1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Grilled chicken penne al fresco

1. erinhoward

erinhoward Novice Member

I just got my own DCB and I want to start using it at shows. I have one show coming up with a friend who just bought her own DBC - I was thinking about trying the grilled chicken penne al fresco, but it looks like a lot of ingredients and is it maybe too many steps, considering I am new and still nervous?

I am going to try it for my family this week, maybe I am over-thinking this!

Oct 16, 2009
  2. Mrs.H.

Mrs.H. Novice Member

This recipe is super easy! If you read all the ingredients, you will probably notice that most of the ingredients are ones you have on hand. I made this recipe the day I got my SB last spring, and my husband loved it so much that I had to make it 2 days in a row. Some times he will come home with a box of pasta and a block of parmesan cheese so he can make it himself. It is very impressive and most poeple who have tried it have wanted a DCB because of it:chef:.

Oct 16, 2009
  3. pamperedpals

pamperedpals Senior Member Gold Member

I agree. This recipe has helped me sell more DCB than any other recipe. Love it!

Oct 16, 2009
  4. AJPratt

AJPratt Legend Member Silver Member

The first time you make it, it seems like its a pain, but it gets easier. At least it did for me.

Oct 16, 2009
  5. dannyzmom

dannyzmom Legend Member Gold Member

I sold 5 DCBs tonight w/this recipe!...and it's the recipe I did at the show where I sold 12, too!

Oct 16, 2009
  6. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Wow - I'm amazed. I tried this recipe twice with my family, and both times we didn't like it. I didn't like it at the cluster meeting where we had it either.

I guess I might need to re-think this!

Oct 17, 2009
  7. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

Oooh, we love it, and every time I make it for a show they love it. I think it is a fancy type recipe that really tastes good and is easy! Love it! Even my very picky DD ate it (which is very shocking for her!)

Oct 17, 2009
  8. Shell Northway

Shell Northway Member

I have sold 3 DCB's with this show. It is very easy. Practise at home if you arn't comfortable. Enjoy it!!!!

9. robochick84

robochick84 Member

I did this one at my first show last night.

I seemed to have some 'dead time' when it was cooking in the micro. What do you do to fill the cooking time?

I had no luck in selling the DCB though, and I offered a $99 special.

Ashley

Oct 17, 2009
  10. Fluffy215

Fluffy215 Member Gold Member

What dead time are you talking about? While the tomatoes are "roasting" I measure the wine and chicken broth and throw in one of my "commercials" then while the pasta is cooking I chop the chicken, grate the cheese, and snip the basil. If there is time I throw in another commercial. I haven't found any dead time in fact it comes out at a good timing.

Oct 18, 2009
  11. meea

meea

I am thinking of making Grilled Chicken Penne Al Fresco for a "Halloween" theme show I have on Sunday.....

Any ideas on what to "re-name" it for a spooky theme........:eek:

Oct 29, 2009
Have something to add?