• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Suggested Topping for Cherry Chocolate Cake Recipe

In summary, the conversation discusses different options for a fluted cake recipe for a grand opening next weekend. Suggestions include using cherry pie filling and cherry icing, serving whipped cream on the side, adding almond extract to the whipped cream, or using a glaze made with powdered sugar and milk. One person also recommends a Chocolate Velvet Cake with Strawberries recipe from Pampered Chef, which includes a chocolate and strawberry jam mixture, a glaze made with melted ice cream and chocolate, and fresh strawberries for garnish. The recipe can be made in the microwave or a conventional oven.
fun2cook2
Hi, Everyone!
My grand opening is coming up next weekend and I wanted to make a fluted cake recipe. Which one do you like the best? I was thinking of making the chocolate cake with cherry pie filling but wasn't sure what the best "frosting" to use with it was.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!:)
Thanks!

I woud use cherry icing - put about 1/3 tub in the small microcooker for about 15 seconds and drizzle over cooled cake. Shave chocolate and grate nuts over the top. Yum!

The one you bake in a skillet suggests fudge topping and nuts. It's delicious.

Personally, I love whipped cream over the top... it doesn't take away from the Cherry and Chocolate flavor...

I would serve whipped topping on the side but if you want to put a spin to it, add a few drops of almond extract to the whipping cream.....

I put a glaze on mine when I make that cake. One cup powdered sugar and 3-4 tsps. milk. Whisk and drizzle over the cool cake. Yummy!

I like the Chocolat Velvet Cake with Strawberries. It's in the S/S '08 Season's Best. The Pampered Chef ®
Chocolate Velvet Cake with Strawberries
RecipeCake
1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp vegetable oil, divided
1/2 cup milk chocolate morsels
1 pkg (18.25 oz) devil's food cake mix
3 eggs
3/4 cup water
1 jar (12 oz) seedless strawberry jam, divided Glaze & Garnish
1/3 cup melted vanilla ice cream
1 cup milk chocolate morsels
1 qt. fresh strawberries, divided
Additional ice cream (optional) Brush Stoneware Fluted Pan with 1 tbsp of the oil. For cake, combine chocolate morsels and remaining 1/4 cup oil in Small Batter Bowl. Microwave on HIGH 30-60 seconds or until melted and smooth, whisking after 30 seconds. In Stainless (4-qt.) Mixing Bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, water, 1/2 cup of the jam and chocolate mixture; whisk until well blended. Pour batter into pan.Microwave cake on HIGH 9-12 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Remove cake from microwave. Center Simple Additions® Large Round Platter over pan and carefully invert. Without removing pan, cool 10 minutes. Remove pan.For glaze, combine ice cream and chocolate morsels in Small Micro-Cooker®. Microwave on HIGH 20-60 seconds or until melted and smooth, stirring after each 20-second interval.Place remaining jam into Prep Bowl and microwave on HIGH 30 seconds or until melted; brush evenly over cake. Dip 16 of the strawberries into glaze; arrange around bottom edge of cake. Drizzle top of cake with remaining glaze. Slice remaining strawberries using Egg Slicer Plus®; place into center well of cake. Serve with additional ice cream, if desired.Yield: 16 servingsNutrients per serving: Calories 360, Total Fat 14 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 45 mg, Carbohydrate 57 g, Protein 5 g, Sodium 290 mg, Fiber 1 gCook's Tip: For best results, bake this cake in a 1000-watt microwave with a built-in turntable. This cake can be baked in a conventional oven, if desired. Bake at 350°F for 45-50 minutes. Shopping List
1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups milk chocolate morsels
1 pkg (18.25 oz) devil’s food cake mix
3 eggs
1 jar (12 oz) seedless strawberry jam
1/3 cup vanilla ice cream
1 qt. fresh strawberries
Additional ice cream (optional)© The Pampered Chef, Ltd.,

Hi there! Congratulations on your grand opening! I highly recommend using a whipped cream topping for your cherry chocolate cake. It adds a light and fluffy texture that complements the richness of the chocolate and the sweetness of the cherries. You can also add some shaved chocolate on top for an extra touch. Best of luck with your grand opening!

1. What are some suggested toppings for the cherry chocolate cake recipe?

Some popular toppings for the cherry chocolate cake recipe include whipped cream, chocolate shavings, fresh cherries, and a dusting of powdered sugar. You can also get creative and top the cake with a drizzle of chocolate or cherry sauce, chopped nuts, or even a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

2. Can I use canned cherries for this recipe?

Yes, canned cherries can be used for this recipe. Just make sure to drain them well before adding them to the cake batter. You can also use frozen cherries, just make sure to thaw them completely before using.

3. How do I make the cherry chocolate cake look more festive for a special occasion?

You can make the cherry chocolate cake look more festive by decorating it with fresh cherries on top, adding sprinkles, or using a shaped cake pan. You can also add a layer of cherry jam or filling between the cake layers for a pop of color and flavor.

4. Can I make this cake ahead of time?

Yes, this cake can be made ahead of time. You can bake the cake layers and freeze them, then thaw and assemble the cake when you are ready to serve. You can also store the fully assembled cake in the refrigerator for up to 3 days before serving.

5. Can I substitute the chocolate cake mix with a homemade chocolate cake recipe?

Yes, you can use your own homemade chocolate cake recipe instead of a cake mix. Just make sure to follow the instructions for preparing the cake batter and adjust the baking time if needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mlpatch
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
mlpatch
  • janetgia
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • pamperedlinda