• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Super Fast but Effective Recipes..need a Wow Factor

Since I've purchased this elliptical, I'm hoping I can work out regularly.I have been making a trifle to take to shows and then little ones to leave with the kids in the prep bowls. Yesterday, they told me at lunch to go to my show and they would be alright until dad got home.I would suggest doing something that doesn't require cooking (Mandarin Chicken Pasta salad) or you can pre-cook beforehand (cool veggie pizza, dessert pizza made out of big cookie). You will be so stressed if you are waiting on the food.
caritok
I am doing a show for a group of ladies and we have to be in and out in about 1 1/2 hours. That means orders too. We have kids that get out of school at 12 and I have almost an hour to drive. I really want to have a "wow, that's cool" type presentation.

I could use the trifle, but I'm not sure how woo hoo that will be for these SAHM's. Unless we could think up some really cool kids trifles. Any ideas?

Well, any brunch type recipe you just love and highly recommend?

I welcome any and all suggestions. I have most of the products, so that isn't an issue. I want to punch as much power into this quick show as I can. I'm driving so far that I want to make it count. Otherwise, it won't even cover my gas. ???

I always get a good WOW from the Ham and Cheese Omelet Roll for a brunch show -- it is in Main Dishes. Sells lots of Bar Pans and don't forget to cross sell the parchment paper! Sometimes I do tomatoes w/ult. mand. to garnish with (slices) just to show another tool.

I've only made that once and it kindof fell apart. It's been over a year since I tried it. I guess I need to try it again. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll practice it and see what happens.

I always think the Chocolate Pecan Lattice Tart looks much more impressive than it really is.

You know, I haven't even tried that yet.

Maybe I'll try that too. Do you guys realize how much weight I've gained doing PC?

caritok said:
Do you guys realize how much weight I've gained doing PC?

Yes I do!! I have gained over 20 lbs since starting in September:eek:

I've just purchased an elliptical. Maybe I can watch PC videos while I work out. ??? Time managment. Right now, I'm spending too much time on here looking around. I don't have a local recruiter, so this site is invaluable to me.

caritok said:
I've just purchased an elliptical. Maybe I can watch PC videos while I work out. ??? Time managment. Right now, I'm spending too much time on here looking around. I don't have a local recruiter, so this site is invaluable to me.

I love the elliptical, I just started going back to the gym on my lunch break...I am really fortunate that I work at a college and have the facilities right there...so let's try and get some of those pounds off!!

I'm in. So, maybe we need to compile a file of health conscious yummy recipes.

I am a SAHM with three little ones (6, 4, and 1). I can't get out of the house much, but since I've purchased this elliptical, I'm hoping I can work out regularly.

Sounds good - but there are always those yummy not-so-good recipes that we just need to try before a show!!I live alone, and do get out of the house a lot, but my problem is that I make a whole batch of something, and then eat it all!! I have learned to freeze a lot so that I can save it for another time, but I still end up eating it this month or next!

Profiterole Puffs fit the bill.

DebbieJ said:
Profiterole Puffs fit the bill.

I'm sorry but I don't know what this is. Can you explain to me?

caritok said:
I'm sorry but I don't know what this is. Can you explain to me?

The recipe is in the current seasons' best.

okay, I'll check that out. I was inactive and just got my spring package in the mail today. Haven't gone through everything yet.

Thank you. Cristy

I think it was in the fall Season's Best as well. It was a theme show recipe last spring, so it's in that one, too.

I have been making a trifle to take to shows and then little ones to leave with the kids in the prep bowls. Yesterday, they told me at lunch to go to my show and they would be alright until dad got home.

I would suggest doing something that doesn't require cooking (Mandarin Chicken Pasta salad) or you can pre-cook beforehand (cool veggie pizza, dessert pizza made out of big cookie). You will be so stressed if you are waiting on the food.

Good luck.

My Playgroup Mom's LOVE when I make a trifle. I've sold one, and have 2 others interested in hosting in April to get the bowl! And its so easy!!! Just use that "let sit for 24h" as a tip (so the flavor can soak the cake)

jenniferknapp said:
Yes I do!! I have gained over 20 lbs since starting in September:eek:

Everything in moderation Ladies..It's what I teach my clients when I personal train. You eat anything you want if you exercise..I know that is hard with the time some of you have. TRY TRY TRY to do 20 minutes of exercise in the morning and at night. Easy as a brisk walk. I get my exercise clothes ready at night..throw on my ipod...and even if its' for 20 minutes, force my butt into that exercise room for 20 minutes at night and 20 minutes in the morning...It makes a world of difference.:D

You are tooooo cute!
Jilleysue said:
Everything in moderation Ladies..It's what I teach my clients when I personal train. You eat anything you want if you exercise..I know that is hard with the time some of you have. TRY TRY TRY to do 20 minutes of exercise in the morning and at night. Easy as a brisk walk. I get my exercise clothes ready at night..throw on my ipod...and even if its' for 20 minutes, force my butt into that exercise room for 20 minutes at night and 20 minutes in the morning...It makes a world of difference.:D

I've read so many of your posts, it's like I know you. But then, I didn't know you were a trainer. You are so clever and stinkin cute....and now I find out you're a trainer. Ah, some girls are so blessed.

I'm working on the diet and exercise between my three sons and my physical therapy, but it will come off. I just really need to quit experimenting with all the great recipes I see on here. A little more selective, I think.

Have a super day and God bless...

Awwww, Thank you. I don't train anyone right now..just try to give people my advise....honestly in South Florida...Training was Wayyyyy toooo annoying....LOL. (oops was that rude? LOL) Just too many people down here and everyone had a question...I could never work out....LOL So I decided to lay low and take time for my own work outs. But its all fun now. Now I enjoy giving advise and helping people ....Oh and eating...oh and even cooking now....hehehehehe. I never use to do any of that because it all annoyed me...so I guess I am growing and maturing. I use to just skip meals in college when I cheered and had horrible eating habits and now...WELL LOOKIE AT ME NOW.....gosh darn it, I wear a blue apron....BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Jill,
Thanks for the suggestion of 20 minutes in the morning and 20 minutes at night. I really need to lose my baby weight! I HATE exercising and I LOVE to eat. I know....bad combination to lose weight. :)

My true key is that IPOD. Man I suggest it to everyone. Not TV>>>NO TV if the exercise machine is in your house. I know from experience that 40 minutes to an hour for people is wayyyyyy to long but 20 minutes is only like what 5-7 songs on your IPOD...EASY. Everyone can pick 5-7 of their favorite upbeat songs. Sing along....and BAM you are done. Then you do the same thing at night. 20 minutes is nothing. Then look you have done 40 minutes. Do that 4-6 times a week..and you will be like HOLY CRAP look at the changes.

I'm feeling a little inspired....now where is my iPod?

rebeccastt said:
Jill,
Thanks for the suggestion of 20 minutes in the morning and 20 minutes at night. I really need to lose my baby weight! I HATE exercising and I LOVE to eat. I know....bad combination to lose weight. :)

Well, that sounds like me. I always hold on to my weight until I stop nursing, but now...there are no more excuses. It's time. Maybe Jill can set up programs for all of us (just joking) and set up our meal planners with healthy Pampered Chef recipes. I guess I should get off of here and go do my elliptical. I'm inspired.

That is what I do..That sucker is attached to my hip, butt, arms...well whereever there is fat, trifle leftovers, tomato basil leftovers....lolololol.
I am telling ya. 20 minutes...Think of how long we sit on here for simple 20 minutes. Just throw on some sneaks and that ipod, but remember, the key is to get your heart rate up...BREAK A SWEAT

caritok said:
I always hold on to my weight until I stop nursing, but now...there are no more excuses. .

Do you mean that you actually start losing some weight once you STOP nursing??? Everyone tells me that nursing is supposed to help you take off the weight...not helping me one bit!

Yeah I know everyone is different, but most women I have trained and talked to, haven't lost a lot or much or any weight from nursing. I don't know about that. My sister in law didn't either.

My sister-in-law swore by it...too bad it isn't working for me. I guess I'll actually have to watch what I eat and exercise. Damn.

rebeccastt said:
Do you mean that you actually start losing some weight once you STOP nursing??? Everyone tells me that nursing is supposed to help you take off the weight...not helping me one bit!

Yes, for me (I read all those well-meaning people that told me I would lose weight if I nursed. HA, not me!) I hold on to my weight until I stop and then my body lets me start shedding. This is my third time trying to lose weight after the nursing and it's been this way each time. I don't even try to lose weight until I'm done. I felt like something was wrong with me because I wasn't losing weight while nursing. But, my body has never been "normal". Hee hee.

How old is your little one?

Well along with exercise everyone..I need sleep...so I am off to beddie bye. I'll talk to you all tomorrow. Thanks for all the great info. I need to go to bed and dream about conference and see if I can figure this all out. I am going to be bummed if I can't go. Everyone says how great it is...and I HATE MISSING OUT ON FUN.....don't forget 20 minutes of a walk or cardio in the morning.
SMOOCHES...NIGHTEY NIGHT

Night Jill....

My son is 6 months.

Does that mean I don't have to exercise or eat well until I stop nursing? LOL! ;)

well, now, I wouldn't go that far, but I didn't stress about it. Having a little one around is wonderful, but it can be stressful too. I tried hard not to beat myself up about the weight. but again, now I have no excuses and need to get busy.

20 minutes, 20 minutes, 20 minutes (I am willing myself to believe that I can exercise for 20 minutes twice a day, although right now, 20 minutes seems like a long time! eek!)

Ok..start with 10 minutes twice a day. Baby steps. like I said 10 minutes is only 3 songs on your ipod. Sing 3 songs and your done...then work your way up to 6 and that is 20 minutes. I am telling you. It works.

I worked out today :) ....I am aiming for 4 days a week, but this week will get 5 after tomorrow...i work out on my lunch break (to get me away from this desk for an hour) I am seeing some improvements already (been doing this for almost a month now)...but my problem is that I have a hard time with moderation, with chocolate especially!

amya said:
I always think the Chocolate Pecan Lattice Tart looks much more impressive than it really is.

Definitely use the Chocolate Pecan Lattice Tart! It's quickly becoming a stand by for me! It's so EASY and looks very impressive! Not to mention it's CHOCOLATE!!! LOL I made one at home last week and my BF went crazy. Weird thing....we liked it better cold!! LOL

I gained 10 pounds the month I started PC. Of course, it was also the holidays AND the month I weaned my son. I didn't think he was nursing that much but obviously he was. It was so depressing cause it happened so quickly and then wouldn't move off my hips.

My new years resolution was to lose those 10 (which has since become 15) pounds and slowly it's working - 7 down and 8 to go. I eat a salad every night (can't wait for the salad spinner) and exercise every morning.

The Chocolate Pecan Lattice Tart is easy and FUN. I've done it at every show so far except my last one - it was my mom's show and she hates chocolate. :(

And Jilley - you're inspirational. First your hostess packets (I'm going to look for folders at Staples today!), and now your "20 minutes morning and night!" You ROCK.I absolutely REFUSE to go walking outdoors when it's freezing outside, and we have no exercise equipment. Monday it's supposed to hit 50 degrees out - and I will *walk*!! And I'll remind myself that YOU said I could do it.So if I post Monday that I hate you, don't hold it against me, ok? LOL... just kiddding!

I like to make the strawberry cheesecake cake in the microwave....done in about 11 minutes and it tastes great warm! Very easy to show and people are amazed that our stoneware goes in the microwave.

gratergirl said:
I like to make the strawberry cheesecake cake in the microwave....done in about 11 minutes and it tastes great warm! Very easy to show and people are amazed that our stoneware goes in the microwave.

I haven't tried that one. What's the recipe for that one? I've done the german chocolate with the icing in the bottom of the fluted stone. What's the secret to making this one delicious? I love doing the microwave cakes. It makes it easy to have a second recipe for all those that just want a little more food and it doesn't cost much

jenniferp417 said:
And Jilley - you're inspirational. First your hostess packets (I'm going to look for folders at Staples today!), and now your "20 minutes morning and night!" You ROCK.

I absolutely REFUSE to go walking outdoors when it's freezing outside, and we have no exercise equipment. Monday it's supposed to hit 50 degrees out - and I will *walk*!! And I'll remind myself that YOU said I could do it.

So if I post Monday that I hate you, don't hold it against me, ok? LOL... just kiddding!

Awww, Thank you. You all are inspirational to me. I only hope..that my business will grow to be like many of you. You all have given me so much, so I feel like I have to give a part of my self to you.
Go FOR IT..YOU CAN DO IT!!!:D

Can't spend time on her like I did last night. I have an Open House scheduled for my house tomorrow night and I have to get this place ready. Keep me in your prayers. I'm really trying to get some bookings. I'm new to the area and don't really know anyone. The sales would be nice, but I really need bookings.

I'll hit the elliptical tonight and think of you all. Cristy

Here's the cake that you wanted "CARITOK"....it's awesome! You will maybe even want to pick it for one of your HWC May shows....quick and easy!

Strawberry Cheesecake Microwave Cake

1 strawberry cake mix (I use Pilsbury)
1 tsp. strawberry extract
1/2 c white chocolate chips
1 (3oz) cheesecake pudding mix
16 oz. sour cream
1/2 c oil
3 eggs
Garnish (optional) with whipped topping and fresh strawberries

1. Spray your fluted stone pan lightly and dust with flour
2. Whisk eggs and pudding mix together in bowl
3. Add remaining ingredients, blending well
4. Drop batter into Fluted pan and microwave on high 12-14 minutes (I do mine for 11 1/2 minutes) (watch your cake after 10 minutes if your microwave runs hot) If you don't have a turn table in your microwave, rotate every 4-5 minutes.
5. Invert cake immediately, but leave pan over the cake for 10 minutes. Cool, Garnish if you's like. You can even put powdered sugar on it!

This is my first post. I'm a consultant in England. I ALWAYS do Yorkshire Puddings at my shows and ALWAYS sell lots of stoneware. They are WOW for demonstration purposes. They are so quick I do them alongside another quick recipe like the Hot Broccoli Dip. I too am looking for a new WOW recipe, not just one that looks and tastes nice but demonstrates how our stoneware is unique and guests just HAVE TO BUY IT - let's face it, that's why I'm at the show - and having fun too of course.

Almost any recipe can be super quick, if you do more prep ...

The Profiteroles would be great...just do the puffs at home and bring them all ready.

Cool and Creamy Chocolate Fondue is quick.
Chocolate Macaroon Pizza - very quick and yum! neither are really "WOW!! LOOk and that!" but very quick and tasty

How about the Microwave Cake in the Fluted stone?

caritok said:
I am doing a show for a group of ladies and we have to be in and out in about 1 1/2 hours. That means orders too. We have kids that get out of school at 12 and I have almost an hour to drive. I really want to have a "wow, that's cool" type presentation.

I could use the trifle, but I'm not sure how woo hoo that will be for these SAHM's. Unless we could think up some really cool kids trifles. Any ideas?

Well, any brunch type recipe you just love and highly recommend?

I welcome any and all suggestions. I have most of the products, so that isn't an issue. I want to punch as much power into this quick show as I can. I'm driving so far that I want to make it count. Otherwise, it won't even cover my gas. ???

Buy a tray of sliced melons (cantelope, honeydew), a few kiwi to put around the bowl. Show them how easy it is to make an impressive fruit salad? Or prebake the cake and show them how to fill and decorate. Or better yet do 30-min chicken - do specials and PC info while it cooks (or start it early), get the bowl with salad and grapes and chicken and salad choppers. serve. Yum

almondfarm said:
I always get a good WOW from the Ham and Cheese Omelet Roll for a brunch show -- it is in Main Dishes. Sells lots of Bar Pans and don't forget to cross sell the parchment paper! Sometimes I do tomatoes w/ult. mand. to garnish with (slices) just to show another tool.

Does the egg taste real or like the premade kind?

jenniferknapp said:
Sounds good - but there are always those yummy not-so-good recipes that we just need to try before a show!!

I live alone, and do get out of the house a lot, but my problem is that I make a whole batch of something, and then eat it all!! I have learned to freeze a lot so that I can save it for another time, but I still end up eating it this month or next!

I send a few to my library, my post office, my bank... hair dressor

jenniferp417 said:
And Jilley - you're inspirational. First your hostess packets (I'm going to look for folders at Staples today!), and now your "20 minutes morning and night!" You ROCK.

I absolutely REFUSE to go walking outdoors when it's freezing outside, and we have no exercise equipment. Monday it's supposed to hit 50 degrees out - and I will *walk*!! And I'll remind myself that YOU said I could do it.

So if I post Monday that I hate you, don't hold it against me, ok? LOL... just kiddding!

Where are the host packets?

<h2>1. What are some quick and effective recipes that will impress my guests in a short amount of time?</h2><p>Some quick and impressive recipes that you could make for your show include our Mini Taco Cups, Spinach and Feta Pinwheels, or our Chicken Caesar Salad Bites. All of these recipes can be made in less than 30 minutes and are sure to wow your guests.</p><h2>2. I am limited on time and need to take orders as well. Do you have any suggestions for recipes that will allow me to do both efficiently?</h2><p>Our Sheet Pan Nachos, One-Pot Pasta, and 30-Minute Chicken Alfredo Bake are all great options for quick and easy meals that can also be used as a sample for your guests to try. This way, you can take orders while the food is cooking.</p><h2>3. Any ideas for kid-friendly trifles that will impress the moms?</h2><p>You could try our Mini Chocolate Peanut Butter Trifles, Banana Split Trifles, or our Strawberry Shortcake Trifles. These are all fun and delicious twists on traditional trifles that kids and moms will both love.</p><h2>4. Do you have any recommendations for a crowd-pleasing brunch recipe?</h2><p>Our Spinach and Bacon Quiche, Lemon Blueberry French Toast Bake, and Breakfast Burrito Bowls are all great options for a quick and tasty brunch dish that your guests will love.</p><h2>5. How can I make the most out of my Pampered Chef products during this show?</h2><p>One way to showcase your products is to use them during your cooking demonstration. For example, you could use our Food Chopper to quickly chop vegetables for a salad or use our Garlic Press to add flavor to a dish. You could also highlight the versatility of our products by using them in different types of recipes, such as using our Stoneware to make both a savory dish and a sweet dessert. This will show your guests how they can get the most out of their Pampered Chef products in the kitchen.</p>

1. What are some quick and effective recipes that will impress my guests in a short amount of time?

Some quick and impressive recipes that you could make for your show include our Mini Taco Cups, Spinach and Feta Pinwheels, or our Chicken Caesar Salad Bites. All of these recipes can be made in less than 30 minutes and are sure to wow your guests.

2. I am limited on time and need to take orders as well. Do you have any suggestions for recipes that will allow me to do both efficiently?

Our Sheet Pan Nachos, One-Pot Pasta, and 30-Minute Chicken Alfredo Bake are all great options for quick and easy meals that can also be used as a sample for your guests to try. This way, you can take orders while the food is cooking.

3. Any ideas for kid-friendly trifles that will impress the moms?

You could try our Mini Chocolate Peanut Butter Trifles, Banana Split Trifles, or our Strawberry Shortcake Trifles. These are all fun and delicious twists on traditional trifles that kids and moms will both love.

4. Do you have any recommendations for a crowd-pleasing brunch recipe?

Our Spinach and Bacon Quiche, Lemon Blueberry French Toast Bake, and Breakfast Burrito Bowls are all great options for a quick and tasty brunch dish that your guests will love.

5. How can I make the most out of my Pampered Chef products during this show?

One way to showcase your products is to use them during your cooking demonstration. For example, you could use our Food Chopper to quickly chop vegetables for a salad or use our Garlic Press to add flavor to a dish. You could also highlight the versatility of our products by using them in different types of recipes, such as using our Stoneware to make both a savory dish and a sweet dessert. This will show your guests how they can get the most out of their Pampered Chef products in the kitchen.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • HeatherB
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
cookingwithdot
  • dancedivine
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies