• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Suggestions for a Saturday Brunch Show?

In summary, Judy is planning on doing a DCB demo at two Saturday shows this upcoming week--one at 10:30am and the other at 2:30pm. She is unsure of a recipe for the brunch show, but the Ham and Cheese Brunch Squares are always a hit. She is also doing a show this upcoming weekend at 4pm. Judy is typically very busy between shows and requires 3 1/2 hours for a demo and transportation time to the next house.
jj16
Gold Member
As many of you know I had to go back to truck driving. I start tomorrow. I am planning on trying to book 2 Saturday shows a week. One mid-morning 10:30/11:00 and the other 2:30. So I was wondering what recipe some of you who do the brunch shows do. I'd like to demo the DCB at both of these shows. For the 2:30 show I was going to do the Chicken Penne Al Fresco (I think that's the name of it) but am stumped for the 10:30 show. Any suggestions?

Not sure of a brunch type recipe for the baker, but the Ham and Cheese Brunch Squares are always a hit.

At the last brunch show I did I made "monkey bread" with canned biscuits in my 8" skillet. I started it as soon as I arrived at the host's home and it was out of the oven when the party started and the guests munched on it while I made a broccoli cheese frittata (recipe from CC) in my 12". I know it is cookware but everyone was impressed, I don't know of any DCB breakfast recipes. I supposed you could make an egg cassarole in it but I have never tried.

jj16 said:
As many of you know I had to go back to truck driving. I start tomorrow. I am planning on trying to book 2 Saturday shows a week. One mid-morning 10:30/11:00 and the other 2:30. So I was wondering what recipe some of you who do the brunch shows do. I'd like to demo the DCB at both of these shows. For the 2:30 show I was going to do the Chicken Penne Al Fresco (I think that's the name of it) but am stumped for the 10:30 show. Any suggestions?
Wow, your show times are very tightly booked, are they close together distance-wise? If it all possible, I'd try to do the same recipe so you won't be too frazzled and it'll make your set up easier at the second show because it'll be fresh in your mind with what worked well for you at the first show. Even though that show is at 10:30, you won't be eating till a little later so maybe you could get away with having the Penne dish. Maybe you could make little muffins ahead of time (or your host could), using the MMP so you could offer the guests a morning treat while you do the demo?**ETA: of course that's assuming you have time to wash your things at the first home. If not, then maybe it would be good to do a different recipe that uses different tools. You'll want the second show's recipe to be an easy one as far as set up and prep work goes in case your tight on time.

I think that I would just bring the DCB to show off at the first show and use it at the 2nd. Are you going to have time to get everything cleaned and ready to go between shows?

I didn't realize this was a tight schedule to keep. What would you suggest for show times? I'm new to this so any suggestions would be appreciated. I didn't want to go too late in the afternoon so that I could still spend time with my boyfriend. Weekends are our only time together. Also, any suggestions on booking catalog shows would be appreciated. I'd like to do at least 2 catalog shows per week since they are a little more forgiving as far as a schedule is concerned Thanks. Judy

I'm doing a 11 and a 4 this weekend. I'm a little concerned about the time in between to re-group and get to the second show. It is the first time I've done 2 shows on one day.

I'm also a little concerned with the timing of the 4:00 show, I'm thinking it is a strange time for guests. But that is the time the host wanted. (I know I should be more firm on dates and times).

I'm curious as to what others think, but this is how I typically run:Show up 30-40 minutes early to set up
Most of the time, my demo is about an hour start to finish, but then there's dishing up guests, answering any extra questions and doing the check out.
For some reason, it always seems to take me an hour after that to wash everything, chat with the host, and pack up all my stuff till I'm out the door.So I factor 3 1/2 hours for a show.Then there's the transportation time to the next house and making sure I'm there 30-40 before the next show time.So maybe your time frame is totally fine, I would just be sure to keep track of time and make sure your demo doesn't go too long.

jj16 said:
I didn't realize this was a tight schedule to keep. What would you suggest for show times? I'm new to this so any suggestions would be appreciated. I didn't want to go too late in the afternoon so that I could still spend time with my boyfriend. Weekends are our only time together. Also, any suggestions on booking catalog shows would be appreciated. I'd like to do at least 2 catalog shows per week since they are a little more forgiving as far as a schedule is concerned Thanks. Judy

Just me: I would give yourself a little extra padding between the shows - especially since you are new.

As you do this longer, you will be able to have shorter set-up time at each show.

When I first started, I gave myself and hour ahead of show start time to get to the host's and get everything "set". Now, I need only about 30 minutes (maybe 45) depending on how comfortable I am with the recipes.

Also, don't assume you will be able to get out "on-time". This is still the thing I need to work on the most (I spend WAY too much time at my shows). But, anyway, if you have a larger crowd, you will get more questions and more orders (hopefully). Both of which will take you longer. Especially if you are new.

Also, don't assume your first show will start on time. I know I have a hard time "pushing" the host to start, especially, if she pleads to wait for so-and-so. I usually will wait 15 minutes. As you have been doing this longer, it gets easier to get the shows to start on time. (You will get more comfortable finding ways persuade the host that she doesn't have to wait for her sister.)

Where are you going to wash your tools between shows?

Many others on this board can help with suggestions to keep the show starting on time, ending in reasonable amount of time, etc. etc...But, if you are new, you will be thinking about so many other things. Honestly, starting on time and ending on time will most likely not be a priority for you for your first few shows..

Hope that made sense. :)

I keep going back to the Quiche Tartlets for the perfect brunch recipe. It doesn't feature the DCB, but does show off quite alot of products and I've sold quite a few mini-tart setups after doing this recipe for 2 of my first 4 shows. Plus, it tastes great!

This is what I was thinking when I asked the question.

Get there 30 minutes before 2 hours for show. I usually try to wash my dishes while guests are looking at catalog and I have them bring up orders as they are done.

I may have to rethink this and maybe start earlier, do different recipes using different tools or buy double or maybe start out doing one show per week and try to do 3 catalog shows.

I really don't know how to plan because I wasn't planning on going back to truck driving but my pocket book can't afford for me not to so I will probably just end up trying different things until something clicks or works. As I said before any suggestions are greatly appreciated and I appreciate all the help I've gotten so far. Please continue with the suggestions.

Judy

Here's some popular brunch recipes I've done.

Attachments

• Bountiful Brunch Pizza.doc
    24.5 KB · Views: 300
  • Cheesy Ham & Potato Frittata.doc
    24 KB · Views: 263
  • Deluxe Mini Muffin Pan Recipes.doc
    66 KB · Views: 490
  • Garden Fresh Oven Omelet.doc
    24 KB · Views: 285
Last edited:
I'd consider doing the 30 minute chicken and the pull-apart garlic bread for both shows. It's a quick and easy demo that shows off a lot of products.It's not brunch, but by 11 am, people are willing to eat lunch food. It shows off two major lines, stoneware and cookware, and quite a few products. Plus, everyone is always impressed by the 30 minute chicken! Then you'd just need to wash up at host #1's house and you're ready for host #2.

koima said:
I'd consider doing the 30 minute chicken and the pull-apart garlic bread for both shows. It's a quick and easy demo that shows off a lot of products.

It's not brunch, but by 11 am, people are willing to eat lunch food. It shows off two major lines, stoneware and cookware, and quite a few products. Plus, everyone is always impressed by the 30 minute chicken! Then you'd just need to wash up at host #1's house and you're ready for host #2.

I agree with this! It's a quick and easy demo that shows a wide variety of products, and always WOW's people!

jj16 said:

http://www.chefsuccess.com/f2/how-fit-2-shows-one-day-37972/

This is a thread you may want to read if you want to do two shows in one day. There are some helpful tips and times.

1. What type of recipes should I use for a Saturday brunch show?

For a successful Saturday brunch show, it's important to have a balance of sweet and savory dishes. Some popular options include quiche, fruit salad, baked goods, and breakfast casseroles. You can also incorporate some of our Pampered Chef products, such as our egg cooker or waffle maker, to showcase during the show.

2. How can I make my Saturday brunch show interactive and engaging?

One idea is to have a "build your own" station where guests can customize their own brunch dish, such as a yogurt parfait or breakfast sandwich. You can also involve your guests by asking for volunteers to help with demonstrations, or by incorporating games or prizes throughout the show.

3. Do I need to have a specific theme for my Saturday brunch show?

Having a theme can make your brunch show more cohesive and appealing to guests. Some popular themes for brunch shows include a "Spring Fling" with fresh, seasonal produce, or a "Southern Comfort" with classic breakfast dishes. However, a theme is not necessary if you prefer to showcase a variety of recipes.

4. Should I offer both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverage options for my Saturday brunch show?

It's always a good idea to have both alcoholic and non-alcoholic options for guests. For alcoholic beverages, you can offer a mimosa bar or a signature cocktail using our Pampered Chef cocktail shaker. For non-alcoholic options, consider serving a refreshing mocktail or a variety of juices and flavored sparkling water.

5. How can I make sure my guests are fully satisfied with their brunch experience?

Aside from offering delicious food and engaging demonstrations, it's important to also provide a comfortable and welcoming atmosphere for your guests. Make sure to have enough seating and serving utensils, and consider providing some light background music. Also, be sure to thank your guests for attending and offer them the opportunity to purchase any of the products used during the show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cooknjess
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
PChefPEI
  • meganmcg
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
meganmcg
  • GEScott