• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grilled Chicken Al Fresco W/ Broccoli Instead?

In summary, you can use frozen broccoli for the Grilled Chicken Al Fresco recipe, but make sure to thaw it completely before grilling. Boneless, skinless chicken breasts or chicken tenders work best for this recipe. You can use a grill pan instead of an outdoor grill, but remember to preheat and lightly oil the pan. The cooking time for the chicken will vary, but it's recommended to use a meat thermometer to ensure it reaches 165°F. You can also use different vegetables such as zucchini, bell peppers, or asparagus, but adjust the cooking time accordingly.
PCCHeather0506
Silver Member
I have a show tonight and not being catholic I didn't even think of the fact that it's lent and catholics don't eat meat?? So I planned to make the Grilled chicken Al Fresco and my hostess called to remind me of lent after she bought everything already. She asked if we could substitute broccoli for the chicken....what do you think?? Can I get away with this? It's kind of too late...she already did it! I'm just hoping for you to reassure me that this is going to be ok still!!?? How would you cook the broccoli??

I don't know, maybe that would be a good way to show off the new steamer. And then you can just add the broccoli at the end, rather than cooking it in the DCB with the rest... just a thought. I have only made this once and didn't get to taste it (it was for a show) so not sure, but just from the ingredients and the smell I would think that broccoli would be good in it. But I think I would steam it, otherwise you might end up with a bunch of mushy broccoli in there... And a great way to show the steamer, if you have it, otherwise you could steam it in a microcooker... if you have one of those....

Just leave the meat out all together. It's good that way too.

Use veggie broth - and I am making it tonight using grilled shrimp instead - just adding them at the end........

I'm not even sure she thought about the whole broth thing....she just mentioned the chicken part?? I'll have to call her and see!

1. Can I use frozen broccoli instead of fresh for the Grilled Chicken Al Fresco?

Yes, you can use frozen broccoli for this recipe. Just make sure to thaw it completely before grilling.

2. What type of chicken is best for this recipe?

Boneless, skinless chicken breasts work best for this recipe. You can also use chicken tenders if desired.

3. Can I use a grill pan instead of an outdoor grill?

Yes, you can use a grill pan for this recipe. Just make sure to preheat the pan and lightly oil it before grilling the chicken.

4. How long should I grill the chicken for?

The cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of your chicken breasts. Generally, it takes about 6-8 minutes per side for the chicken to be fully cooked. It's always best to use a meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature reaches 165°F.

5. Can I use a different type of vegetable instead of broccoli?

Yes, you can use any vegetable you prefer for this recipe. Some great options include zucchini, bell peppers, or asparagus. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly for different vegetables.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Loveh20mi
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies
Views
mmilus
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies