• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Host Coaching a Former Consultant

In summary, a new consultant is seeking advice on host coaching for a show hosted by a former consultant. The former consultant has only invited 25 people to the show and the new consultant is unsure of how to coach her without insulting her or assuming she knows everything. Suggestions are given to sit down or call the host and run through the changes in host benefits and incentives since she was a consultant. Additionally, there is a concern about a non-PC vendor selling jewelry at a discounted rate after the PC presentation. Suggestions are given to stress the benefits of PC and make sure the other vendor does not set up until after the PC presentation is finished. It is also recommended to stick around for any additional orders or bookings after the other vendor is finished.
MGG
Hi All,
I am fairly new and I have a December show hosted by a former consultant. She booked at a fair and is using the website. However she only web invited 25 people. She was a consultant 5-6 yrs ago. Does anyone have any tips on how I should be host coaching her? I've done my calls and email. I am also sending out the Nancy's Artwork postcards for attendance. Any hints? I don't want to assume she knows what to do, but I also don't want to insult her by reminding her to do things she already knows. Any suggestions also on what I should take to her show; I know she already has alot of stuff since she used to sell it.
Any suggestions are very appreciated!
M

Alot has changed!!Remember alot of things has changed. Back then there were points, there was no host benefit and there were no 60% off host specials.

So just sit her down or call her, whichever you do, and tell her something like this:
"You are going to make a great host because you have an advantage of being an ex Pc consultant, you know the importance of attendance, and outside orders in order to boost sales and have a successful show.
I am so happy to be working with you on your show. Let me just run through a couple of things that have changed for hosts in the last couple years."
And then just run through all the things you do with any host.

Hope this helps.
Debbie :D

DebbieSAChef said:
Remember alot of things has changed. Back then there were points, there was no host benefit and there were no 60% off host specials.

So just sit her down or call her, whichever you do, and tell her something like this:
"You are going to make a great host because you have an advantage of being an ex Pc consultant, you know the importance of attendance, and outside orders in order to boost sales and have a successful show.
I am so happy to be working with you on your show. Let me just run through a couple of things that have changed for hosts in the last couple years."
And then just run through all the things you do with any host.

Hope this helps.
Debbie :D
Debbie-You always have just the right things to say! :)

I had a host when i started that was an ex-consultant and it turned out awesome. She is also my "cousin-in-law" so I could tell her like it was if needed! She was awesome though b/c she loves everything so much she was talking the guest into what to buy.

Let her know you are new and ask her if you can host coach her like you would any other non-past-pc-consultant host and practice on her. Ask her for her tips on host coaching as well as any constructive criticism on what you are doing.

Thanks everyone all that advise is great, but a new issue with her has arose. She is having a woman ( whose daughter used to sell jewelry and is now getting out of the biz ) show jewelry at 40% off after I am done with my presentation. She emailed me this yesterday and is not asking for my opinion simply letting me know. What should I say/ do if anything? My only concern is people will have less to spend on PC? Has anyone dealt with this problem before?

When doing your presentation, stress to the guests the great bonus they get with a $60 purchase.....and let them know how much their order is helping out the host! Talk tons about the benefits if PC for holiday baking and gift-giving....and also - make sure the other vendor does not begin to set up until you are completely finished w/ your show! (request that going into the show!)

If I knew the booking would hold, I would try to reschedule. It's nerve racking enough being new to the biz, without having to be the opening act for a jewelry sale!
But trying to do that might make you lose the booking, so I agree to make sure that she does not set up until you are completely finished! I would also stick around until she is done and make sure there aren't any more orders. Meaning, I would take orders and bookings before she starts, but then stick around for the show and ask again if anyone has any other questions for you or would like to revise their order....some people may save some money for the jewelry, but then realize they would rather spend with PC. Good luck!

1. How do I approach a former consultant about hosting a party?

First, reach out to them through a personal message or phone call to reconnect and catch up. Then, mention how you are still a Pampered Chef consultant and would love to have them host a party for their friends and family. Let them know that as a former consultant, they are already familiar with the products and can easily share their love for them with others.

2. What are the benefits of hosting a party as a former consultant?

As a former consultant, you already have knowledge and experience with the products, making it easier for you to demonstrate and sell them to your guests. Additionally, hosting a party can help you earn free and discounted products, as well as reconnect with old friends and make new ones.

3. Can I still earn host rewards as a former consultant?

Yes, as a former consultant, you are still eligible to earn host rewards based on the sales from your party. These rewards can include free and discounted products, as well as exclusive host-only items.

4. What can I do to make my party successful as a former consultant?

As a former consultant, you have the advantage of already being familiar with the products and the business. You can use this knowledge to your advantage by sharing your personal experiences and tips with your guests. Also, be sure to promote your party through social media and invite friends and family members who may be interested in Pampered Chef products.

5. How can I use my past experience as a consultant to make my party unique?

You can use your past experience as a consultant to offer a unique and personalized party experience for your guests. This could include demonstrating your favorite products or sharing tips and tricks for using them. You can also offer a special discount or promotion for guests who book their own parties at your event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kmiller
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
kmiller
  • Kathy Jewell
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • cheflorraine