but I'm having a hard time trimming. Please give me your best tip for hitting stoneware, cookware, knives, and the new stuff and staying within the hour time frame! Thanks!

My demo is usually about 45 minutes. I talk about 4 essentials, which are the stoneware, cookware, knives and simple additions, I also talk about the food chooper, whisk, can opener, and silicone scrapers, only because I also think those are must have kitchen tools. I spend more time on stoneware than anything though!!

pckelly said:
My demo is usually about 45 minutes. I talk about 4 essentials, which are the stoneware, cookware, knives and simple additions, I also talk about the food chooper, whisk, can opener, and silicone scrapers, only because I also think those are must have kitchen tools. I spend more time on stoneware than anything though!!
Thanks! Do you demo a recipe or prepare that ahead of time? I'm thinking of having a "kitchen must have list" to feature some of the basics like the whisks, scrappers etc...I'll see!

I don't try to hit on anything (product-wise) that is not used for the recipe except for the next month's special. I use the products I want to sell in each and every recipe. I usually fit stoneware and forged cutlery in there- and lately, cookware! I entice others to have shows so that we could "make something with the amazing......" or "I could show you how using the....makes....so easy!"

Some consultants use a kitchen timer to keep track of themselves.

From when I start talking to when I finish, mine is usually 50-60 minutes. I have to say, though, that a larger, more talkative crowd will make it longer.

raebates said:
From when I start talking to when I finish, mine is usually 50-60 minutes. I have to say, though, that a larger, more talkative crowd will make it longer.
Or a crowd who has been drinking. Those parties always seem to go on forever!

Honestly, I've never had a drinking crowd, but I can imagine it could add a bit to the show length. :)

raebates said:
Honestly, I've never had a drinking crowd, but I can imagine it could add a bit to the show length. :)

My first party (my sister's) was a drinking party and it was scheduled to start at 7pm. I didn't get out of there until after 11pm.

raebates said:
Rae, you cook before the show right? My past few shows I have had someone who is chatty so that may be where the extra 20 minutes is coming from. I like having the crowd involved, but I want to get home too!

Does anyone have a good tip for getting control of a "wild" or talkative crowd?

Those chatty guests can really pack on the minutes. I don't have any suggestions, though. Usually those are my really fun shows that everyone loves.

My shows are about 50 minutes long.......I begin about 7:10-7:15, and I am done around 8pm.....but I'm lucky if I get out of there by 9:30. Guests are ALWAYS chatty......

My demo is about an hour or less. But as others have pointed out, if you have a chatty crowd, it goes longer.

I hit on my 5 power tools but don't always demo them. The recurrent theme throughout my show is enhancing the quality of family life by giving you tools to help you get in and out of the kitchen fast. My 5 tools are: cookware, stoneware, knives & cutting boards (they go hand in hand), food chopper, and mandoline. If I don't use one of them, I am sure to talk about it.

For a talkative crowd, there are a couple things you can do without embarrassing someone or seeming rude. Of course, these 2 suggestions I'll give are things you will do at most or every show and will have to prepare for ahead of time, not a quick draw solution, if you know what I mean.

You can play Queen of the Shoppers (found in Files), but instead of playing it all at once, scatter it throughout the show, so when someone's chatty or interrupting, you can say, "Oh, let's find another fun new products!"

Also, I like to make up index cards with all my topics I want to mention, like the next month;s host special, how I became a consultant, etc. Each index card is numbered on one side and has a question on the other, so I can say, "Oh, who has card #3?" when the crowd is getting loud.

Now, if they're talking to you, that's hard to just cut them off, but usually those will be your best sales people!! Make sure you invite them into the opportunity :thumbup:

Attachments

• IndexCardQuestions_showOutline.doc
    25.5 KB · Views: 401
My show yesterday was 5 women, EVERY SINGLE ONE had a toddler in tow! It was so hectic--I did two appetizers (potstickers and chicken artichoke cups) which were quite short in the demo portion, but it was just so crazy no one hardly was listening--two moms spent the whole time on the floor with their own kids and didn't pay one bit of attention to me. The actual demo shouldn't have taken more than 35 minutes but with all the cacophany in there it was well over an hour. Not much you can do when the hostess tells people they can bring their kids. Of course all the kids were crying by the end because it was nap time by then and no one wanted to share toys....

Crazy.

Yeah, those shows are crazy-making. Of course, when that happens to me I just console myself with the thought that at least no one mooned me or used the potty within sight of the guests. The bar has been set pretty high (or would that be low?) for me to consider it a really bad party. ;)

shows at 7pm actually start w/ me talking 715pm.
I am done by 8-810pm at latest.

I'm avg. leaving by 915pm.

I focus on - stoneware (emphasis on deep covered baker this month), cookware, simple additions, misc ( food chopper, my favorites, and lots of cooking tips..)

I do knives, 'if i have time'....

DizziePixie said:
For a talkative crowd, there are a couple things you can do without embarrassing someone or seeming rude. Of course, these 2 suggestions I'll give are things you will do at most or every show and will have to prepare for ahead of time, not a quick draw solution, if you know what I mean.

You can play Queen of the Shoppers (found in Files), but instead of playing it all at once, scatter it throughout the show, so when someone's chatty or interrupting, you can say, "Oh, let's find another fun new products!"

Also, I like to make up index cards with all my topics I want to mention, like the next month;s host special, how I became a consultant, etc. Each index card is numbered on one side and has a question on the other, so I can say, "Oh, who has card #3?" when the crowd is getting loud.

Now, if they're talking to you, that's hard to just cut them off, but usually those will be your best sales people!! Make sure you invite them into the opportunity :thumbup:

Good tips and thanks! My most recent chatters have started on topic about a product (usually stoneware when I ask what you like about it?) and then the story strays - dramatically. I might try the Queen of Shoppers thing or a part of the purse game to either hurry them along or change topics. Thanks!

1. How can I make sure I stay under an hour when using my cookware?

One of the best ways to stay under an hour when cooking is to plan ahead and have all of your ingredients and tools ready before you begin. This will save you time and prevent you from having to search for items while cooking.

2. What type of cookware is best for staying under an hour?

Non-stick cookware is often the best choice for staying under an hour because it heats up quickly and allows for easy food release, making for faster cooking and clean-up.

3. How can I cut down on prep time when using my cookware?

Investing in quality knives and other kitchen tools can greatly reduce prep time when using cookware. Having sharp knives and a variety of tools at your disposal can make chopping, slicing, and dicing much quicker and more efficient.

4. What are some tips for multitasking and using my cookware efficiently?

One tip is to start cooking the items that take the longest first, while preparing other ingredients on the side. For example, while sautéing vegetables, you can also be boiling water for pasta or preheating the oven for roasting. This will allow you to use your cookware more efficiently and save time overall.

5. How can I clean my cookware quickly and still have it looking good?

Using non-abrasive sponges or brushes and avoiding harsh cleaning products can help keep your cookware looking good without spending too much time on clean-up. Also, soaking pots and pans in hot, soapy water immediately after use can make cleaning a breeze.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sallie_M
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
chefshawna
  • Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
raebates
  • kdangel518