• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Choc. Strawberry Recipe Revision Due to Complaints!

In summary, the recipe for Chocolate Velvet Cake with Strawberries has been revised to reduce the amount of chocolate morsels in the cake batter.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
Due to everyone with problems they modified the recipe!!!

Chocolate Velvet Cake with Strawberries Recipe Change

Chocolate Velvet Cake with StrawberriesDue to several reports from you regarding the overflow of batter in the microwave while making Chocolate Velvet Cake with Strawberries, the Test Kitchens have revised the recipe.

Begin by using 1 tbsp vegetable oil to grease the Stoneware Fluted Pan. Reduce the milk chocolate morsels in the cake batter from 1 cup to 1/2 cup.

Go here (website - see your e-mail) to view, print and/or e-mail all our Season's Best® recipes, including the revised Chocolate Velvet Cake with Strawberries.

Funny... 2 of my team have had problems with this, but I have made it numerous times and never had a problem

I have also made it numerous times and never had a problem with it over flowing. The only time I had a problem was in a smaller than normal microwave that I had to hand turn to cook evenly. Well, it still didn't cook all the way even and we had to scrap out the uncooked part!

Great tip though, this is a great recipe to make at shows. It's been my most requested recipe.

I never had a problem either, but I always cooked it at 80% power, (I read it here somewhere).

Well it's about time! I contacted the solution center about this in Feb. and they sent me a list of questions to answer about how I prepared it and then I never heard anything back from them! I made it 3 times, adjusting the power percentage and everything and always got the same overflowing results. I just gave up on it. I'll have to try it this way and see if it's any better.

I've never made it, but offered it to my June hosts and was just warned today by my AD not to offer it because of the spillover issue ... I'm glad this is being resolved because I also want to give it away as a "cake walk" item.

1. What changes have been made to the chocolate strawberry recipe?

The recipe has been revised to address complaints about the texture and sweetness of the chocolate coating. Instead of using milk chocolate, the recipe now calls for dark chocolate which has a richer and less sweet flavor. The strawberries are also being coated in a thin layer of white chocolate before being dipped in the dark chocolate to create a smoother texture.

2. Can I still use milk chocolate if I prefer it?

Yes, you can still use milk chocolate if you prefer it. However, we recommend trying the revised recipe with dark chocolate to see if you like the difference in flavor and texture. You can always adjust the amount of sugar used in the recipe to make it sweeter if desired.

3. Will this recipe still be easy to make?

Yes, the recipe will still be easy to make. The only additional step is coating the strawberries in white chocolate before dipping them in the dark chocolate. This will help create a smoother texture and prevent any complaints about the chocolate being too thick or clumpy.

4. How will the revised recipe affect the cost of ingredients?

The cost of ingredients may vary slightly depending on the brand of chocolate used. Generally, dark chocolate may be slightly more expensive than milk chocolate, but the difference should not be significant. The cost of the white chocolate used for coating should also be minimal.

5. Will the revised recipe still be suitable for those with dietary restrictions?

Yes, the revised recipe is still suitable for those with dietary restrictions. Dark chocolate is often considered a healthier option compared to milk chocolate as it contains less sugar and may be suitable for those with dairy or lactose intolerances. However, as always, we recommend checking the ingredients and consulting with a healthcare professional if you have any concerns.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • MaryannNic
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • jenne