• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Frosting on Top or Bottom for Fluted Stone Recipe?

In summary, mix the frosting in with the cake batter rather than plopping it on top. Oil the pan before adding the batter. Put 4 scoops of frosting in after the batter is poured into the pan. Put the cake in the microwave for 12 minutes. Let the cake cool for a few minutes and then flip it over to the frosting side.
babywings76
Gold Member
I've read a couple versions of the microwave cake recipes. I wanted to make the German chocolate cake with the coconut pecan frosting in the can. I thought I make the mix according to the pkg. directions and then use 1/2 can of the frosting in dollops on top. Then it sinks as it cooks. Right? But I read a couple recipes in the files that say differently. So how do you recommend I make it?

I think this is the only one where you put the frosting in first. The others you plop it in on top of the batter.

I I have made this a few time in the past few days
1. oil the flutted pan or use pam
2. make the cake as normal pour into pan
3. use the large scoop put 4 scoops in after you put the cake in top, bottom, left side, then right side
4. put in microwave 12min
5. let cool a few min
6. flip over the frosting ends up on the top of the cake
I have sold at 1 or 2 flutted pans at each party GREAT dessert and easy

:D See what I mean! :D :confused:

Doreen, is it the German Choc. cake that you did the frosting on top? Or are you referring to other cakes with frosting?

pamperedlinda said:
I think this is the only one where you put the frosting in first. The others you plop it in on top of the batter.

I second Linda, on the German Choc. Cake. A little secret I learned a long time ago is to mix 1/3 of the frosting in the cake batter (I put a little less oil like a 2 tbsp less). OMG it's to die for. I could eat the whole cake by myself.

Thanks Amanda in PA, now I am thinking about making a cake. Will Power, I don't need a cake, I don't need a cake. Ooh chocolate sounds good!

When I'm making a cake in the fluted pan I don't add the frosting at the same time. When I'm ready to garnish the cake I put the frosting in a small micro-cooker (shows another product!) and micro it for 13-15 seconds until it's drizzle consistancy.

Oh my gosh, you guys are so funny. :) Now I have all this advice. I think I need to go buy a bunch of cake mixes and experiment with all the ways. ;) :chef:I called my director because I know she made this at a show recently. I'm trying it her way this time. Next time, I'll do it another way. I'll let you know how this one turns out. I mixed it according to the directions, poured it into the sprayed fluted stone (mine's not seasoned well yet), took the medium scoop and scooped about 3/4 of the frosting into blobs on the top of the batter. Microwaved it for 12 minutes. Now it's sitting for the 20-30 minutes and then we'll see how it turns out. My director told me that this frosting (coconut pecan) is the one she thinks works best with falling down through the cake.

Okay, you've all been talking about this fluted pan so much, now I know I need to buy one for me!! That german chocolate cake and icing sounds too good to be true.

We just ate it and everyone liked it. Turned out pretty moist and light. Some of the frosting still kind of stuck to the bottom of the stone, so I just scooped it with a spoon and plopped it on the top of the cake where it seemed to be missing. So overall, pretty good. :)

I did chocolete and chocolete frosting , I am doing to try the Greman cake and add some frostng to the cake to see how that comes out

1. Can I choose to put the frosting on top or bottom for the fluted stone recipe?

Yes, you can choose to put the frosting on either the top or bottom of the fluted stone recipe. It is a matter of personal preference.

2. Will putting the frosting on the bottom affect the cooking time or temperature?

No, putting the frosting on the bottom of the fluted stone recipe will not affect the cooking time or temperature. The recipe will still bake evenly and thoroughly.

3. Do I need to make any adjustments to the recipe if I put the frosting on the bottom?

No, you do not need to make any adjustments to the recipe if you put the frosting on the bottom. The recipe will still turn out delicious.

4. Can I use any type of frosting for the fluted stone recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of frosting for the fluted stone recipe. You can use store-bought frosting or make your own from scratch.

5. Is there a specific technique for putting the frosting on the bottom of the fluted stone?

No, there is no specific technique for putting the frosting on the bottom of the fluted stone. Simply spread the frosting evenly on the bottom of the stone before adding the batter.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sburnside
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ShanaSmith
  • fun2cook2
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • c00p