• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Suggestions for Coaching Very Non Assertive Host?

In summary, there is a party coming up in a week and the speaker has given the host a clear letter about following up with guests to boost sales. However, the speaker is unsure if the host will actually do it as she is very passive. A suggestion was made to ask for the phone numbers of guests and make reminder calls, using the host's name first to grab attention. Another option is to use a phone system that can make calls and play a recorded message. It was also suggested to offer the host incentives and give her tips on how to approach guests without feeling rejected.
rsmpta
....who happens to be my SIL! :rolleyes:

She has a party in a little over a week...and i gave her clear letter stating how much follow up and pinning people down on whether or not they will come...will often help boost the shows sales.

Just not sure she is going to 'get it' and do it......I tried to give her several names of friends/host of party she went to/ etc....to try to encourage her to encourage them to come....but she is SOOO passive!

I do plan on reminding her in a few days TO MAKE PHONE CALLS to those who haven't rsvpd which will probably be most of them....

ANy other ideas?

you may want to think about asking her for the phone numbers of all her guests, tell her you will make those calls for her. then just call everyone and say "Hello this is Brooke (your name) with the PC, I'm just calling to remind you about Debbie's (your host) show on friday March 17th at 6:30pm. I have some fun new exciting products and tips to share withh all of you hope to see you there.

There is a phone system that can also do this for you. It calls all the numbers you want it to, and plays your recorded message.

Fantastic idea Brooke! You could also offer her incentives..... what's on her wish list??? Tell her what your normal hostess makes and let her know that if she will encourage her friends to attend, she can acheive the same! Don't worry if no one shows. Its the 5 orders before and 5 orders after that will help - then if you get 5 at the show, it's not all that bad, right?? Good luck! :eek:

When making these phone calls....This is a tip that I got from someone up the pike. When you offer to make the reminder calls for your hosts...do NOT say, "This is Angela with The Pampered Chef. I'm going to be doing Marys show on Friday." Instead say "HI! Mary asked me to call and remind you about her Pampered Chef party on Friday. My name is Angela and I'm looking forward to meeting you!" Using the hosts name FIRST gets their attention more.

What pone system is this? do u know the cost???
bbauman07 said:
you may want to think about asking her for the phone numbers of all her guests, tell her you will make those calls for her. then just call everyone and say "Hello this is Brooke (your name) with the PC, I'm just calling to remind you about Debbie's (your host) show on friday March 17th at 6:30pm. I have some fun new exciting products and tips to share withh all of you hope to see you there.

There is a phone system that can also do this for you. It calls all the numbers you want it to, and plays your recorded message.

afshea said:
This is a tip that I got from someone up the pike. When you offer to make the reminder calls for your hosts...do NOT say, "This is Angela with The Pampered Chef. I'm going to be doing Marys show on Friday." Instead say "HI! Mary asked me to call and remind you about her Pampered Chef party on Friday. My name is Angela and I'm looking forward to meeting you!" Using the hosts name FIRST gets their attention more.
Thank you! This is great information!

What phone system is this? do u know the cost???

I use postcalls . The cost varies according to how many calls you buy.

Sometimes a host is timid about making calls because she is afraid of rejection. If she can go to her guests with a purpose it is easier. Tell her to mention to her host that she is calling to let them know what the recipes were going to be for the party and she is calling to get a head count because she needs to make sure there is going to be enough for everyone! The guests usually give a definite yes or no at that point and it really does take pressure off the host. A passive host just needs reassurance (I know because I was one myself) that SHE can do it. You suggest to do it yourself will make some hosts even less confident because it shows you lost faith in them. Hey, give them the coaching she needs and she may just become your next consultant.

Recorded Phone reminder
bbauman07 said:

Hi I'm interested in this phone line Is it part of pampered chef? If not, could you please tell me where to find it? Thanks!

1. How can I help my non-assertive host feel more comfortable during the party?

The best way to make your non-assertive host feel more comfortable is to communicate with them before the party. Ask them about any concerns or fears they may have and reassure them that you will be there to support and guide them throughout the event. Also, encourage them to reach out to you during the party if they need any help or have questions.

2. My host is hesitant to ask for orders or bookings, how can I encourage them to be more assertive?

One effective way to encourage your host to be more assertive is to role-play with them before the party. Practice different scenarios and help them develop a script for asking for orders and bookings. Additionally, remind them of the incentives they will receive for successful orders and bookings, which can serve as motivation for them to be more assertive.

3. My host is worried about the cost of hosting a party, how can I address this concern?

It’s important to emphasize the benefits of hosting a party. This includes earning free and discounted products, connecting with friends and family, and learning new cooking techniques. You can also mention that there is no pressure or obligation for guests to make a purchase and that the party is meant to be a fun and social event.

4. What are some tips for helping a non-assertive host with their party presentation?

First, make sure to provide your host with all the necessary materials and resources to prepare for their party, such as product catalogs, order forms, and party games. Encourage them to practice their presentation beforehand and offer constructive feedback. Also, remind them to be themselves and have fun with their guests.

5. How can I support my non-assertive host during the party without being overbearing?

One way to support your host without being overbearing is to have a subtle signal or code word that they can use if they need your assistance during the party. This way, you can quickly and discreetly address any concerns they may have without drawing attention to the situation. Also, remind them that you are there to help and support them, but ultimately, the party is about them and their guests having a good time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cheflorraine
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
letmepamperu13
  • ChefMary412
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • ChefBeckyD