• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Suggestions for coaching very non assertive host?

rsmpta

Mar 9, 2006
....who happens to be my SIL! :rolleyes:

She has a party in a little over a week...and i gave her clear letter stating how much follow up and pinning people down on whether or not they will come...will often help boost the shows sales.

Just not sure she is going to 'get it' and do it......I tried to give her several names of friends/host of party she went to/ etc....to try to encourage her to encourage them to come....but she is SOOO passive!

I do plan on reminding her in a few days TO MAKE PHONE CALLS to those who haven't rsvpd which will probably be most of them....

ANy other ideas?

bbauman07

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Apr 12, 2005
you may want to think about asking her for the phone numbers of all her guests, tell her you will make those calls for her. then just call everyone and say "Hello this is Brooke (your name) with the PC, I'm just calling to remind you about Debbie's (your host) show on friday March 17th at 6:30pm. I have some fun new exciting products and tips to share withh all of you hope to see you there.

There is a phone system that can also do this for you. It calls all the numbers you want it to, and plays your recorded message.

PC Angel

Silver Member
Oct 18, 2005
Fantastic idea Brooke! You could also offer her incentives..... what's on her wish list??? Tell her what your normal hostess makes and let her know that if she will encourage her friends to attend, she can acheive the same! Don't worry if no one shows. Its the 5 orders before and 5 orders after that will help - then if you get 5 at the show, it's not all that bad, right?? Good luck! :eek:

afshea

Jan 6, 2006
When making these phone calls....

This is a tip that I got from someone up the pike. When you offer to make the reminder calls for your hosts...do NOT say, "This is Angela with The Pampered Chef. I'm going to be doing Marys show on Friday." Instead say "HI! Mary asked me to call and remind you about her Pampered Chef party on Friday. My name is Angela and I'm looking forward to meeting you!" Using the hosts name FIRST gets their attention more.

Feb 2, 2006
What pone system is this? do u know the cost???
bbauman07 said:
you may want to think about asking her for the phone numbers of all her guests, tell her you will make those calls for her. then just call everyone and say "Hello this is Brooke (your name) with the PC, I'm just calling to remind you about Debbie's (your host) show on friday March 17th at 6:30pm. I have some fun new exciting products and tips to share withh all of you hope to see you there.

There is a phone system that can also do this for you. It calls all the numbers you want it to, and plays your recorded message.

KellyTheChef

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2006
afshea said:
This is a tip that I got from someone up the pike. When you offer to make the reminder calls for your hosts...do NOT say, "This is Angela with The Pampered Chef. I'm going to be doing Marys show on Friday." Instead say "HI! Mary asked me to call and remind you about her Pampered Chef party on Friday. My name is Angela and I'm looking forward to meeting you!" Using the hosts name FIRST gets their attention more.
Thank you! This is great information!

Feb 13, 2006
Sometimes a host is timid about making calls because she is afraid of rejection. If she can go to her guests with a purpose it is easier. Tell her to mention to her host that she is calling to let them know what the recipes were going to be for the party and she is calling to get a head count because she needs to make sure there is going to be enough for everyone! The guests usually give a definite yes or no at that point and it really does take pressure off the host. A passive host just needs reassurance (I know because I was one myself) that SHE can do it. You suggest to do it yourself will make some hosts even less confident because it shows you lost faith in them. Hey, give them the coaching she needs and she may just become your next consultant.

pampermeRai

Mar 12, 2006
Recorded Phone reminder

bbauman07 said:

Hi I'm interested in this phone line Is it part of pampered chef? If not, could you please tell me where to find it? Thanks!